Author Topic: 2021 Deathpool thread  (Read 65605 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2021 Deathpool thread
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2021, 07:45:54 PM »
R.I.P. IFBB PRO Fahd Al-Hazzazi

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2021, 07:48:27 PM »
Could somebody please change this thread title to 2021 obituary thread?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2021, 10:44:03 PM »
'Blow' Inspiration George Jung Dead at 78

Impressive, given the amount of cocaine he used.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2021, 05:21:33 PM »
NFL's Tarik Cohen's Twin Brother Found Dead After Apparent Electrocution

Tyrell Cohen -- the twin brother of NFL running back Tarik Cohen -- was found dead Sunday ... after officials say they believe he was electrocuted trying to climb power equipment.

Authorities say the 25-year-old, who's a fraternal twin of the Chicago Bears star, was involved in the tragedy shortly after a single-car crash Saturday morning in Raleigh, NC.

Officials say Tyrell left the scene of the accident after the wreck ... and could not be located in the ensuing hours.

Tyrell's family eventually filed a missing person report Saturday night ... with Tarik even putting out a message on social media asking anyone in the area for help locating his brother.

"Could be on foot in the [woods] around 540 and six forks," Tarik said in a since-deleted tweet. "Possibly injured!"

Officials say on Sunday morning, they resumed their search for Tyrell ... and, after an employee at a Duke Energy substation discovered a body, officials ultimately identified it as Tyrell's.

Authorities say Tyrell appeared to have entered the substation after the accident and was electrocuted shortly after. They say they do not believe foul play was involved.

The Bears released a statement Sunday evening mourning the death ... saying, "We are heartbroken."

"Our immediate thoughts and prayers go out to Tarik, his mother, Tilwanda, and the rest of their family and loved ones."

They continued, "On behalf of the entire Bears family, we extend our most heartfelt sympathies to all who mourn his loss."

Tarik was picked in the 4th round by the Bears in the 2017 NFL Draft. He's started 22 games for the team in his four-year career.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/10/tarik-cohen-tyrell-electrocution-cops-fraternal-twin-chicago-bears-running-back-nfl/?fbclid=IwAR0RT5COdS4Es3_Vlct5HmADZqfi2d7zpsZ_EWmdYt8AlpMwT4HkAThaLs4

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #279 on: May 11, 2021, 06:16:58 PM »
106!

Norman Lloyd, born Norman Perlmutter (November 8, 1914 – May 11, 2021)

Lloyd was an actor, producer, and director with a career in entertainment spanning nearly a century. He worked in every major facet of the industry including theatre, radio, television and film, with a career that started in 1923. His last film, Trainwreck, was released in 2015, after Lloyd had attained 100 years of age. In the 1930s, he apprenticed with Eva Le Gallienne's Civic Repertory Theatre and worked with such influential groups as the Federal Theatre Project's Living Newspaper unit, the Mercury Theatre, and the Group Theatre. Lloyd's long professional association with Alfred Hitchcock began with his performance portraying a Nazi agent in the film Saboteur (1942). He also appeared in Spellbound (1945), and was a producer of Hitchcock's anthology television series Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Lloyd directed and produced episodic television throughout the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. As an actor, he appeared in over 60 films and television shows, with his roles including Bodalink in Charlie Chaplin's Limelight (1952), Mr. Nolan in Dead Poets Society (1989), and Mr. Letterblair in The Age of Innocence (1993).

In the 1980s, Lloyd gained a new generation of fans for playing Dr. Daniel Auschlander, one of the starring roles on the medical drama St. Elsewhere. From 1998 to 2001, he played Dr. Isaac Mentnor in the UPN science fiction drama Seven Days. His numerous television guest-star appearances include The Joseph Cotten Show; Murder, She Wrote; The Twilight Zone; Wiseguy; Star Trek: The Next Generation; Wings; The Practice; and Civil Wars. Lloyd's wife of 75 years, Peggy, died on August 30, 2011, at the age of 98. The couple had two children, one of whom is actress Josie Lloyd. Lloyd died during his sleep at the age of 106 in the morning of May 11, 2021, at his home in Los Angeles.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2021, 04:48:44 PM »
Charles Grodin (April 21, 1935 – May 18, 2021)

Grodin began his acting career in the 1960s appearing in TV serials including The Virginian. He had a small part as an obstetrician in Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby in 1968. In the 1970s he moved into film acting, including playing the lead in Elaine May's The Heartbreak Kid (1972) and supporting roles in Mike Nichols' Catch-22 (1970) and Warren Beatty's Heaven Can Wait (1978). He became a familiar face as a supporting actor in many Hollywood comedies of the era, including Real Life (1979), Seems Like Old Times (1980), Ishtar (1987), and Dave (1993). Grodin co-starred alongside Robert De Niro in the action comedy Midnight Run (1988), and in the family film Beethoven (1992). He made frequent appearances on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and Late Night with David Letterman.

In the mid-1990s, Grodin retired from acting, and wrote several autobiographies, and became a talk show host on CNBC and in 2000 a political commentator for 60 Minutes II. He returned to acting with a handful of roles in the mid-2010s and appeared in a recurring role in Louis C.K.'s FX show Louie and While We're Young (2015). He also portrayed the philanthropist and defrauded investor Carl J. Shapiro in the 2016 miniseries Madoff on ABC. Grodin had two children: daughter Marion (a comedian), from his marriage to Julie Ferguson, and son, Nicholas, from his marriage to Elissa Durwood. Grodin died from bone marrow cancer at his home in Wilton, Connecticut on May 18, 2021

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
Charles Grodin (April 21, 1935 – May 18, 2021)

Grodin began his acting career in the 1960s appearing in TV serials including The Virginian. He had a small part as an obstetrician in Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby in 1968. In the 1970s he moved into film acting, including playing the lead in Elaine May's The Heartbreak Kid (1972) and supporting roles in Mike Nichols' Catch-22 (1970) and Warren Beatty's Heaven Can Wait (1978). He became a familiar face as a supporting actor in many Hollywood comedies of the era, including Real Life (1979), Seems Like Old Times (1980), Ishtar (1987), and Dave (1993). Grodin co-starred alongside Robert De Niro in the action comedy Midnight Run (1988), and in the family film Beethoven (1992). He made frequent appearances on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and Late Night with David Letterman.

In the mid-1990s, Grodin retired from acting, and wrote several autobiographies, and became a talk show host on CNBC and in 2000 a political commentator for 60 Minutes II. He returned to acting with a handful of roles in the mid-2010s and appeared in a recurring role in Louis C.K.'s FX show Louie and While We're Young (2015). He also portrayed the philanthropist and defrauded investor Carl J. Shapiro in the 2016 miniseries Madoff on ABC. Grodin had two children: daughter Marion (a comedian), from his marriage to Julie Ferguson, and son, Nicholas, from his marriage to Elissa Durwood. Grodin died from bone marrow cancer at his home in Wilton, Connecticut on May 18, 2021

RIP Chuck. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2021, 07:52:08 PM »
Grodin was excellent in "Heaven Can Wait".  I actually prefer that version to the original (albeit barely and I have both) which starred Robert Montgomery (Elizabeth Montgomery's father) and was called "Here Comes Mr. Jordan".  A fine comedic actor with excellent phrasing and timing. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #283 on: May 18, 2021, 08:31:36 PM »
Grodin was excellent in "Heaven Can Wait".  I actually prefer that version to the original (albeit barely and I have both) which starred Robert Montgomery (Elizabeth Montgomery's father) and was called "Here Comes Mr. Jordan".  A fine comedic actor with excellent phrasing and timing.

I love that film: "I'm in the pink!"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2021, 04:03:14 PM »
I nominate that crybaby Anthony Roberts.  Seems he has been chased off of mainstream Internet now....  will probably kill himself.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2021, 12:03:20 PM »
I nominate that crybaby Anthony Roberts.  Seems he has been chased off of mainstream Internet now....  will probably kill himself.

The steroid guy?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2021, 08:34:57 PM »
The steroid guy?

Yeah.  That was ran off every board he joined.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2021, 07:50:58 PM »
'School of Rock' drummer Kevin Clark dies at 32 after getting hit by car; Jack Black 'heartbroken'

Kevin Clark, who appeared in the 2003 film "School of Rock" with Jack Black, died in Chicago Wednesday after getting struck by a car while riding his bicycle. He was 32.

Clark suffered multiple blunt force injuries from the collision and was pronounced dead  at 2:04 a.m. at Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Natalia Derevyanny, the director of communications for the Cook County Bureau of Administration, confirmed to USA TODAY. His death was an accident, she added.

According to a statement provided to USA TODAY by Chicago Police Department Public Information Officer Anthony Spicuzza, an unnamed male, whom Derevyanny later identified as Clark, was struck by a Hyundai Sonata on the 2600 block of North Western. The driver, a 20-year-old female, was issued citations.

Clark was in critical condition before his transport to the hospital for treatment. The incident remains under investigation.

Clark appeared alongside stars Black and Miranda Cosgrove in "School of Rock" as student drummer Freddy Jones. It's his only acting credit listed on IMdB.

Black said he was "heartbroken" by the news.

"Devastating news. Kevin is gone. Way too soon. Beautiful soul. So many great memories," Black captioned a throwback picture with Clark on Instagram Wednesday, in addition to a more recent photo. "Sending love to his family and the whole School of Rock community."

Clark's mother Allison Clark told the Chicago Sun-Times that her son played in several bands. His latest group, Jess Bess and the Intentions, played its first live show Saturday.

“They were unbelievably fantastic, and they would’ve gone somewhere,” she said. “He’s just a raw talent. He’s got a heart of gold."

According to Allison, Clark had no acting experience prior to "School of Rock."

"He just kind of shined," she said. “He took it on right away, but he never really acted afterward."

Clark’s former roommate and bandmate Robbie Goldberg told the outlet that Clark "was motivated and loved to write songs."

"He loved to take the guitar off the wall and make a funny song," Goldberg added. "It was great working with Kevin."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2021/05/26/school-rock-kid-drummer-kevin-clark-dead-after-getting-hit-car/7457041002/?fbclid=IwAR0ayhMe60VpgG5yiTpacvu1y19-Cw3rwTo9loRBdfAQln_1KD_R92O5nKI

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2021, 03:23:12 PM »
Gavin MacLeod, ‘Love Boat’ Captain and ‘Mary Tyler Moore Show’ Star, Dies at 90

Gavin MacLeod, a sitcom veteran who played seaman “Happy” Haines on “McHale’s Navy,” Murray on “Mary Tyler Moore” and the very different, vaguely patrician Captain Stubing on “The Love Boat,” has died. He was 90.

MacLeod’s nephew, Mark See, confirmed his death to Variety. MacLeod died in the early morning on May 29. No cause of death was given, but MacLeod’s health had declined in recent months.

MacLeod played a relatively minor character on ABC hit “McHale’s Navy,” starring Ernest Borgnine, but as newswriter Murray Slaughter, he was certainly one of the stars of “Mary Tyler Moore,” appearing in every one of the classic comedy’s 168 episodes during its 1970-77 run on CBS. Murray was married to Marie (Joyce Bulifant) but was in love with Moore’s Mary Richards. His desk was right next to Mary’s in the WGN newsroom, so MacLeod was frequently in the shot during the sitcom, and Murray, like all the other characters, was richly developed — a hallmark of MTM shows.

MacLeod originally tried out for the part of Lou Grant, which went to Ed Asner, but claimed to be happy that he ended up playing Murray. He also auditioned for the role of Archie Bunker on “All in the Family,” but of reading the script for the first time, he wrote in his memoir, “Immediately I thought, This is not the script for me. The character is too much of a bigot. I can’t say these things.” When Norman Lear called the actor to say that Carroll O’Connor had gotten the part, MacLeod was relieved.

The “Moore” cast — MacLeod, Asner, Valerie Harper, Cloris Leachman, Betty White and Georgia Engel (Ted Knight had died in 1986) — reminisced with Moore in 2002 on CBS’ “The Mary Tyler Moore Reunion.”

Asner paid tribute to MacLeod on Twitter, writing: “My heart is broken. Gavin was my brother, my partner in crime (and food) and my comic conspirator. I will see you in a bit Gavin. Tell the gang I will see them in a bit. Betty! It’s just you and me now.”

MacLeod had the great fortune to roll right from one hit show to another in 1977, when “Moore” ended and ABC’s “The Love Boat” began. The hourlong romantic comedy set on a cruise ship ran for 10 years. The actor’s Captain Stubing was known for his signature salute. Even after the end of the voyage in 1987, the actor returned for telepic “The Love Boat: A Valentine Voyage” in 1990 and for the “Reunion” episode of rebooted series “Love Boat: The Next Wave” in 1998.

MacLeod may, indeed, hold a record for consecutive long-running series: He went straight from “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” (168 episodes) to “The Love Boat” (249 episodes).

The New York Times said in 2010: “Perhaps no actor has embraced a signature role the way Mr. MacLeod has with Captain Stubing. Since ‘The Love Boat’ went off the air, he has been a spokesman for Princess Cruises.”

In 1997, the actor joined the rest of “The Love Boat” cast on “Oprah” in what was the first full cast appearance since the show was cancelled. Another cast reunion occurred in 2013 on “The Talk.”

MacLeod was born Allan George See in Mount Kisco, N.Y. His mother worked for Reader’s Digest, while his father was an electrician who was part Chippewa. He grew up in Pleasantville, N.Y., and went to Ithaca College, where he studied acting and graduated in 1952. After serving in the U.S. Air Force, he moved to New York City and worked at Radio City Music Hall as an usher and elevator operator while seeking work as an actor. During this time he changed his name.

After a few uncredited film roles, MacLeod made his credited bigscreen debut in the 1958 Susan Hayward vehicle “I Want to Live,” playing a police lieutenant, then played a G.I. in Gregory Peck starrer “Pork Chop Hill” the next year. His supporting role in Blake Edwards’ WWII comedy “Operation Petticoat,” starring Cary Grant and Tony Curtis and focusing on the chaotic goings on aboard a submarine, gave the young actor a flavor of what he would be doing a few years later on “McHale’s Navy.” In the meantime he appeared in the 1960 thriller “Twelve Hours to Kill,” which starred future “I Dream of Jeannie” star Barbara Eden; Blake Edwards’ musical comedy “High Time,” starring Bing Crosby and Fabian; and the critically hailed but now forgotten Korean War film “War Hunt.” He also did a boatload of guest appearances on TV before his stint on “McHale’s Navy.”

MacLeod left “McHale’s Navy” in order to be able to appear in a supporting role in the excellent period adventure film “The Sand Pebbles,” starring Steve McQueen, and he appeared in a number of other films throughout the decade: “A Man Called Gannon” and Blake Edwards’ Peter Sellers comedy “The Party” in 1968; “The Thousand Plane Raid,” “The Comic” and “The Intruders” in 1969; and, in 1970, the World War II caper film “Kelly’s Heroes,” in which he played Moriarty, Oddball’s machine-gunner and mechanic.

In the meantime he was guesting on both dramas (“Perry Mason,” “Ben Casey,” “Ironside,” “Hawaii Five-O,” “The Big Valley”) and comedies (“The Andy Griffith Show,” “My Favorite Martian,” “Hogan’s Heroes”). In December 1961, he guested on “The Dick Van Dyke Show” in what was his first time working with Mary Tyler Moore.

After his years on “Mary Tyler Moore” and “The Love Boat,” MacLeod did not work on a steady basis — he did not have to.

He made an impression, however, in a 2000 episode of HBO prison drama “Oz” in which he played the Roman Catholic Cardinal Frances Abgott, with whom Rita Moreno’s nun Sister Pete discusses leaving the order. The actor had assumed a certain gravitas as Captain Stubing, even amid the silliness of “The Love Boat,” that made this role possible in a way that it couldn’t have been before.

In the 2000s MacLeod also guested on series including “The King of Queens,” “JAG,” “Touched by an Angel” and “That ’70s Show.”

MacLeod, who had appeared on Broadway in 1962 in “The Captains and the Kings,” also returned to stage work after “The Love Boat.” He toured with Michael Learned of “The Waltons” in A.R. Gurney’s “Love Letters,” and he appeared in musicals such as “Gigi” and “Copacabana” between 1997 and 2003. At a concert in 2008, he conducted the Colorado Symphony in Denver.

MacLeod was first married, from 1955-1972, to Joan Devore, with whom he had two sons and two daughters.

He married actress Patti Kendig in 1974. They divorced in 1982 but remarried in 1985.

During the mid-1980s, MacLeod and his second wife became Evangelical Christians, and the pair credited the religion for reuniting them. He wrote about it in his 1987 book “Back on Course, the Remarkable Story of a Divorce That Ended in Remarriage.” He and Kendig appeared in the Christian big-screen time-travel epic “Time Changer,” along with Hal Linden, in 2002, and he played the title role in the 2008 Christian film “The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.”

His memoir “This Is Your Captain Speaking: My Fantastic Voyage Through Hollywood, Faith & Life,” was published in 2013.

He is survived by Kendig and four children by Devore.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/gavin-macleod-dead-dies-love-boat-mary-tyler-moore-show-1234984591/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2021, 10:50:55 AM »
'Tarzan' Star Joe Lara Dead at 58 After Plane Crash in Tennessee

Joe Lara -- the star of "Tarzan: The Epic Adventures" -- has died after a small plane he, his wife and a few others were on crashed into a lake this weekend.

The private jet -- said to be a Cessna 501 -- took off Saturday from Smyrna Airport, just outside of Nashville, and was reportedly headed toward Palm Beach, FL ... but somehow plunged into Percy Priest Lake not too long after takeoff.

Fire and other rescue crews were dispatched to the scene -- but, after an all-night operation -- authorities say the passengers were found to be deceased ... and their families were notified. An investigation is underway to determine what might've caused the crash.

Lara was one of seven people who were killed. The others are his spouse -- Christian diet guru, Gwen Lara -- Jennifer J. Martin, David L. Martin, Jessica Walters, Jonathan Walters, and Brandon Hannah, all of whom are locals and reported to be part of the same church.

JL is famous from his TV days, when he played the king of the jungle between 1996 and 2000 ... starring as Tarzan for a total of 22 episodes, including a TV movie that came out years prior called 'Tarzan in Manhattan' -- which catapulted him into the role.

He'd been in other action/fantasy projects over the years -- including 'Steel Frontier,' 'Sunset Heat,' 'Gunsmoke: The Last Apache,' 'American Cyborg: Steel Warrior' 'The Magnificent Seven,' 'Baywatch' and 'Tropical Heat,' among several others. Lara had 28 acting credits to his name.

Lara married Gwen Shamblin in 2018 -- who's famous for founding the Remnant Fellowship Church as well as the Weigh Down Workshop ... a weight-loss program that was big in the '80s and '90s among church-goers and others.

Gwen and Joe leave behind two children. He was 58 and she was 66.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/30/tarzan-star-joe-lara-dead-dies-plane-crash-lake-tennessee/?fbclid=IwAR1J71wKPtA1CnZEsdR4rpbhYlvYb89uBeso4UDHEHqJtdIvRwCL0fQNfyc

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2021, 02:04:23 PM »
Singer B.J. (it's his initials, Straw and Prime so don't get sexcited) Thomas has passed away at 78.  :'(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »
'Tarzan' Star Joe Lara Dead at 58 After Plane Crash in Tennessee

Joe Lara -- the star of "Tarzan: The Epic Adventures" -- has died after a small plane he, his wife and a few others were on crashed into a lake this weekend.

The private jet -- said to be a Cessna 501 -- took off Saturday from Smyrna Airport, just outside of Nashville, and was reportedly headed toward Palm Beach, FL ... but somehow plunged into Percy Priest Lake not too long after takeoff.

Fire and other rescue crews were dispatched to the scene -- but, after an all-night operation -- authorities say the passengers were found to be deceased ... and their families were notified. An investigation is underway to determine what might've caused the crash.

Lara was one of seven people who were killed. The others are his spouse -- Christian diet guru, Gwen Lara -- Jennifer J. Martin, David L. Martin, Jessica Walters, Jonathan Walters, and Brandon Hannah, all of whom are locals and reported to be part of the same church.

JL is famous from his TV days, when he played the king of the jungle between 1996 and 2000 ... starring as Tarzan for a total of 22 episodes, including a TV movie that came out years prior called 'Tarzan in Manhattan' -- which catapulted him into the role.

He'd been in other action/fantasy projects over the years -- including 'Steel Frontier,' 'Sunset Heat,' 'Gunsmoke: The Last Apache,' 'American Cyborg: Steel Warrior' 'The Magnificent Seven,' 'Baywatch' and 'Tropical Heat,' among several others. Lara had 28 acting credits to his name.

Lara married Gwen Shamblin in 2018 -- who's famous for founding the Remnant Fellowship Church as well as the Weigh Down Workshop ... a weight-loss program that was big in the '80s and '90s among church-goers and others.

Gwen and Joe leave behind two children. He was 58 and she was 66.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/30/tarzan-star-joe-lara-dead-dies-plane-crash-lake-tennessee/?fbclid=IwAR1J71wKPtA1CnZEsdR4rpbhYlvYb89uBeso4UDHEHqJtdIvRwCL0fQNfyc

Very sad. They leave behind not only children but grandchildren.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31532507/former-utah-jazz-center-mark-eaton-dies-bicycle-crash-age-64

Former Utah Jazz center Mark Eaton dies after bicycle crash at age 64

Mark Eaton, the 7-foot-4 shot-blocking king who twice was the NBA Defensive Player of the Year during his career with the Utah Jazz, has died, the team said Saturday. He was 64.

The Jazz said that police said Eaton was found lying in the road around 8:30 p.m. Friday after apparently crashing his bike in Summit County, Utah. According to the team, the Summit County Sheriff's Office said that Eaton was taken to a hospital, where he later died, and that there was no reason to believe a vehicle was involved in the accident.

"The Utah Jazz are profoundly saddened at the unexpected passing of Mark Eaton, who was an enduring figure in our franchise history and had a significant impact in the community after his basketball career," the team said in a statement.

"... His presence continued around the organization as a friend and ambassador while giving back as a businessman and volunteer to his adopted hometown in Utah. We extend our deepest condolences to his wife Teri and their extended family. Mark will be greatly missed by all of us with the Jazz."

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: May 31, 2021, 04:04:30 AM »
Must have been a really big bicycle.  I remember him with his big red mop of hair.  RIP

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #294 on: May 31, 2021, 08:35:51 PM »
Paul Robert Soles (August 11, 1930 – May 26, 2021)

Soles was an actor and television personality. He led the voice cast in such series as The Marvel Super Heroes (1966), voiced the title character in Spider-Man (1967), and portrayed Hermey in the 1964 television special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer; Soles was one of the last surviving participants of the special's voice cast. Soles first screen appearance was on CFPL (Canada's second privately owned television station) in 1953, and he continued to perform over 60 years later, performing as of 2016 in the comedy web series My 90-Year-Old Roommate on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's online comedy channel, CBC Comedy. He was the host of the short-lived CBC Television late-night comedy talk show Canada After Dark, and co-hosted the public affairs show Take 30 for 18 seasons with hosts such as Anna Cameron and Adrienne Clarkson.

Soles and his wife Jean Allan had one son, Jonathan David Soles. Soles is cousin of Bernard "Bunny" Cowan, and they both worked on the original 1960s Spider-Man animated series and the 1967 children's series Max, the 2000-Year-Old Mouse. Soles died in Toronto on May 26, 2021, age 90.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
Must have been a really big bicycle.  I remember him with his big red mop of hair.  RIP

Bigger than Bill Walton's bike.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2021, 04:14:48 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31532507/former-utah-jazz-center-mark-eaton-dies-bicycle-crash-age-64

Former Utah Jazz center Mark Eaton dies after bicycle crash at age 64

Mark Eaton, the 7-foot-4 shot-blocking king who twice was the NBA Defensive Player of the Year during his career with the Utah Jazz, has died, the team said Saturday. He was 64.

The Jazz said that police said Eaton was found lying in the road around 8:30 p.m. Friday after apparently crashing his bike in Summit County, Utah. According to the team, the Summit County Sheriff's Office said that Eaton was taken to a hospital, where he later died, and that there was no reason to believe a vehicle was involved in the accident.

"The Utah Jazz are profoundly saddened at the unexpected passing of Mark Eaton, who was an enduring figure in our franchise history and had a significant impact in the community after his basketball career," the team said in a statement.

"... His presence continued around the organization as a friend and ambassador while giving back as a businessman and volunteer to his adopted hometown in Utah. We extend our deepest condolences to his wife Teri and their extended family. Mark will be greatly missed by all of us with the Jazz."
Just a month or so ago 7 ft. 6 in tall Former NBA center Shawn Bradley had a wreck on a bicycle and is now paralyzed. Those big guys need to stay off them bikes.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2021, 10:12:36 AM »
Just a month or so ago 7 ft. 6 in tall Former NBA center Shawn Bradley had a wreck on a bicycle and is now paralyzed. Those big guys need to stay off them bikes.
They sure do.  Those big oafs can barely walk on two feet.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2021, 05:46:54 PM »

An inattentive motorist struck Bradley from behind.  Having experienced the same, I'd say that some folks should never be allowed to drive.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: June 02, 2021, 08:36:55 AM »
An inattentive motorist struck Bradley from behind.  Having experienced the same, I'd say that some folks should never be allowed to drive.
True, but you have no control over what other drivers do.  This is why motorcycle riding is so dangerous and it doesn't matter if you were in the right of way if you are hit.  "It's not who is right, it's who is left."