Author Topic: Low carb?  (Read 856 times)

MACHINE

• Getbig II
  • My Lug Nutz need more Torque than your Import Has
Low carb?
« on: January 18, 2008, 05:33:34 AM »
Is this basic meal plan alright i am also taking multi vits and calcium. i am 330lbs and trying to get in better shape i am also doing 40mins of weight training and cardio every morning monday through friday. Any suggestions?

Meal 1 Eggs with some spices
Meal 2 protein shake
meal 3 Chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, ect  1/2 cup veggies
Meal 4 protein shake
Meal 5 chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, ect   1/2 cup veggies
Meal 6 protein shake

Thx
Machine

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Low carb?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 08:50:16 AM »
That's pretty much the basic low carb scheme. But you may want to keep the carb range in the 40 to 50 max grams a day. Zero carbs, which a lot of BB'ers use for short periods, may not be the best for body health. Can also increase the calories a bit, with maybe 2 to 4 strips of bacon with those eggs. Or even steak & eggs in the morning or any time for that matter. Try mixing cottage cheese, with water, in a blender and have that between meals. Filling, low in carbs and taste like butter milk. No need to be hungry when watching carbs as you would be with a low calorie diet.

Good that your taking a vitimin/mineral supplement. Might also consider  a flax seed and fish oil (Omega) supplement. Whey protein, with branched aminos, give a better useable product than just regular protein. If you fry some of your foods, than use a safflower or olive oil base. Consider salads with you meals, be creative in making one up. Just be aware that some of the salad dressings use sugar, which up's the carb count. Try olive oil if you like. Have omelettes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Chile peppers, cheese, onion, ham, bacon,etc. All low carb stuff. Good Luck.
F

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:53:31 AM »
Low carb is the best way to go, but if you are going to do it you should really go high fat.  That's not just low carb, that's solid protein. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 03:44:56 AM »
Add in more fibrous carbs (veggies).....very low in calories, and they do not impact blood sugar levels (no insulin spike).