Author Topic: Got a new Captain's of Crush Gripper!!!  (Read 2515 times)

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
Got a new Captain's of Crush Gripper!!!
« on: September 19, 2006, 07:53:29 PM »
Hey I am not a usual poster on this board, but I thought it would be appropriate to inform everyone of my sweet upgrade in Grippers.  I had bought the CoC Sport model of gripper last year.  Well, that was only 80lbs, and I closed it the on the first grip out of the package on both hands.  But still, if you use the workouts recommended, use higher reps, and use them 3 days as week (as I was doing), it can def be a decent grip workout.  AS with anything else in bbing and pling, just do more. 

So yesterday, I just got my a new pair and I am super excited!!!  I jumped right ahead and got the #1 Gripper.  it is awesome.  if anyone that is into pling or bbing, or rather any type of strength sport is not using these things on a regular basis, YOU NEED TO GET ONE.  Now was not able to close this #1 on the first time, but after some stretching and warmups (which you have to do in order to protect yourself), I was able to close it on both hands.  And i was only able to do it once or twice (vs everytime on the sport model).  Super cool toy! 

Does anyone else use these?
Sleep Big.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Got a new Captain's of Crush Gripper!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 01:56:47 AM »
Funny you mentioned it.

I posted about a CoC workout yesterday on the training board.

Just my opinion, but training anything more than twice a week will only make you weaker, except in the start, when the grip is real weak.

I was told to close the gripper, and hold onto it as long as possible, instead of repping with it. It seems to have worked.

I hope to be closing the #2 in a few weeks (2-3 mm's from doing two nights ago).

We also have a Rolling Thunder.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 05:09:54 AM »
That is awesome that you are almost closing the #2!!  Great work.

I am with you on the fact that closing and holding may work better than just repping.  I actually can't rep with my #1 now, so I'll just have to do the 3-4 big squeezes.  I'm already feeling a difference.

Everyone else...buy one.
Sleep Big.

dalkiel

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:52:45 AM »
but training anything more than twice a week will only make you weaker?

Care to elaborate?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 04:27:32 AM »
but training anything more than twice a week will only make you weaker?

Care to elaborate?

It's just like training any other muscle. Training too often will lead to overtraining.

By all means, try three or four times a week. It may work for you.

Doing one heavy set only, not to failure, for each hand every third day could be something to try. Why not?

I am doing pretty good with training every 4th to 6th day though.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Riddicks_bro

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 05:33:05 AM »
I use them. I have the Trainer, the #1 and the #2. Took me a while to close the #1, now I'm doing holds, overcrushes and negatives with it.

My #2 is clamped down to about 5mm right now, every time I successfully close it I open it up a tiny little bit. Should close it properly in a couple of months.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 02:20:43 PM »
I use them. I have the Trainer, the #1 and the #2. Took me a while to close the #1, now I'm doing holds, overcrushes and negatives with it.

My #2 is clamped down to about 5mm right now, every time I successfully close it I open it up a tiny little bit. Should close it properly in a couple of months.

I just closed the #2. Its funny. It took me a while to go from the #1.5 to the #2. The all of the sudden when I got the #2 finally closed only a couple weeks later I can do it easy!
The House that Ruth built

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 02:29:28 PM »

I just closed the #2. Its funny. It took me a while to go from the #1.5 to the #2. The all of the sudden when I got the #2 finally closed only a couple weeks later I can do it easy!

Congrats mang.

I'm finally at the stage where I can close the #2 at any given day, but the weeks right after I had closed it, I wasn't close, at least it felt like it.

Negatives and Static holds, finished with a gradual opening where I slowly opens the CoC and tries to close it again a few times, are what builds up the best crushing grip IMHO.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise