Author Topic: How Is Everyone? - the mental side of things..  (Read 3777 times)

Tombo

• Getbig V
How Is Everyone? - the mental side of things..
« on: April 24, 2006, 07:49:47 AM »
Hey everyone, i'm making this thread basically to provoke moral among the ranks... it would be great if every week or so all us natural physique builders could post how their feeling about their progress and what they can do about it.. along with stats if you wish, but i hate reading through a list of lifts and shit.

i recently took a week off after upper calories to insane amounts for two weeks while keeping up cardio, now im back into it and beginning to eat healthy..  food effects me in annoying ways, i sometimes 'eat for emotion' or whatever it is when i feel like shit mentally, and then it makes me feel shit afterwards cos i know ive cheated and yes its a terrible spiral, but im feeling good about this week, im back and stronger in the gym so yay.

anyway post yours bitches!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: How Is Everyone? - the mental side of things..
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:32:23 AM »
Well, I feel flat today and a little dizzy...oh and hungry.  Not sure why I feel so flat other then I did a helluva lot of yard work this weekend which maybe took it out of me along with a decent leg workout.  Maybe I need some red meat, I don't know I just don't feel like myself.

I'm glad your back on the wagon tombo-do you have a specific goal or just trying to lean up?
Jennifer

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:31:58 AM »
felt tired today tho turned it into an awesome workout. shouldr still a litle inhured so i cudnt bench. again. also didnt squat as legs were tight.

when i recover im gonna do a cycle which hopefully will take me to 130lg 3x5 bench press and i am gonna attempt 405x20 reps dead. squat next target is 400. i got 300lbs in less than 11 weeks

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 11:06:34 AM »
I feel like s**t.  I have 300 trees to plant.  Today is leg day.  I don't like girls.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:53:23 AM »
I feel like s**t.  I have 300 trees to plant.  Today is leg day.  I don't like girls.

I thought you had 600 to plant-suck it up and stop whining
Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »
I thought you had 600 to plant-suck it up and stop whining

I cut the order in half this morning.  And I'm not whining, he ASKED!!

:P

Careful there, thats 2 posts on the Natty board today.  Don't overdue it with that "lightheadedness" and your busy....important schedule......

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 12:11:04 AM »
BEAST - I'm not dieting for anything specific so im giving myself twice as long to do so - but i still have a goal of course .. and thats to be about 8-11% bodyfat... im around 24-25 now, but putting on muscle so im not really worried.

Today wasn't as good as planned.. its 5 pm and im about to go do my shopping.. which will include all the food i needed for today..  :-\ so im 'starting' tommorow i suppose. At least ive got the mindset  :P

Bast175

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 12:17:12 AM »
let me know the deal with your diet tombo. 

Bast175

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 12:29:18 AM »
btw, I gave tombo the advice to increase his calories for a few weeks, in hopes of boosting his metabolism.

You have to think of food as a tool to perform a function not as something that gives you pleasure.  Eat for function.   Don't drop your calories too quickly.  Try to get an estimate of the calories you consume to maintain your current weight and post that. 

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 01:02:09 AM »
btw, I gave tombo the advice to increase his calories for a few weeks, in hopes of boosting his metabolism.

You have to think of food as a tool to perform a function not as something that gives you pleasure.  Eat for function.   Don't drop your calories too quickly.  Try to get an estimate of the calories you consume to maintain your current weight and post that. 

well.. a few years back in my early teens i was pretty overweight at about 90kg.. it was a gradual taper until about 2200 calories per day high protein high fibre carbs based diet, that worked well for me, but this time ill probably get down to about 2800-2900 calories per day, trust me lately ive been eating a shitload but you should see what im eating.. im chucking random shit in with pasta and having unusual mixes of food on my plate so that was really an effort. But i hope to have a clean diet of complex and simple carbs, various sources of protein (maybe get some powder later) and little fats. I'm feeling pretty confident at the moment.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 08:07:06 PM »
Man i had an awesome workout today.  Today was Legs/delts

Finally all caught up on sleep after a crazy two weeks, it shwoed in the gym i was full of energy.  Workouts like this you dont want it to end sometimes. 
Valhalla awaits.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 09:58:06 PM »
feel good today had a good workout. good to be back in the gym after my buisy spring brake.
unknown

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 12:19:02 AM »
because its my school holidays my sleeping patterns are kind of affected, even though im getting the 7-8 hours, today i went and did chest, but couldn't get the same amount or quality reps i did last week, i guess everyone has bad weeks.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 06:57:24 AM »
I'm feeling GREAT!  I was really looking forward to hitting the gym today and doing my best.  I slept in a bit so my workout was rushed, nonetheless, it was one of the best workouts I have had all year.

I think mentally things are good.  I'm taking an extended off-season to build up and I'm finding that my new training and nutrition is paying off big time.  Strength is up, mass is up and I feel good.  Lots of people at the gym are commenting that I am thickening up.  So, good news like that tends to help your mental outlook.

The only downer right now (if I have to have one), is that my wife and daughter have been out of town for several days and I miss them.  My son and I are holding down the fort alright though.  You should see my to do list today... ugh... 10 million things to do today.  You know what though, is there anything that feels better than having completed a day and knowing that you did everything you needed too?  Then you can rest and enjoy the evening.

Have a great day y'all.  Look on the bright side.  We could be hiding behind a mound of sand with a machine gun praying that to survive another day in Iraq.  Keep those troops in your prayers.  I heard something yesterday that made me think... if you can't stand behind them, then stand in front of them.

Take care.
Romans 1:20