Getbig Female Info Boards > Open Talk for Girl Discussion

Mammograms

<< < (2/4) > >>

Laura Lee:

--- Quote from: xxxLinda on September 08, 2006, 08:52:16 AM ---Whoever decided women shouldn't have body hair must have been a man too (but that's another story and I feel so much nicer when I'm silky smooth and shiny anyway, so I've started thinking like that too).

Mammograms:  I've had rather too many over the years as one tit is slightly (but noticably) bigger than the other.  Left tit, on top of my heart.  That's normal.  Now they want me to go back for another mammogram, which I'm resisting as I don't like unnecessary x-rays. 

>>>They are much better nowadays though, they don't hurt anymore.  They don't try to flatten your boob between two metal sheets, it's a one-sideways thing now and is no longer painful.  It's okay.  Doesn't hurt, honest.  Go get it done, without fear.

I've got a lump (looks like a new muscle) under my armpit, so I went to get it checked out.  I had a mammogram 3 years ago and all was fine.  So they did ultrasound.  They said it's not a lymph node, it's nothing.  But then the consultant decides they need to do another mammogram.

I've since figured out my funny underarm bump is like a piece of grissle.  God knows how many times the salon has used wax which is too hot.  I've even waxed myself frequently, so I've almost certainly messed up the hair follicles.  But I know my body.  I know this is nothing.  Noone has ever noticed it  (I wouldn't have unless I'd been posing and looking at myself sideways), so I know I'm okay.  But they wanna keep doing mammograms.

I've got to go sort that out next week because the doctor at the breast clinic only requisitioned an ultrasound and then the consultant told her off.  I was explaining, (attempting to take up as little time and resources as possible). 

And the wonderful doctors and consultants are working there every day having to tell women they have breast cancer and I'm trying to tell them my lump is a little grissle from hot wax. 

Sorry to be all happy-go-lucky if you do know someone who has had the mammogram with the bad prognosis...

xLinda

--- End quote ---
My mother just recently died of Pancreatic Cancer (4/12/06, she was only became ill and diagnosed in January), her only brother died several years ago from Lymphoma and Melanoma, and her only sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer in June and had a masectamy done last week with not very good results (it's become very aggressive).  So my advice is to be checked, be cautious and be safe.  3 different people from 1 immediate family with 3 different cancers.   :'(

Deedee:

--- Quote from: Cheri Lane on September 08, 2006, 09:12:27 AM ---My mother just recently died of Pancreatic Cancer (4/12/06, she was only became ill and diagnosed in January), her only brother died several years ago from Lymphoma and Melanoma, and her only sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer in June and had a masectamy done last week with not very good results (it's become very aggressive).  So my advice is to be checked, be cautious and be safe.  3 different people from 1 immediate family with 3 different cancers.   :'(

--- End quote ---

Sorry for your loss, especially your mother.  It's terrible for a daughter to lose her mother, and I sympathize as I lost mine to cancer when I was 19. It also happened very quickly.  More than likely it was for the best, as your mother would have suffered terribly.   Because of that, my sister and I constantly get doctors telling us we should be getting mammograms much earlier in life... maybe it's a good idea.

xxxLinda:
oh, sorry...

Yes, you must do the mammogram.  I'd been doing it every 5-7 years and now they tell me every 3 years is suggested.

I've got cancer in my family too.

sorry, I'm getting tearful again
xL

Laura Lee:

--- Quote from: Deedee on September 08, 2006, 09:20:23 AM ---Sorry for your loss, especially your mother.  It's terrible for a daughter to lose her mother, and I sympathize as I lost mine to cancer when I was 19. It also happened very quickly.  More than likely it was for the best, as your mother would have suffered terribly.   Because of that, my sister and I constantly get doctors telling us we should be getting mammograms much earlier in life... maybe it's a good idea.

--- End quote ---
She painfully suffered for 2 months.  They had to put a tube in her nose down to her stomach because her stomach was filling with black shit, they removed that and put it directly into her stomach so that she could at the very least have sips of water.  She wasn't able to eat solid food during her last 3 weeks of her life.  I regret the fact that I didn't get to do/say a lot of things before she left me.  I miss her terribly.

Deedee:

--- Quote from: Cheri Lane on September 08, 2006, 09:41:58 AM ---I regret the fact that I didn't get to do/say a lot of things before she left me.  I miss her terribly.

--- End quote ---

I think those feelings last for some time... but then eventually those thoughts cross your mind less often, and become nice, good memories you can always cherish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version