Author Topic: Band Work  (Read 1541 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Band Work
« on: December 24, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »
Just started with the bands and I have to say they are incredible. I got the whole set from EFS. The variety they provide and how they make your muscles feel is so valuable to me, especially during an at home workout where I have only a power rack and bench (and fuccked up stones and such).

I know there are a ton of vids on youtube where Elite shows how to use them but I am interested in new ways to do so.

I have thought up a couple for strongman implements, for instance:

-Place a plate as an anchor under your farmers and attatch whatever band to both. This would certainly help your initial lift and grip strength at the top due to the increasing tension.

-Use the band as you would in a Band GM and practice the stones! You wont be able to walk but you can still get to the full upright position. You could also do this with the tire flip, just lift and set it back down. Try lifting and setting the tire down as an exercise regardless of band use, good stuff!

-Throw some bands on the body of your Log and practice your push press. The bands pulling back on the Log dont allow for any slow lifts. If you dont lock out immediately, you are brining it back down! The same as bench really but I tried overhead with bands and let me tell you it is a whole different ball game.

These are just a few of the ideas I've been playing around with, got any more? There are obviously reverse applications for all of these as well.

What are your favorite Band Exercises? Ones you made up? Most effective?

8)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Band Work
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »
Without a doubt, the hangbar benchpress/reverse band benchpress and the hangbar deadlift.

Awesome stuff.

Have to say, when it comes to squat, I've come to prefer the chains though. Raw squat with chains, and without a belt is awesome for off-contest muscularity training.
As empty as paradise

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 03:30:14 PM »
dude you know how much I love my bands.. using the minis and monster minis for jm presses, press downs, dumbell shoulder presses, etc is AWESOME! I LOVE them so much more than chains... not only do you get almost twice the lb'age in some cases but they're also convenient to use ANYWHERE where chains arent, you don't need special attachments to use them, AND the variety of uses compared to chains is significant. not to mention the fuckers are PORTABLE!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »
I havent done much chain work but unless you are in a gym that will keep them in-house then they are a pain to haul around.

I would like to be able to mix it up with some chains every now and again, but I think the bands will take me pretty far for now.

Did some front squats with bands yesterday and used more weight than I ever have before. PR!!!

Does anyone know the exact weight values for the bands? I have read a couple different poundages for them. I will test mine with DB's when I get time.