Author Topic: Decline movements..........  (Read 14545 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Decline movements..........
« on: December 21, 2015, 09:21:03 PM »
Should one do Decline movements for chest while having GYNO ? Since its the lower pecs that are affected by the Gyno, cant decline worsen it ?? I have Gyno and did only FLAT and INCLINE today.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Decline movements..........
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 11:26:31 PM »
I doubt it matters that much, decline does a great job at working the whole chest not just the bottom. Incline should be you bread and butter to make you gyno appear better.

While on topic of decline, I like to use Hammer strength but am limited to 3 plates a side because I refuse to wear that stupid seat belt.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 04:08:33 AM »
Should one do Decline movements for chest while having GYNO ? Since its the lower pecs that are affected by the Gyno, cant decline worsen it ?? I have Gyno and did only FLAT and INCLINE today.

I don't think decline benches "build lower pecs".....so you're fine.
Y

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
I think I am going to stick with Just FLAT and INCLINE for a while..............

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 02:43:27 AM »
I doubt it matters that much, decline does a great job at working the whole chest not just the bottom. Incline should be you bread and butter to make you gyno appear better.

While on topic of decline, I like to use Hammer strength but am limited to 3 plates a side because I refuse to wear that stupid seat belt.  ;D
yes... Decline is great, I would just do Decline and Incline and leave out flat for a while and see how the results are.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 05:38:12 AM »
yes... Decline is great, I would just do Decline and Incline and leave out flat for a while and see how the results are.
i liked decline flyes for a while you did them and they were fine but then i decided to start decline pressing again with dec bench and i always felt they were no good on delts but i did them and they were ok,but i started to get pain one day and phased them out and now sitting with a l/s shoulder issue months later i regret doing them ,they def started the issue ,,i felt better with db's on them,,live and learn,,right now my pressing movements are in the toilet literally...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »
Gynecomastia  (bitch tit- gym slang) is something that usually requires surgery,  though if starting early enough it could be treated with drugs. Fairly common among older men and young boys before reaching puberty. Different degrees, small around the male nipple to looking like a young girls breast. If over weight, than losing weight (body fat) might improve the overall appearance, but not going to get rid of it..

Doing flat, inclines or declines are not going to worsen it or improve the condition it's...it's just what it is. Some Pro BB'ers have very obvious bitch tits, even in top condition. That's from the abusing of combo's of different drugs for years and throwing their male hormone (and other natural body chemicals)  balance way off.

You might be one of the lucky ones who gets good results in that upper pec area naturally, most guys don't. Incline, flat and declines, by themselves, pretty much hit the whole of the chest area, but each can allow a better focus on certain parts of the chest.

Dip's, which can be a much better movement for the lower pec area, because you are pushing down and along side the body, are excellent for lower portions of the pecs. So might suggest avoiding dips and declines presses for a while if worried about bitch tit. With either exercise, not adding bulk/muscle to the lower pecs can be an excellent idea. Just make that bitch tit  much more of a notice.

Pec deck fly's are also good for the upper to mid portions of the chest. Would suggest a pec deck where the elbows are resting on pads, rather then the pec decks where the arms are extended way out and gripped with the hand. Much improved leverage on the pecs, with the elbows leading the exercise.

Good Luck.
F

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 04:45:44 PM »
Feel declines in my shoulders too much, I don't bother with them too often.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 04:56:10 PM »
I'm not a fan of declines at all... Rom is too short.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 11:16:17 AM »
Every so often try the incline and declines route after reading the shit that they are superior but chest always looks smaller and weaker in a few weeks, for me flat bench us the best chest excercise there is

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 03:26:53 AM »
With declines I find all the fixed benches are too steep.... A 20kg disk under one end of the bench is just about right for me, with inclines a little steeper is ok , after a point it causes shoulder pain

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 08:29:10 AM »
With declines I find all the fixed benches are too steep.... A 20kg disk under one end of the bench is just about right for me, with inclines a little steeper is ok , after a point it causes shoulder pain
A good Tip on the Declines.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 07:16:22 PM »
I never do any declines I always figured it was inferior so I stay flat and mostly Incline angled movements. I have spent time doing weignited dips being the only acception. Once read that Arnold never did declines and that stuck with me so I never thought to include them much, mayb time to give them a spot n the regime.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 02:39:14 AM »
I never do any declines I always figured it was inferior so I stay flat and mostly Incline angled movements. I have spent time doing weignited dips being the only acception. Once read that Arnold never did declines and that stuck with me so I never thought to include them much, mayb time to give them a spot n the regime.

Good point. I forgot that Dips are THE decline movement.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »
Dips are very close to much lower angle decline presses, with more focus on the low section of the pec's, as declines do.. .

If dipping with a "V" bar (for example) your going to experience a whole different feel and stretch to the chest and shoulder. Even influencing the triceps that much more than regular decline/flat/inclines can offer. From extra wide hand spacing to the arms tight next to the body, even have the knuckles facing straight ahead or with the knuckles facing inward. Each of these two positions (knuckles straight ahead/turned inward) should be approached with caution, not for everyone.

Don't have to hit rock bottom with dips and the stretching involved. Getting to around 3/4th down on a stretch should be deep enough for most. Witnessed quite a few gymnast show some exceptional dipping strength and upper body development. They tend to go for the ultimate stretch, though not advised for the average BB'er...really not needed. But that's an individual choice, of course.

Good Luck.
F

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 09:47:34 AM »
declines work the chest more than both inclines and flat. do them .

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
I'm not a fan of declines at all... Rom is too short.

Raise your elbows a bit and work with dumbbells or a dip rack only.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 05:58:14 PM »
Raise your elbows a bit and work with dumbbells or a dip rack only.

I dip a lot... Muscle ups too.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »

I dip a lot... Muscle ups too.

Dips are great, too bad that they fuck up my rotator cuff area when I go deep

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 04:28:37 AM »
Dips are great, too bad that they fuck up my rotator cuff area when I go deep

I hear that... I had shoulder issues for years... They eventually went away but I do a lot of stretching and warming up... I also stretch between sets.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 05:48:48 AM »
I hear that... I had shoulder issues for years... They eventually went away but I do a lot of stretching and warming up... I also stretch between sets.

I always do a couple of typical RC movements before I train chest, delts or back, but I might incorporate some stretching. I say 'some' since too much stretching PWO can have negative impact on your strength.
There was a recent study however, that concluded that stretching the antagonist of the trained muscle leads to more strength.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 09:53:26 PM »
Declines are hands down the best pectoralis major exercise one could do.  Only idiots or the uneducated still buy into the belief that bench is mid-chest, decline-lower, incline-upper.  Genetics dictates all that.  If you want to work the pectoralis major, do declines.  If you want to work pec minor, do dips and incline.  An incline angle of 15-20 degrees is plenty. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 06:13:36 AM »
Declines are hands down the best pectoralis major exercise one could do.  Only idiots or the uneducated still buy into the belief that bench is mid-chest, decline-lower, incline-upper.  Genetics dictates all that.  If you want to work the pectoralis major, do declines.  If you want to work pec minor, do dips and incline.  An incline angle of 15-20 degrees is plenty. 
:D...YES AFTER LEARNING THE ROPES INITIALLY ALL THE SAME...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 09:52:51 AM »
So turns out food choices don't matter, exercises done don't matter, timing of food don't matter either.

Got it!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
?

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 10:29:24 AM »
So turns out food choices don't matter, exercises done don't matter, timing of food don't matter either.

Got it!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Certainly, they matter.  In this case, the decline just happens to be the best pec. major exercise.  That isn't negotiable or up for debate. That is science.  You don't isolate certain fibers of a muscle.  If you create a contraction in that muscle, it creates a contraction in the whole muscle.  As stated above, inclines and dips are superior at pec. minor stimulation.