Author Topic: Moving onto powerlifting  (Read 26028 times)

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
Moving onto powerlifting
« on: April 08, 2017, 09:08:03 PM »
Hey, what program would you more experienced lifters suggest for a guy that's been traing like
a bodybuilder for the last 20+ years, but now wants to get into powerlifting?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Moving onto powerlifting
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »
fewer repetitions and heavier weights...

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 07:33:27 AM »
5/3/1 by Wendler. Mark Bell's program also.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »
5/3/1 by Wendler. Mark Bell's program also.

Thanks, Ron. I wasn't aware Mark Bell has his own program. Last I heard he was following the cube method. But after running through many different methods, I'll be going with the Candito strength training method. But still I sometimes feel over my head as there seems so much technique to learn. I've been reading and watching as much of Chris Duffin's material as I can. The guy's a genius when it comes to stabilization and injury prevention a recovery.

Jona

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 09:14:05 PM »
Thanks, Ron. I wasn't aware Mark Bell has his own program. Last I heard he was following the cube method. But after running through many different methods, I'll be going with the Candito strength training method. But still I sometimes feel over my head as there seems so much technique to learn. I've been reading and watching as much of Chris Duffin's material as I can. The guy's a genius when it comes to stabilization and injury prevention a recovery.

Chris Duffin is the freaking man. Watch his stuff on deadlifts as well--his video on "wedging" for deadlifts made an incredible difference for me.