Author Topic: Browning 9mm High Power  (Read 2460 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Browning 9mm High Power
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2024, 01:46:03 PM »
I have an old fashioned colt revolver 22 caliber cowboy style it's all I need for varmits that may try and get my wives chickens. If an intruder showed up, I would be pulling my dog off them. If my dog wasn't around I don't need a weapon. If swat shows up it's going to take a lot more than a fancy 1911 or glock style pistol anyway better off with an escape route out the back to the jetski quick.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2024, 05:17:38 PM »
I have an old fashioned colt revolver 22 caliber cowboy style it's all I need for varmits that may try and get my wives chickens. If an intruder showed up, I would be pulling my dog off them. If my dog wasn't around I don't need a weapon. If swat shows up it's going to take a lot more than a fancy 1911 or glock style pistol anyway better off with an escape route out the back to the jetski quick.
Who posted this ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2024, 07:51:37 PM »
Irs nuts to think that even dudes in the 22 SAS, arguably the best on the planet, can’t even own a pistol after retiring. Boggles the mind.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2024, 08:02:58 PM »
was chatting with Oldtimer1 about pistols & this was my baby the Browning High power which was standard issue for us, maybe better ones now but what do you guys use / Carry?
Before taking the piss out of the guy in the video, he passed 22 SAS in the UK & Later Passed the Rhodesian SAS . A very hard guy.  He is correct in that the Browning was a beautiful pistol.

Just watched this video. Seems just as simple as the Glock. Easy to breakdown and reassemble. What are the iron sights like?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2024, 02:39:11 AM »
Just watched this video. Seems just as simple as the Glock. Easy to breakdown and reassemble. What are the iron sights like?

it´s not bad but you have to have decent Marksmanship skills to be good with it, has a slight kick. It´s the only pistol i´ve ever fired so i have no idea about the Glock.
Looks like the British Army is now using a Glock 17 (video is 11 year old but i think they still use it) he mentions the browning which was my time  :)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2024, 02:55:37 AM »
Irs nuts to think that even dudes in the 22 SAS, arguably the best on the planet, can’t even own a pistol after retiring. Boggles the mind.

Why would a government arm their best-trained, most capable citizens? They’re more interested in control, not public safety. Less public safety and more danger in the streets = more government control and rights taken away

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2024, 03:34:09 AM »
Why would a government arm their best-trained, most capable citizens? They’re more interested in control, not public safety. Less public safety and more danger in the streets = more government control and rights taken away

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2024, 07:01:48 AM »
Who posted this ???

Its funny as I actually did try to escape the police once on my boat but I took the big one and it was really slow and I was like 4 feet off the dock arguing with the cop as I slowly made my "escape"

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2024, 08:17:03 AM »

Very true.

Maybe it’s also a helpful tool for PTSD. Americans finish their service and then come home and still train and shoot, it’s like they still have a war to fight. Brits turn theirs in and never have to fire another a shot. Wars over for them I guess.

Dunno if there’s any merit to my theory.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2024, 08:35:12 AM »

Posts like this make me pine for life in the US. Fuck the fagggot Brits and Australians.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2024, 08:57:47 AM »
Posts like this make me pine for life in the US. Fuck the fagggot Brits and Australians.

In the US we have enough guns in private hands to arm every man, woman and child. If we were attacked the country on US soil would find a gun pointed at them behind every blade of grass.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2024, 09:00:43 AM »
In the US we have enough guns in private hands to arm every man, woman and child. If we were attacked the country on US soil would find a gun pointed at them behind every blade of grass.

Hahaha. It’s not 1941 any more.

You would be more likely to see a flaming homosexual behind every blade of grass, announcing their pronouns while surrendering.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2024, 09:01:33 AM »
Its funny as I actually did try to escape the police once on my boat but I took the big one and it was really slow and I was like 4 feet off the dock arguing with the cop as I slowly made my "escape"
Why would you try to escape the police ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2024, 09:49:56 AM »

I wanted to do some research on that when I was there. Besides Lee, I have a few friends that live there and one is an avid shooter. Before we left for Australia, I found at least 9 ranges in NSW. I do, however know that you have to have some sort of a government license to even use a range. I got to know a cop there and although he found it strange that Americans were allowed to carry in public he acknowledged that (of course like anywhere) criminals have guns but also so do some of the residents which he attributes to the reason why home invasions aren’t that common.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2024, 10:04:21 AM »
I wanted to do some research on that when I was there. Besides Lee, I have a few friends that live there and one is an avid shooter. Before we left for Australia, I found at least 9 ranges in NSW. I do, however know that you have to have some sort of a government license to even use a range. I got to know a cop there and although he found it strange that Americans were allowed to carry in public he acknowledged that (of course like anywhere) criminals have guns but also so do some of the residents which he attributes to the reason why home invasions aren’t that common.

Maybe it’s the fact they don’t have a 13% problem like we do. Sure, random terror attacks, but not a sustained criminal element.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2024, 09:18:05 AM »
Maybe it’s the fact they don’t have a 13% problem like we do. Sure, random terror attacks, but not a sustained criminal element.
:o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2024, 09:36:06 AM »
 :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2024, 07:24:09 AM »
I wasn´t SAS so just interested in the Browning & the extended Mag which i have up to now never seen. I did carry the Browning in Civilian clothes but we never used such a Mag.

he was one of the Guys in the Iranian Embassy seige, famous for not wearing gloves.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2024, 07:25:01 AM »

shame they didnt empty their clips into you

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2024, 03:59:11 AM »
Very true.

Maybe it’s also a helpful tool for PTSD. Americans finish their service and then come home and still train and shoot, it’s like they still have a war to fight. Brits turn theirs in and never have to fire another a shot. Wars over for them I guess.

Dunno if there’s any merit to my theory.

I think you’re on to something.  If nothing else, I’m sure it cuts down the suicide rate among veterans which is quite high among American vets:

According to a report published by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in 2016, which analyzed 55 million veterans' records from 1979 to 2014, the current analysis indicates that an average of 20 veterans die from suicide per day.[7]

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2024, 08:01:34 AM »
Browning hi-power is a classic and a great gun..but we do have better options now..the gun doesn’t make the shooter.

I have been shooting competition since I was around 9…30 years later I can tell you for a fact that myself or no one else in the world can out shoot a Glock, sig, cz, H&K or any other big name barrel. This statement is exclusive to handguns because it’s fairly easy to outshoot most production rifle barrels.

Save the weight and go with ease of use, disassembly, and reliability.

Bench

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2024, 08:43:26 AM »
Why would you try to escape the police ???

I can only guess they were glad he was leaving.

Perhaps, Bhanky can elaborate.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2024, 08:59:11 AM »
Browning hi-power is a classic and a great gun..but we do have better options now..the gun doesn’t make the shooter.

I have been shooting competition since I was around 9…30 years later I can tell you for a fact that myself or no one else in the world can out shoot a Glock, sig, cz, H&K or any other big name barrel. This statement is exclusive to handguns because it’s fairly easy to outshoot most production rifle barrels.

Save the weight and go with ease of use, disassembly, and reliability.

Bench

what does out shoot mean?

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2024, 12:21:12 PM »
what does out shoot mean?

I’m assuming Bench means that after many 1000’s of rounds at the gun range the barrel strength is compromised… may crack or show signs of wear.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2024, 12:33:20 PM »
BHP OOB has feeding/ramp issues. Needs some ramp work. Also, the mag disconnect is weird and I don't like it. It's a gorgeous gun, but I would never carry one.