Author Topic: What man can defeat him?  (Read 6505 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
What man can defeat him?
« on: December 09, 2022, 04:22:27 PM »
I can't wait to see him perform at heavyweight. There's 3 fights I want to see him in. Stipe, Gane and Ngannou. As of now I haven't seen a more complete fighter with absurd fight IQ, limb length and general toughness and will to succeed in a fight.

My concerns with the extra weight are speed, quickness and cardio. The word is fight in March. The suggested opponent would be Curtis Blaydes or Ngannou. Not a fan of him fighting Ngannou first as a heavyweight but if he feels he's ready, who am I to say anything? I'm excited to see him fight.

Street fight Prime Tyson or Jones. I'm going Jones. Too many weapons and too smart.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: What man can defeat him?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 04:23:07 PM »
he hasnt stepped in the cage with Hankins

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 04:29:15 PM »
Probably BHANKS.
X

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 04:40:31 PM »
I can't wait to see him perform at heavyweight. There's 3 fights I want to see him in. Stipe, Gane and Ngannou. As of now I haven't seen a more complete fighter with absurd fight IQ, limb length and general toughness and will to succeed in a fight.

My concerns with the extra weight are speed, quickness and cardio. The word is fight in March. The suggested opponent would be Curtis Blaydes or Ngannou. Not a fan of him fighting Ngannou first as a heavyweight but if he feels he's ready, who am I to say anything? I'm excited to see him fight.

Street fight Prime Tyson or Jones. I'm going Jones. Too many weapons and too smart.

Jon Jones is the reason I got into watching MMA.  He was amazing.  Head and shoulders above everyone else.  At one time.  Coming up on 3 years out of the cage.  Let's face it, there are many people who feel he lost his last two fights against Dom Reyes and Thiago Alves.  I too am exited to see him fight but like a lot of other vets, the games rapid evolution has possibly caught up to him.  I wouldn't dare put him in with Gane unless Gane becomes undisputed champion.  Risk not worth the reward.  I'd go straight to Ngannou for all the marbles.  If he beats Francis, I'd try to do the Stipe fight then Gane.  I don't think Stipe will ever fight again.  He too is coming up on 2 years of inactivity.  Dana has to do something about these heavyweights. 

I agree with you in a Jones v Tyson street fight.  I'll take Jones too. 

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 04:44:56 PM »
In a street fight, prime Tyson would break Jon’s face.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 04:47:23 PM »
they handicap fighters not allowing 12 to 6 elbow is a huge deal when facing wrestlers
A

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 05:03:11 PM »
they handicap fighters not allowing 12 to 6 elbow is a huge deal when facing wrestlers

Tyson would land heavy shots standing up. Jones would never have a chance to throw those elbows.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 05:10:04 PM »
Tyson with 4 ounce MMA gloves or bare knuckles?

Bhankenstein would ragdoll both.
In their prime.
On a soft surface.
With a shoulder lock
And not quit on his stool.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 05:26:14 PM »
Jon Jones toughest foe is Jon Jones

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 05:54:00 PM »
In a street fight, prime Tyson would break Jon’s face.

Dollars to doughnuts, if you asked Mike Tyson that very question, he'd tell you Jon Jones would win.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 06:06:40 PM »

He's a beast fighting guys much smaller and lighter than him, let's see what happens now that he's older and stepping in with the big fellas.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 06:27:40 PM »
At heavyweight he loses the massive size, reach, and power advantage he has always enjoyed. It won't be smooth.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 06:36:55 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again....There's not a single man alive in combat sports that would defeat Jones on Cocaine.

If Jon Jones does a few lines of Cocaine before stepping into any ring, no one beats him. No one comes close to beating him. I don't care the fighter or even style. The guy is a gift. He is dangerous everywhere. I love boxing and believe firmly that boxing is the best form of combat to know in order to protect yourself, but Jones has too many skills and would annihilate a boxer by introducing them to kryptonite via wrestling and ground game. Jones would elbow the fuck out of a boxer, muay thai fighter or kickboxer while on the ground. The fight would end.

Now, Jones without Cocaine can certainly be beaten, but it would take a lot.

In MMA, I think he's the best fighter of all time. When he gets to heavyweight, I think he will be fine. The X factor is whether some of those heavy punchers can land flush on Jones' chin. If they do, it could be lights out, but that's a big "if". Jones has fought heavy punchers before and knows how to evade extremely well. His stamina is ridiculous, his fight IQ is ridiculous, his abilities on the ground and in standup are ridiculous. He controls the distance incredibly well, cuts angles, knows how to use his jab, elbows, knees, kicks and can deliver devastating blows and submissions in the clinch, while having the capacity to take anyone to the ground and control fully. The biggest issues I see for Jones at heavyweight aren't his size, power, stamina or speed. I think I will keep an eye on the effects of age on him, as we all get defeated by father time. Separate from that, I wonder how well he would be able to take head strikes from these heavyweights. Granted, the only striker in heavyweight that I see posing a threat to truly connect on Jones is Ciryl Gane, but even then, Jones is no Derrick Lewis.

A prime Tyson was an animal and an absolute criminal that would have essentially bitten another's man's testicles to win a fight. Prime Tyson would get smoked in a ring by a prime Lenox Lewis every damn day of the week (Prime Lenox Lewis beats the fuck out of everyone in boxing, regardless of era in my humble opinion). Prime Tyson would also get outboxed by prime Holyfield. On the street, prime Tyson would probably kill both of them. Prime Tyson fighting prime Jones on the street, hard to tell who would win, but I'd lean on Jones. Tyson has NO ground game and Jones is a strong wrestler and is also prone to criminality. Jones would easily kill a man if he knew he could get away with it.

If Jones fights Ngannou in March, I'll definitely watch that fight!

"1"

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 06:46:43 PM »
Needs more Turinabol , delts not capped enough...

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 06:47:50 PM »
Will become the 5th UFC fighter and 4th champion to snap his leg in two.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 07:03:30 PM »

lol

This is some truth.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 07:15:15 PM »
Jon Jones would single leg Tyson and pound his skull in

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2022, 01:45:51 AM »
That and cocaine.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2022, 03:35:30 AM »
all gut and chicken legs. if ufc fighters knew how to fight, they;d attack his midsection for 5 minutes straight there goes his first round and chicken legs.   try a round house kick with noodle legs.  anyway...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2022, 04:25:03 AM »
Dollars to doughnuts, if you asked Mike Tyson that very question, he'd tell you Jon Jones would win.

Maybe the 2022 Tyson

But Not the 1986/1987 Tyson

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2022, 04:49:54 AM »
He sucks at lifting.  Weak-ass pull ups, incredibly sloppy hammer curls, and a bunch of namby-pamby lightweight stuff.  He's physically weak at 260.

Also, he arguably lost against Reyes.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2022, 05:21:31 AM »
I think nganu will take jones head off his fucking shoulders jones was very unimpressive his past two fights and has not fought in nearly 3 years

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2022, 05:34:44 AM »
I guess USADA's too scared to test him. Afraid they'll get beat up like he beat up his wife.  ???

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2022, 06:02:22 AM »
Jon jones is also a human scumbag who beats women

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2022, 06:09:43 AM »
Fuck all you Tyson doubters. Tyson would rip him a new asshole.