Author Topic: Espn has become a sideshow/joke  (Read 2403 times)

body88

Espn has become a sideshow/joke
« on: March 29, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »
Most there info is old news, and late to be reported. They never get contract numbers correct, and obviously are in the business of drumming up controversy. Not many, if any of the "experts" watch film. Half do not know shit about the players or teams they are reporting. Some of the MLB guys are good, but most the NFL guys are horrid.

No specific reason for writing this, jus think "the world wide leader in sports" should put some effort into watching film and actually knowing that they are giving opinions on.The same can be said for half the guys on the NFL Chanel. Marshal Faulk is the worst. Totally ignorant on pretty much everything he says. Getting a bunch of former players who do not follow half teams and players they are commenting on does not work.

While shows like pti are entertaining, it is obvious both Wilbon and Tony K have no idea what they are talking about.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Espn has become a sideshow/joke
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:28:08 PM »
Actually body88, I think that NFL Access does a pretty good job covering the teams and are pretty accurate. I prefer the NFL Network over ESPN for football news.

body88

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:45:05 PM »
Actually body88, I think that NFL Access does a pretty good job covering the teams and are pretty accurate. I prefer the NFL Network over ESPN for football news.

I don't mind the coverage. It is the actual analysis that annoys me. Listening to guys like Faulk break down a teams needs made me laugh.  He was a great player, but it is obvious he did not follow the teams he was talking about. You are correct tho, the nfl network is better then espn. I mostly was bitching about them. Maybe I jus hate certain guys I see over and over on the nfl network (Faulk).Guys like Mayock are well informed and interesting.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »
I agree all those clowns said the dolphins overpaying joey porter was a good move :)

E
E

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 05:59:48 PM »
The thing that shits me to death with ESPN is the ridiculous meaningless statistics that they come up with, particularly on Sports Center. For example, Lebron will score 24 points against the Knicks and they will come up with some stat like "This is the first time in 16 years that a player has scored 24 points against the Knicks, the day after recording a triple double against a western conference opponent that had a winning percentage of less than .500 but only when that team was playing away from home and on a winning streak of more than 5 games". I'm not joking, that is the sought of crap they come up with. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still pretty bad.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

body88

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 06:37:36 PM »
The thing that shits me to death with ESPN is the ridiculous meaningless statistics that they come up with, particularly on Sports Center. For example, Lebron will score 24 points against the Knicks and they will come up with some stat like "This is the first time in 16 years that a player has scored 24 points against the Knicks, the day after recording a triple double against a western conference opponent that had a winning percentage of less than .500 but only when that team was playing away from home and on a winning streak of more than 5 games". I'm not joking, that is the sought of crap they come up with. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still pretty bad.

SERGIO!!!!

So true....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
Yeah and the all have their favs. I like NFL network..also NFL radio on sirius is the best..is kinda weird but they're all Pats lovers...its about time somebody slobed our pickle. All u get on ESPN is John Clayton fawing over Manning..maybe he can shut up this year..ugly has his ring.
L

thisiskeith12

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »
John Clayton and Chris Mortensen are so fake it's unbelievable. And 50% of their "breaking news" gets proven false.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 01:17:33 AM »
Most there info is old news, and late to be reported. They never get contract numbers correct, and obviously are in the business of drumming up controversy. Not many, if any of the "experts" watch film. Half do not know shit about the players or teams they are reporting. Some of the MLB guys are good, but most the NFL guys are horrid.

No specific reason for writing this, jus think "the world wide leader in sports" should put some effort into watching film and actually knowing that they are giving opinions on.The same can be said for half the guys on the NFL Chanel. Marshal Faulk is the worst. Totally ignorant on pretty much everything he says. Getting a bunch of former players who do not follow half teams and players they are commenting on does not work.

While shows like pti are entertaining, it is obvious both Wilbon and Tony K have no idea what they are talking about.

Shit.

I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore.

It really bothers/annoys me that their sport analysts are trying too hard to be "entertainers". Just gimme the fucking score, asshole.  >:(
HAHA, RON.....

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 06:20:17 AM »

So true it's not even funny..... wait yeah it is ;D I love to hear them talk crap about things they know nothing about, most recently I heard them talking about steroids and they were completly clueless.
I

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 06:58:55 AM »
I thought Harold Reynolds did a brilliant job covering MLB, then they fired him!   >:(

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 07:11:21 AM »
I thought Harold Reynolds did a brilliant job covering MLB, then they fired him!   >:(

Why did he sound like the 'special' kid that always hung around the convenience store?

body88

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 08:37:07 AM »
John Clayton and Chris Mortensen are so fake it's unbelievable. And 50% of their "breaking news" gets proven false.

100 percent agree. Clayton thinks everyone is always in everyone's head.

body88

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 08:37:52 AM »

So true it's not even funny..... wait yeah it is ;D I love to hear them talk crap about things they know nothing about, most recently I heard them talking about steroids and they were completly clueless.

They do zero research. You would think they would at least look into the shit they are talking about.

body88

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »
Shit.

I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore.

It really bothers/annoys me that their sport analysts are trying too hard to be "entertainers". Just gimme the fucking score, asshole.  >:(

I know right.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 10:19:11 AM »
Their baseball "experts" are the worst, relying on popular generalizations and statements that can all usually be debunked with minor statistical analysis.

They are beyond stupid at times, especially Kruk, Stark and Phillips.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 10:24:21 AM »

he was harrassing the female employees

E
E

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »
I agree, espn kinda sucks. They're more about trying to be funny than actually reporting sports news. I don't even bother with sports center anymore, or pti and around the horn.

LOL! So true!

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 09:00:08 AM »
Their baseball "experts" are the worst, relying on popular generalizations and statements that can all usually be debunked with minor statistical analysis.

They are beyond stupid at times, especially Kruk, Stark and Phillips.

Not Peter Gammons.  Even though he comes across pompous, he knows his shit.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 09:08:50 AM »
In our area we have Comcast Sportsnet...it's a takeoff of ESPN but for local philadelphia sports. They do cover national topics pretty good though. They have a real good show called Pro Football Weekly with Brian Baldinger.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »
FOX Sports is even worse.
The House that Ruth built

body88

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 01:09:42 PM »
FOX Sports is even worse.

I forgot about them. They are def the worst.