Author Topic: Dorian Yates - overrated!  (Read 254036 times)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Dorian Yates is ugly as fuck
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 09:59:24 PM »
How the hell are you able to post 23 times a day???? More importantly, WHY do you want to post 23 times a day?  :-\ :-\

I work a job where I sit in front of a computer for about 5 hours per day with nothing to do. So this forum kills my time well.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
Where in Canada are you from? Something about the way you wrote tells me you're from a French speaking province in Canada. You ended a sentence with the word "there". That is a very FRENCH thing to do. Are you a FRENCHY?

I was born and raised in California. Now I live in Asia. I'm an American.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »
 :-X

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 10:12:45 PM »
You also can not deny the fact, that there has been and will be better bb:s than he was in his best times.  

you can say that again: 8)

http://www.truveo.com/Ronnie-Coleman-1999-Mr-Olympia-Part-Two/id/1160132027

dorian never came close to this.

this is fact.

from the opening most muscular onwards, you can see that dorian lacked the shape, taper and detail (from the front) to compete at this level.
Flower Boy Ran Away

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Dorian Yates' physique is ugly as fuck
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 10:32:15 PM »
 I'm not a fan of Ronnie Coleman, but Ronnie was definitely a beter bodybuilder than Dorian.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »
I work a job where I sit in front of a computer for about 5 hours per day with nothing to do. So this forum kills my time well.

I want your job.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
you can say that again: 8)

http://www.truveo.com/Ronnie-Coleman-1999-Mr-Olympia-Part-Two/id/1160132027

dorian never came close to this.

this is fact.

from the opening most muscular onwards, you can see that dorian lacked the shape, taper and detail (from the front) to compete at this level.

Just right. And if BB:er has visible injuries which are ruin his symmetry, he should quit and fix them, not try to hide them like Dorian and later Ronnie try to do. We ain't blind you know, at least not all of us. If you look at the Mr. Olympia winner and you have to say "he looks good even if he has torn back and bicep", how it is possible that he has win? Even judges are blind some times, they look at the fame, not at the dude on stage. 

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2010, 06:14:57 AM »
I was born and raised in California. Now I live in Asia. I'm an American.

where in asia??.. dubai, india??..

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2010, 09:09:21 AM »
where in asia??.. dubai, india??..

I live in East Asia, by the Pacific Ocean.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2010, 09:22:23 AM »
And if BB:er has visible injuries which are ruin his symmetry, he should quit and fix them, not try to hide them like Dorian and later Ronnie try to do. We ain't blind you know, at least not all of us

what about the IFBB judge that claimed that dorian's torn biceps 'made no difference'?

::)

sure it didn't:

if I were dorian, I would have been pissed as hell at that kind of comment.

Because it showed how politically motivated the judges were. they looked the other way instead of judging properly, which undermines his later wins.

Dorian has great integrity no doubt, and he would not appreciate that kind of statement.
Flower Boy Ran Away

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
  • There is no Bathroom aggh(arnold voice)
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2010, 09:41:30 AM »
what about the IFBB judge that claimed that dorian's torn biceps 'made no difference'?

sure it didn't:

Because it showed how politically motivated the judges were. they looked the other way instead of judging properly, which undermines his later wins.

Dorian has great integrity no doubt, and he would not appreciate that kind of statement.

hulkster would you say that at dorians best he was top 2 greatest of all time??
Cool Beats

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »
hulkster would you say that at dorians best he was top 2 greatest of all time??

that depends on how you define greatest of all time.

if Ronnie, Jay, Dorian, Haney, Dex et all all stepped onstage today at their respective bests, I believe the results would pretty much follow the respective eras of the sport, with the exception of Jay/Dex and maybe Franco.

Ronnie at his best was better than dorian
dorian at his best was better than Haney
Haney at his best was better than Arnold..etc etc.

and on down.

thats pretty much been the natural progression of the sport (and drugs lol)

I do feel, like most others though, that Jay and Dex have been a step backwards for the sport relative to dorian and ronnie before them.

however, I do feel that dorian's post tear wins (which was most of his career unfortunately) really hurt him in terms of physique reputation. he was never the same after 93 even though he believes 95 was his best.

if 93 AC flex were to compete in this fantasy contest, he might even beat dorian. because he was much harder and better at the AC than he was at the olympia where dorian beat him.

so no, I am not so sure I would put him in top 2.

all I know is he was well below Ronnie. a distant second or third 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »

sure it didn't:

Moron the judge said the injury made no OVERALL difference , which it didn't just like Ronnie two missing and pathetic calves made no overall difference neither did one bicep shorter than the other

see that's your problem you make shit up and then comment on your own lies , you're retarded but we already know that

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
how predictable ND follows me into another thread to be embarassed yet again.. ::)

I make shit up?

you think I made these up?:

run along little boy. we all know you run from me, just like you ran away in the truce thread.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »
Moron the judge said the injury made no OVERALL difference

and your point is?

he is wrong no matter how you look at it.

and you are clueless enough to defend this judge LOL ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Judge must've been blind or biased to say it made no difference.
Just look at the FDB pose, its a big difference. It also showed on the front relaxed, BDB, FLS, etc. Although not as clear as in the FDB.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there was a bodybuilder that was penalized for having a torn pec in the past. Does anybody know the story behind this?

Anyway, why wasn't Dorian penalized for having a torn muscle, but that other bodybuilder was?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »
and your point is?

he is wrong no matter how you look at it.

and you are clueless enough to defend this judge LOL ::)

It's wrong for Dorian to have a torn bicep but no problem for Ronnie to have NO calves what's so ever , gotcha  ;) 

hypocrite much

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »
Just look at the FDB pose, its a big difference. It also showed on the front relaxed, BDB, FLS, etc. Although not as clear as in the FDB.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there was a bodybuilder that was penalized for having a torn pec in the past. Does anybody know the story behind this?

Anyway, why wasn't Dorian penalized for having a torn muscle, but that other bodybuilder was?

Spoken like a person who has no clue how contests are judged , the criteria calls for a examination of the calves as well in the front double biceps as well as every other pose but Ronnie's are MISSING in every pose don't be a hypocrite

and Levrone was never penalized for his torn pec  ;)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
Spoken like a person who has no clue how contests are judged , the criteria calls for a examination of the calves as well in the front double biceps as well as every other pose but Ronnie's are MISSING in every pose don't be a hypocrite

I think I have a clue on how contests are judged pal, you're not the only one who knows here. Why are you always talking down on everyone here as if you were the ultimate master on contest judging?  ::)

Anyway, I know every single bodypart is judged in every pose and how they "flow" together. What I meant is why a torn, oddly shaped muscle is not marked down as a flaw in Dorian's case?
And yes, I know Ronnie's calves were small for his upper legs, they are a flaw too. But they weren't torn or unsymmetrical to each other, unlike Dorian's biceps.

and Levrone was never penalized for his torn pec  ;)

So was it Levrone?

I read in another board that there was a bodybuilder that was penalized for having a torn pec before.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »
how predictable ND follows me into another thread to be embarassed yet again.. ::)

I make shit up?

you think I made these up?:

run along little boy. we all know you run from me, just like you ran away in the truce thread.

I'm going to dismantle your post in two seconds and show everyone how fucking stupid you are.

point one - you're in yet another Dorian Yates thread , wow talk about predictability
point two - you're quoting someone and it's not even their words ( you have a long history of this )
point three - you can't spell for shit yet brag about how great the University you went is , it's embarrassed genius  ;)
point four - you don't have a clue on how contests are judged ( again old news )
point five - you're a hypocrite ( surprise , surprise old news again )  Dorian's torn bicep make an overall difference according to you , yet Ronnie's two missing calves don't , or his very mediocre abdominals
point six - you're delusional , no one runs from you all I do is correct you and your dumb comrades

two seconds Hulkster is owned again

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
Why are you always talking down on everyone here as if you were the ultimate master on contest judging?

because he is an idiot.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »

no shit. but ND is in clueless land and agrees with the judge.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
What I meant is why a torn, oddly shaped muscle is not marked down as a flaw in Dorian's case?

it should have been, thats the point.

but to ND, all is well LOL ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2010, 02:39:14 PM »
I think I have a clue on how contests are judged pal, you're not the only one who knows here. Why are you always talking down on everyone here as if you were the ultimate master on contest judging?  ::)

Anyway, I know every single bodypart is judged in every pose and how they "flow" together. What I meant is why a torn, oddly shaped muscle is not marked down as a flaw in Dorian's case?
And yes, I know Ronnie's calves were small for his upper legs, they are a flaw too. But they weren't torn or unsymmetrical to each other, unlike Dorian's biceps.

So was it Levrone?

I read in another board that there was a bodybuilder that was penalized for having a torn pec before.

no you don't , not for a moment you've already proven this. I'm not the only one who knows how contests are judged just one of the very few. I'm not the ultimate master on how contests are judged but unlike you and stupid Hulkster I know how they are judged and aren't drawing my own conclusions based on ignorance , preference all the while being a hypocrite

You just claimed you know how contests are judged yet you're asking questions on why or how Dorian was or wasn't marked down , if you really knew how contests are judged , then you'd know he could have very well been marked down . however Mr I know how contests are judged , the high & low scores are tossed out so Dorian could have technically been scored down for his torn bicep and still won with straight firsts  ;) like I said you don't know how contests are judged

Ronnie's calves were much worse than Dorian's biceps and why? they're oddly shaped , insert high , and lack proportionate size in relation to his quads and lack detail and development and under NO circumstances are they symmetrical , NOTHING in nature is symmetrical and they don't even remotely resemble one another , so as usual WRONG on all points

So was it Levrone?

Lervone has the second most contests wins in the history of the IFBB and he tore his pec early on in his career so ask yourself did he suffer for it?  ;)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »
no shit. but ND is in clueless land and agrees with the judge.. ::)

Yes, we've seen that before. As long as its a judges' decision or written in a bb magazine he agrees. ;D