Author Topic: strange thing with my elbows  (Read 860 times)

peteK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
strange thing with my elbows
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:20:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

For the past few months my elbows have been feeling weird on and off. Sometmes when I train they make a clicking sound, and sometimes my tendons right below my triceps seem to hurta bit the next day.

The strange thing is that I figured out when I get this condition. Usually when I do one or more of the following:

- Overhead barbell, machine and dumbell press (NOT bench press)
- Pullover
- Triceps extensions
- too many biceps/flexion exercises
- Front Squat
- resting my elbows on the table behind the computer at work

With the other exercises I don't have it, including weighed dips. DO you guys have an idea what my problem can be? I do take glucosamine for my joints but i only started about 2 weeks ago.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: strange thing with my elbows
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 07:00:13 AM »
Hi everyone,

For the past few months my elbows have been feeling weird on and off. Sometmes when I train they make a clicking sound, and sometimes my tendons right below my triceps seem to hurta bit the next day.

The strange thing is that I figured out when I get this condition. Usually when I do one or more of the following:

- Overhead barbell, machine and dumbell press (NOT bench press)
- Pullover
- Triceps extensions
- too many biceps/flexion exercises
- Front Squat
- resting my elbows on the table behind the computer at work

With the other exercises I don't have it, including weighed dips. DO you guys have an idea what my problem can be? I do take glucosamine for my joints but i only started about 2 weeks ago.

I have exactly that and I'm told it's tendonitis. If you take it easy or choose exercises that don't aggrevate it as much, it'll eventually go away. It's just inflammation and irritation of the said area. If you had a clicking and then it started to bother you after awhile. It's the rolling action of the tendon that's causing the irritiation that led to what you have now. They make elbow wraps and pressure bandages that alleviate it some what or you can take aspirins on the regular to help reduce swelling but it takes some time for it to build up in your system.  Pumpster gave me some good suggestions for other exercises that work just as well but can change the angle enough to not effect the problem area as much. I hope this helps at least a little. I'd suggest pm'ing him to get the skinny.