Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info

QUINOA

<< < (2/3) > >>

hangclean:

--- Quote from: Ra on September 13, 2005, 02:05:14 AM ---Is it high GI or moderate/low?

If it was low GI i would consider it, otherwise i see no reason...

Princess, you seem to know your stuff about food, maybe you can give me some links or some info about how to lower the insulin response to a meal, or about low GI food.
( i dont need another GI index, i can find those myself, just some more detailled info).
I eat a lot of bread, and a lot of carbs too. I'm thinking about saving my insulin peaks for post-workout...

--- End quote ---
Wouldnt it automatically be low GI because of the high fiber content?

migs849:
It will fall on the lower end of the GI table.  Remember that when you mix food, say eating quinoa with chicken and a little oil the GI goes down.  You always have to consider the other foods that you are mixing.

Princess L:

--- Quote from: Ra on September 13, 2005, 02:05:14 AM --- maybe you can give me some links or some info about how to lower the insulin response to a meal, or about low GI food.
( i dont need another GI index, i can find those myself, just some more detailled info).
--- End quote ---
  I'm glad people are starting to realize there's more involved than the GI of the carb itself.  Here's some great information. 
http://www.nutritiondata.com/glycemic-index.html

--- Quote from: Ra on September 13, 2005, 02:05:14 AM ---
If it was low GI i would consider it, otherwise i see no reason...

--- End quote ---
  It's considered a complete protein (unlike other grains, seeds, nuts, etc).  Plus it could offer some variety to the diet.  There's more to having variety than just taking the bordem away.  It's a natural way to get a variety of vitamins and minerals.[/color]

gli_ya:
Interresting... I picked some of this shit up today... it's not bad...

Bluto:
what does it taste like, like rice? is it hard to swallow?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version