Getbig Female Info Boards > Womens Physique, Bodybuilding, Wellness and Training

GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING

<< < (2/101) > >>

ripitupbaby:

--- Quote from: STella on June 25, 2007, 04:39:28 PM ---Thank you for this thread Rip  :)

Do you have an opinion on using the stairmaster backward?

--- End quote ---

DANGEROUS.... :D

Actually, it may work the glutes well....I was going to suggest an exercise that involves walking backwards up a set of stairs in a squat position, so I imagine that using the stairclimber is equally as beneficial.  However, you're gonna have to slow it down quite a bit so that you don't wipe out, in which case you may not get as much of a benefit from the calorie burning perspective.

Personally, I would keep using the stairclimber forwards for maximum calorie burn, and incorporate some backwards squats up stairs as a modified squatting exercise or an additional exercise if you are so inclined.

:)

ripitupbaby:
RE. the inner/outer thighs (adductors and abductors)....I would not spend time in the gym doing those thigh-master machines, as they focus only on these muscles, and these are very small muscles in the lower body.  There are more efficient ways to hit these muscles while training your lower body.

You should be able to hit your inner and outer thighs adequately using the compound MUST-DO exercises like squats and walking lunges.  My inner thighs always get hit hard by these two exercises.

You can adjust your foot position on squats, leg presses, and leg extensions to focus more on these muscles as well. 

Angling your feet outward will hit more inner thigh, and angling your feet inward will hit more outer thigh. 

Maximize your workouts and minimize your time in the gym!     :)

Kolchak:

trab:
The majority of average Nat training Guys would be better off following your template than the crap they try to copy out of Flex or M&F.

ripitupbaby:

--- Quote from: trab on June 26, 2007, 07:16:25 PM ---The majority of average Nat training Guys would be better off following your template than the crap they try to copy out of Flex or M&F.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I like to keep my training pretty basic, no need to get all fancy-schmancy.   :)

One thing I did want to emphasize is the importance of STRETCHING when it comes to lower body training and development.

The glutes and hamstrings in particular will NOT grow if they are not flexible and well-stretched.   If you can't bend over and touch your toes - or better yet the floor - with your legs straight, then you cannot expect to grow your hammies.

I recommend stretching the hams and glutes for maximum flexibility as much as possible, when you are WARM.  Do not stretch cold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version