Author Topic: Ramis first workout after the Olympia  (Read 3720 times)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Ramis first workout after the Olympia
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2021, 01:52:31 PM »
So if 2 guys do it then everyone does it??

Don't try and get philosophical with me hanky.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2021, 01:57:06 PM »
Mr. Oilympia... Those mid delts LOL

He's on a downwards slope anyways. Lats are going away and his arms are getting smaller. Myabe he will shoot more oil to make up for it and it will look terrible

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2021, 02:25:19 PM »
Mr. Oilympia... Those mid delts LOL

He's on a downwards slope anyways. Lats are going away and his arms are getting smaller. Myabe he will shoot more oil to make up for it and it will look terrible

All of them have small arms in comparison to their torso and delts.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2021, 05:13:22 AM »
Take a look at this comparison. Quite shocking really. Although I've said before that Ramy may have been at his best at 2013-14

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2021, 06:08:12 AM »
Take a look at this comparison. Quite shocking really. Although I've said before that Ramy may have been at his best at 2013-14
They never win it when they look full and fresh, it’s until they “pay their dues”

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2021, 06:24:21 AM »
WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH INSTEAD OF GIVING BLOOD HE GIVES OIL TO JIFFY LUBEEEEEEEE

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2021, 10:29:10 AM »
They never win it when they look full and fresh, it’s until they “pay their dues”

Couldn’t have said it better.

Guy’s deteriorating, clearly.

Taking the amounts and variety of drugs these fellas do, the period in which they look their best is extremely limited. Relatively quickly the body begins to revolt and become increasingly damaged.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2021, 12:13:00 PM »

Remember when Cutler beat Ramy at the O, it wasn't even close, Ramy murdered Jay.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2021, 12:22:42 PM »
it's like political correctness.

they go with what they think is "accepted" at the current time and not what's objectively the best.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2021, 12:28:49 PM »
btw. do you know what the pockets in his outer sweep is? Is this an effect of making a habit pinning alot in that area?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2021, 12:47:19 PM »

Great example of a pro who got out before he ruined his physique.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »
^^^^^^^^^Great example of a pro who got out before he ruined his physique.^^^^^^^^^

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2021, 12:58:48 PM »
btw. do you know what the pockets in his outer sweep is? Is this an effect of making a habit pinning alot in that area?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't know. I can just very faintly see a feathering starting to that area to his left leg in the 2014 pic. I do think it probably has to do with injections. Now that I think of it, I have a tiny dead area on one of my quads after an inject, atrophy.

Another thing, Chad seems to be saying Ramy took 6 months "off" after last years Olympia. No training. Probably a good strategy considering much he's competed.

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2021, 01:37:20 PM »
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't know. I can just very faintly see a feathering starting to that area to his left leg in the 2014 pic. I do think it probably has to do with injections. Now that I think of it, I have a tiny dead area on one of my quads after an inject, atrophy.

Another thing, Chad seems to be saying Ramy took 6 months "off" after last years Olympia. No training. Probably a good strategy considering much he's competed.

In another thread I asked how you tore your pec but you didn't respond, could you please respond here? Did you tear it doing barbell bench? And was it on a max single or on the last rep of the set? Thanks.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2021, 01:51:55 PM »
In another thread I asked how you tore your pec but you didn't respond, could you please respond here? Did you tear it doing barbell bench? And was it on a max single or on the last rep of the set? Thanks.

First time I was in a powerlifting bench shirt. Had about 500lbs on. The shirt tore along with my pec. Partial, muscular tear. No surgery.

Second one was about 2 years later. I was doing wide grip incline presses on the smith machine to the neck. Felt really strong that day. Had 120kg (265lbs). I had planned to do about 12 reps but it tore on rep 4 or 5.

Now I know that flaring the elbows on flat or incline is dangerous. I knew it then too but figure that since it was a 12 rep set I would be fine.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2021, 01:52:28 PM »

Great example of a pro who got out before he ruined his physique.
HE LOOKED AWESOME,,ALWAYS TOP SHAPE,WOULD HAVE MAYBE BEEN A 212 MRO OR TOP CONTENDER.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2021, 01:57:05 PM »
HE LOOKED AWESOME,,ALWAYS TOP SHAPE,WOULD HAVE MAYBE BEEN A 212 MRO OR TOP CONTENDER.

He would be too “tall” for the 212 at 5’7 while most of the guys are 5’5 and shorter

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2021, 01:58:42 PM »
First time I was in a powerlifting bench shirt. Had about 500lbs on. The shirt tore along with my pec. Partial, muscular tear. No surgery.

Second one was about 2 years later. I was doing wide grip incline presses on the smith machine to the neck. Felt really strong that day. Had 120kg (265lbs). I had planned to do about 12 reps but it tore on rep 4 or 5.

Now I know that flaring the elbows on flat or incline is dangerous. I knew it then too but figure that since it was a 12 rep set I would be fine.

Thanks for the answer, you're a cool and good dude 8) I had a feeling that it sometimes happen in the middle of the set so now you've confirmed it. They were both or a bar, so do you think that dumbbells and hammers machines ar safer? And thanks for the tip about flaring the elbows.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2021, 02:15:57 PM »
He would be too “tall” for the 212 at 5’7 while most of the guys are 5’5 and shorter
your right i thought of that ,that sux...he was stuck in no mans land,,still great build..

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2021, 02:19:44 PM »
your right i thought of that ,that sux...he was stuck in no mans land,,still great build..

Looks like his arms are actually bigger than his delts which is very rare these days.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »
Chad seems to be saying Ramy took 6 months "off" after last year’s Olympia. No training.

Who loves lifting and takes half a year off?

Oh, yeah …

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2021, 02:29:50 PM »
Thanks for the answer, you're a cool and good dude 8) I had a feeling that it sometimes happen in the middle of the set so now you've confirmed it. They were both or a bar, so do you think that dumbbells and hammers machines ar safer? And thanks for the tip about flaring the elbows.

Yes I think dumbell can be safer provided you don't flare your elbows. Look at the third and fourth slide here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUu6I5Tgudb/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hammers are built in a way you can't flare your elbows, angled handles and so on. If you are very big and can't get into pressing position easily there might be small risk after having done the last rep and you get that extra stretch racking the weight. But never saw anyone tear something on it.

Wide grip incline benches with elbows flared is probably the most dangerous exercise. I'm sure you saw that guy in Dubai get hurt a while back.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »
Who loves lifting and takes half a year off?

Oh, yeah …

In his case it might be a good idea. Most likely Chad's idea. Ronnie did similar, I think he took 3-4 months totally off after his last wins. Maybe Ramy had some concerning bloodwork, he did want to go the hospital during prep for his first O, thought he was dying.

But now Chad says they have 14 months to make improvements.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2021, 02:52:04 PM »
Looks like his arms are actually bigger than his delts which is very rare these days.
he had great arms...

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2021, 03:13:50 PM »

Every time i've torn a muscle it was doing a relatively easy set.

I've never had a full tear, but ruptured fibers in my biceps, triceps, lats, teres and hamstrings many times.

Hamstring tears are extremely painful. Had a softball sized bruise and swelling for 6 weeks after some glute/ham raises.