Author Topic: Middle aged guy with heart issues and TRT docs  (Read 1963 times)

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
Middle aged guy with heart issues and TRT docs
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:49:52 PM »
I just turned 48 and have been bodybuilding/lifting for 30 years. Not competitively but for quality of life. Over 20 of those years I did one or two light cycles a year(250mg-500 sustanon/week + 40mg dbol/day) for 8-10 weeks and always kept moderate gains, my goal was always a Frank Zane physique so I never went crazy. But when I turned 45. I pretty much realized my genetics were maxed out and I thought about my health and my age so switched to trt dose(200mg test cyp every 7-10 days). I had a lucky hook up so got legit test cypionate straight from cvs w/o script.  Kept my gains I worked for over 30 years for but out of nowhere developed heart failure. Couldn't breathe, edema in legs, and was admitted to UCLA where cardiologists found I had an arrhythmia that was genetic and was causing the heart to beat 150bpm thus causing the failure.  Other than that, my heart was perfect, no plaque, perfect calcium, no high blood pressure. Eventually I had a procedure done called an ablation that cured the AFIB and my ejection fraction shot back up, I have my health back, can lift, exercise, whatever. But after all the years of cycles and then trt I crashed and have NO testosterone. No sex drive, can't get a pump but once doctors hear heart failure and steroids they are terrified to prescribe trt which is all I want. I don't have the cvs hook up anymore so I need a legit doc to prescribe trt. I really don't want to go to UG gear. But doctor's are just so scared of liability that I feel like my only choice is UG test for TRT and get all my bloodwork done and check ups.  Should I just lie to a trt clinic and don't mention the heart failure? Or just say game over and become an old man with no test? All I know is I feel like shit, no sex drive, can't get a pump, depressed and don't know what to do. I contacted that anabolic doc Thomas O Conner who seems kind of understanding but still it's very hard to get a doc to prescribe test if you've had heart failure and bodybuild. Many just say you shouldn't lift at all even natural after heart failure. Even though mine was just a genetic anomaly and had nothing to do with gear. I fucking hate getting older.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Middle aged guy with heart issues and TRT docs
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 08:56:48 PM »
I just turned 48 and have been bodybuilding/lifting for 30 years. Not competitively but for quality of life. Over 20 of those years I did one or two light cycles a year(250mg-500 sustanon/week + 40mg dbol/day) for 8-10 weeks and always kept moderate gains, my goal was always a Frank Zane physique so I never went crazy. But when I turned 45. I pretty much realized my genetics were maxed out and I thought about my health and my age so switched to trt dose(200mg test cyp every 7-10 days). I had a lucky hook up so got legit test cypionate straight from cvs w/o script.  Kept my gains I worked for over 30 years for but out of nowhere developed heart failure. Couldn't breathe, edema in legs, and was admitted to UCLA where cardiologists found I had an arrhythmia that was genetic and was causing the heart to beat 150bpm thus causing the failure.  Other than that, my heart was perfect, no plaque, perfect calcium, no high blood pressure. Eventually I had a procedure done called an ablation that cured the AFIB and my ejection fraction shot back up, I have my health back, can lift, exercise, whatever. But after all the years of cycles and then trt I crashed and have NO testosterone. No sex drive, can't get a pump but once doctors hear heart failure and steroids they are terrified to prescribe trt which is all I want. I don't have the cvs hook up anymore so I need a legit doc to prescribe trt. I really don't want to go to UG gear. But doctor's are just so scared of liability that I feel like my only choice is UG test for TRT and get all my bloodwork done and check ups.  Should I just lie to a trt clinic and don't mention the heart failure? Or just say game over and become an old man with no test? All I know is I feel like shit, no sex drive, can't get a pump, depressed and don't know what to do. I contacted that anabolic doc Thomas O Conner who seems kind of understanding but still it's very hard to get a doc to prescribe test if you've had heart failure and bodybuild. Many just say you shouldn't lift at all even natural after heart failure. Even though mine was just a genetic anomaly and had nothing to do with gear. I fucking hate getting older.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma.  Happy that you are alright though.  I'd talk to as many cardiologists and urologists as you can.  If you can find a pair that work in tandem, that would be great.  Get lots of opinions and if you walk away thinking 100-150mg's of test a week will be of no harm to you than go forward with it.  The TRT clinic I use is pretty liberal.  3 bottles of test a year along with a couple sets of labs and a consultation should be less than $750 per year. 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Middle aged guy with heart issues and TRT docs
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »
Difficult situation.

If your cardiologist says you are healthy enough to lift weights, you should be able to get a script for TRT.

I'm thinking the Docs you have seen are just scared of a lawsuit if something bad happens, which is normal.

Being on a "real" TRT program shouldn't effect you negatively, but i'm no expert on people who have been through what you have.

I've known guys who had a heart attack and were able to take TRT.

Maybe find an Endocrinologist who is more educated than a normal Doc on hormones. You should at least be able to get on some gels or something. Endo's are more expensive and not always covered by insurance, but they are experts on these things.