Getbig Misc Too Board > 2009 IFBB Contests Info & Threads

IFBB / NPC Border States - San Diego

<< < (3/4) > >>

lovemonkey:

--- Quote from: Ron on October 13, 2009, 09:44:23 AM ---Actually, I have great respect for all competitors who train hard, diet, and have a discipline to get on that stage.  You want girls that put out, go the the annual car shows - or to your local bar. You might get some luck there.  I am there to make sure I get the right pictures, interviews, and just become a better photographer.

--- End quote ---

May I ask what kind of gear you find useful at BB events?

Do you usually document more of the backstage stuff rather than the actual show?

Ron:

--- Quote from: lovemonkey on October 13, 2009, 02:08:46 PM ---May I ask what kind of gear you find useful at BB events? Do you usually document more of the backstage stuff rather than the actual show?

--- End quote ---

It depends on the contest.  For the Border States, I take stage shots of each competitor, usually 4-5 pics, and try to put out the best shots. I hate it when photographers just post every picture, because sometimes, they are not in the correct pose, or just not ready for it.  Anyone can take a bad shot of someone, the key is getting the right shots.

If I have time, I love doing various backstage shots because they are different, not posed - shows the stress, the nervousness, if someone is confident, paints a different story.  Some of my best pics that get in magazines are from backstage, or from an impromptu photo quick shoot, or from the expo that details people having fun. 

I like to take pictures, always been a fun thing for me to do, and I rarely dont take one kind of camera with me somewhere. You never know when you can get a great picture.

Steve Namat:
I won the light-heavyweight and the Overall at the Border States back in 2006. It was a great experience for me that was my first American trip. Jon Lindsay is a great promoter.

io856:

--- Quote from: Steve Namat on October 14, 2009, 10:58:52 AM ---I won the light-heavyweight and the Overall at the Border States back in 2006. It was a great experience for me that was my first American trip. Jon Lindsay is a great promoter.

--- End quote ---
although can't make an accurate assessment from one shot

it seems you made considerable improvement in balance since then

PocketMuscle:

--- Quote from: Steve Namat on October 14, 2009, 10:58:52 AM ---I won the light-heavyweight and the Overall at the Border States back in 2006. It was a great experience for me that was my first American trip. Jon Lindsay is a great promoter.

--- End quote ---

You with the sword - great picture!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version