Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327341 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Softball
« Reply #525 on: July 04, 2015, 03:08:58 AM »
Toronto let me down.
It's a disappointing town.  ;D

/talk to a leaf fan.....

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #526 on: July 10, 2015, 05:06:19 AM »
Somehow we are 6-2, not sure if the league isn't that good this year because we are just an ok team.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #527 on: July 13, 2015, 06:59:12 AM »
4-5 with a triple and three walks.  Not horrible for not swinging a bat for more than five minutes.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #528 on: July 13, 2015, 10:50:08 AM »
Well I'm headed back to Friday nights next year. Tuesday we had a double header. first game was a against a decent team that was 5-3. second game was against a winless team....we had 16 guys show up so a few of the better players said to the coach play us in the first game and we have no problem sitting out the second.
what does he do? he bats fucking 16 in both games.......I played 2 games and got up 4 times!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2015, 06:42:34 AM »
Well I'm headed back to Friday nights next year. Tuesday we had a double header. first game was a against a decent team that was 5-3. second game was against a winless team....we had 16 guys show up so a few of the better players said to the coach play us in the first game and we have no problem sitting out the second.
what does he do? he bats fucking 16 in both games.......I played 2 games and got up 4 times!!

That. Fucking. Sucks.

But also dumb to have a roster that size.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #530 on: July 17, 2015, 12:24:30 PM »
That. Fucking. Sucks.

But also dumb to have a roster that size.

Last year we had games where we scrambled to have enough players, this year everybody shows up :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2015, 06:33:50 PM »

Last year we had games where we scrambled to have enough players, this year everybody shows up :-\
Ha! 'Struth! Never fails.  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #532 on: July 20, 2015, 08:05:33 AM »
Nice, only 11 showed up last night and I got up 3 times!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #533 on: July 22, 2015, 12:29:29 PM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2015, 10:34:58 AM »
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2015, 10:36:09 AM »
4-6, 3 doubles, 3 walks, would have been four doubles but had a slow guy on first.

3 walks in softball.....I batted lead off and thought it was my job to get on base......think I scored on all three....so..Ok.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #536 on: July 27, 2015, 01:25:12 PM »
4-6, 3 doubles, 3 walks, would have been four doubles but had a slow guy on first.

3 walks in softball.....I batted lead off and thought it was my job to get on base......think I scored on all three....so..Ok.
Sounds fine. Smart. Certainly more competitive. I see a first pitch that looks half-decent, and I'm-a swinging. Don't do that in tourneys, tho.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #537 on: July 27, 2015, 05:12:57 PM »
Sounds fine. Smart. Certainly more competitive. I see a first pitch that looks half-decent, and I'm-a swinging. Don't do that in tourneys, tho.

No fast pitch this year, so this is arc with a 20 foot ceiling.  If the balls are missing high/deep, I can't do much with it anyway, so it's better to let it go.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #538 on: July 30, 2015, 06:35:10 AM »
Tough year for me so far. team is winning ether 9-2 or 10-2 {I still think the league stinks and the teams are not that good this year} but I cant hit for shit ever since my surgeries the beginning of last summer ....three things happen every at bat for me, a clean single up the middle, lazy fly ball, or a pop up  that drops behind the infield and before the outfield.

...sucks because I've always been a strong line drive hitter with power to the gaps and I'd hit some home runs by accident.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #539 on: July 30, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »
Tough year for me so far. team is winning ether 9-2 or 10-2 {I still think the league stinks and the teams are not that good this year} but I cant hit for shit ever since my surgeries the beginning of last summer ....three things happen every at bat for me, a clean single up the middle, lazy fly ball, or a pop up  that drops behind the infield and before the outfield.

...sucks because I've always been a strong line drive hitter with power to the gaps and I'd hit some home runs by accident.

Try widening stance and not stepping, just rotate back foot/hip.

If you simplify the swing in arc softball, it's really pretty easy to place the ball.  Just forget about the bomb and don't dip.  Once the injuries heal, start ripping again.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »
Try widening stance and not stepping, just rotate back foot/hip.

If you simplify the swing in arc softball, it's really pretty easy to place the ball.  Just forget about the bomb and don't dip.  Once the injuries heal, start ripping again.

Injury's are healed, just cant hit :-[

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #541 on: July 30, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »

Injury's are healed, just cant hit :-[

Can't spell either.

Two things to do when you're struggling in arc - what I mentioned above, and two, crowd the plate and just try to pull the ball through the first/third baseman.  Gets you in the right mindset and swing path.  Then you can get cute once the pull swing is right.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #542 on: August 03, 2015, 04:50:26 AM »
4-4 all singles but three were ropes up the middle so hopefully I'm getting my swing back.
won 17-2 and ended the first half 12-2

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #543 on: August 03, 2015, 08:51:01 AM »
8-8, 4 doubles, 1 HR.   Love the days when it clicks.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #544 on: August 03, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »
We have 4 games left before the cities against the top 4 teams on the night we play.....should be a fun ride to the cities :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2015, 07:56:02 AM »
Passed on last night's game. We suck, so no big loss. Travel, then back to town for season's-end tourney. Should be nice and slow, and (more) out of shape by then. I'm seeing me sluggish and caught off-base. Oh, brother.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #546 on: August 26, 2015, 05:15:39 AM »
I stink this year....cant hit my way out of a wet paper bag.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2015, 07:28:56 AM »
Got back from vacation a day early due to weather, so I got to play in the finals.

Lost first game 14-1 (I bat leadoff, scored in first inning...that was it....fucking pathetic)

Won second on a walk off sac fly.

Lost third 13-6......they got 6 runs on a few defensive miscues.....sucks.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #548 on: September 12, 2015, 04:57:09 AM »
Lost our first round of the cities last night 21-19.
3-3 with a walk, all hard singles up the middle.
I played right and at this time of year the sun was setting right behind the backstop in the right side of view.
worst conditions I've ever played in. couldn't see a damn thing!
ground balls I'm looking in the air, fly balls I'm looking on the ground.
routine fly balls were dropping. our second baseman missed an easy double play because when the third baseman threw it to him he couldn't see it so the ball went into the outfield.
they won because they had hitters that could go to right and we didn't.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #549 on: September 12, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »
Season over. Played well-enough. Only two dingers all season. Guess my power is gone. Oh, well. My OBP was really good, but still...

Only won one game in season-ending tourney, and we really played like we could, but the other games were waaaay under-performing ones. Last one was embarrassing. I remember thinking 'what else can go wrong?' only to look up and say 'oh, that; didn't see that one coming.' Good after party and BBQ.