Author Topic: its NBA TIME now, fuck other sports  (Read 4194 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
its NBA TIME now, fuck other sports
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:31:30 AM »
the world cup is every 4 years, other than that all that matters is NBA basketabll, the Spurs will pull it together to win their 4th title during the Duncan era, discuss.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: its NBA TIME now, f**k other sports
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:16:34 AM »
yawn

call me when the conference semifinals start

the nba and every other sport besides football play too many games

E

E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:30:04 AM »
Wizards in the East! (not that that's saying much due to the current level of teams in the Eastern conference.)

Fuck it! Go Wizards!

body88

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:24:11 AM »
Wizards in the East! (not that that's saying much due to the current level of teams in the Eastern conference.)

f**k it! Go Wizards!

Oh brother, I root for the Celtics. The last time they won a championship was in 86. With the rich history of winning and greatness involved in Celtics history. Pretty shitty to see where they are now. Bring on Durant or Oden!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 09:24:59 AM »
The Celtics are a complete embarrassment to that franchise at this point. I couldn't be happier!

body88

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 09:27:08 AM »
The Celtics are a complete embarrassment to that franchise at this point. I couldn't be happier

The Celtics suck now, but they also are one of the greatest franchises in NBA history. They have a rich history and some of the best players to ever live where Celtics. You don't have that luxury, no matter now much of a little hater you are. Well, aside from the ct suns womens basketball team! You're whole point on this board is to hate on and stalk fans of Boston sports. It is quit tiresome now.

Your main focus in life is to rant about Boston sports teams. You are not on here to talk sports. The jealousy is hilarious! Talking about failure/embarrassment by a Giants fan, how rich!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:43:52 AM »
Oh brother, I root for the Celtics. The last time they won a championship was in 86. With the rich history of winning and greatness involved in Celtics history. Pretty shitty to see where they are now. Bring on Durant or Oden!

Body, I told you it was those ugly f**king yellow seats in the Fleet center!  ;D

Change to irish green and the team might be on to something!

By the way Durant would look pretty good in green!

body88

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »
Body, I told you it was those ugly f**king yellow seats in the Fleet center!  ;D

Change to irish green and the team might be on to something!

By the way Durant would look pretty good in green!

Haha, I just heard that Paul Pierces elbow is infected. The injuries the Celtics have had this year, magnify the struggles :-\ Durant would look pretty damn good in Green. Who would have thunk Telfare would have been a bust.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
basket ball sucks

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 09:55:49 AM »
The Celtics are a complete embarrassment to that franchise at this point. I couldn't be happier!

There's this guy that calls into the Ben Maller show on Fox Sports Radio called "The Boston Hater" and he's hilarious. The only thing he talks about is Boston and their sports teams. You would enjoy him.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 10:01:43 AM »
Haha, I just heard that Paul Pierces elbow is infected. The injuries the Celtics have had this year, magnify the struggles :-\ Durant would look pretty damn good in Green. Who would have thunk Telfare would have been a bust.

I never understood the hype on him. When he was rookie in Portland, ESPN did that movie/special on him like was the second coming of Iverson. Then he came to Boston and got into trouble over gun possession? Am I stating that correctly about the gun incident? Or some issue about him being responsible for the rapper Fabolous's shooting?

body88

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 10:04:43 AM »
I never understood the hype on him. When he was rookie in Portland, ESPN did that movie/special on him like was the second coming of Iverson. Then he came to Boston and got into trouble over gun possession? Am I stating that correctly about the gun incident? Or some issue about him being responsible for the rapper Fabolous's shooting?

Someone stole his chain, and a member of fabulous's "crew" was suspected. The guy who stole it wound up shot, and apparently a member of Telfare's entourage may have been involved.

They celts have had bad luck for awhile now. Christ, when Pierce started playing here he got himself stabbed 15 times in a club. With all the injurys they have had there was  shot to improve anyway.

But, I have faith. With the celtics history of winning they will be back, errrrrr eventually?  ;)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 10:19:24 AM »
The NBA is as 1997 as saying "weak sauce."  The game is filled by fundamentaly lacking hoodlums whom guys like magic, michael, mullin, stockton, larry, ewing, hardaway etc etc etc... would wipe the floor with.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
Someone stole his chain, and a member of fabulous's "crew" was suspected. The guy who stole it wound up shot, and apparently a member of Telfare's entourage may have been involved.

They celts have had bad luck for awhile now. Christ, when Pierce started playing here he got himself stabbed 15 times in a club. With all the injurys they have had there was  shot to improve anyway.

But, I have faith. With the celtics history of winning they will be back, errrrrr eventually?  ;)

I've remember that. He's so lucky that he wasn't killed. Didn't it happen at that pool hall in Boston? What's the name of it? It's located in a very prominent area where local sports figures hang out. I used to walk by there all the time when I visited my ex. Help me out with the name.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 10:34:16 AM »
I grew up hating the Celtics (Lakers fan).  I absolutely love the fact the Boston fans chanted "MVP!" for Kobe the other day.  Even Magic and Kareem never got that kind of treatment. 

body88

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »
I grew up hating the Celtics (Lakers fan).  I absolutely love the fact the Boston fans chanted "MVP!" for Kobe the other day.  Even Magic and Kareem never got that kind of treatment. 

Even tho you grew up hating them, you cannot deny there former dominance and rich history. There first dynasty run has them winning what 11 of 13 championships? 2 more in the seventies and 3 more in the 80's.  I believe the Celts have 16 championsips to the laker's 14 ;) The people who chanted for Kobe where mainly LA fans from what I saw. Celtics fans do not go to the games, lol. They couldent fill the place if there life depended on it. Most fans got fed up with them long ago.

86 was only 20 years ago , leave me alone!!!  ;) :'(

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »
yawn

call me when the conference semifinals start

the nba and every other sport besides football play too many games

E

So true, especially basketball. a team can lose twenty straight games and still make the playoffs. dont tell me everyone is playing as hard as they can at this point of the season, this attitude reflects on the product. the playoffs and finals are exciting however but to make the first round of the playoffs a seven game series is rediculous, how many chances do you need to give a team to beat you?

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 11:37:56 AM »
The NBA is as 1997 as saying "weak sauce."  The game is filled by fundamentaly lacking hoodlums whom guys like magic, michael, mullin, stockton, larry, ewing, hardaway etc etc etc... would wipe the floor with.

i agree, the rule changes are also to blame. up until the late 90's you were able to hip check and place a forearm on the guys waist, now you cant. the rules are lop sided in favor of the offense which is prevelant in every pro sport but still. if you couldnt touch Majic, Bird or Jordan when they had the ball back they would have been much more dominant. point being the physicality of the game has changed it to a point where the game is not as good a product as it was in the eighties and nineties.
  also my cousin who lives in Yonkers, NY saw Chris Mullin playing a pick up game, he hit 11 threes in row during one game. mARK Jackson was also there playing point of course.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 11:43:57 AM »
Even tho you grew up hating them, you cannot deny there former dominance and rich history. There frist dynasty run has them winning what 11 of 13 championships? 2 more in the seventies and 3 in the 80's.  I believe the Celts have 16 championsips to the laker's 14 ;) The people who chanted for Kobe where mainly LA fans. Celtics fans do not go to the games, lol. They couldent fill the place if there life depended on it. Most fans got fed up with them long ago.

86 was only 20 years ago  :(

Yeah yeah yeah.  The Celtics were great.   :)  That's what made the rivalry so special.  But that title run came when they had like 10 teams in the league right?  [kidding]  Some of my most fond memories from childhood were the great Lakers/Celtics games of the 80s.  I don't think we'll ever see two teams with at least three HOF players each again. 

BTW, if I were putting together my all-time favorite team, it would look something like this:

Center:  Kareem
PF:  McHale
SF:  Bird
SG:  Jordan/Kobe
PG:  Magic

I miss the good old days.   :'(

body88

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »
Yeah yeah yeah.  The Celtics were great.   :)  That's what made the rivalry so special.  But that title run came when they had like 10 teams in the league right?  [kidding]  Some of my most fond memories from childhood were the great Lakers/Celtics games of the 80s.  I don't think we'll ever see two teams with at least three HOF players each again. 

BTW, if I were putting together my all-time favorite team, it would look something like this:

Center:  Kareem
PF:  McHale
SF:  Bird
SG:  Jordan/Kobe
PG:  Magic

I miss the good old days.   :'(

I was just busting your chops! That was a great rivalry no doubt. I hope the Celtics franchise can restore itself, so the rivalry can be rekindled. Right now I would asy the lakers are a LITTLE better ;)

Ok, ok a hundred times better!

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
McHale was the best powerforward ever. today people dont realize how good he was. he had so many post moves.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 11:51:10 AM »
I was just busting your chops! That was a great rivalry no doubt. I hope the Celtics franchise can restore itself, so the rivalry can be rekindled. Right now I would say the lakers are a LITTLE better ;)

Ok, ok, a hundred times better!

lol.  They never recovered from Len Bias.   :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »
McHale was the best powerforward ever. today people dont realize how good he was. he had so many post moves.

I agree.  He was a beast.  His arms were about as long as his body. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 12:04:12 PM »

quickest release ever... well, him or mullin.  That guy was insane.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »

i wonder what he is honestly thinking when he watches Kevin Garrnet. you think he shakes his head and wishes he was twenty years younger?