Author Topic: Decline press- most underrated exercise  (Read 40545 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Decline press- most underrated exercise
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »
you will never increase your bench by strengthening your lats
LMAO this is all that needs to be said about your ignorance...

arent you in college for kines degree?

please please please dizzle dont infect others with your ignorance...

Im guessing you think you know more than everyone else here including wolfe a renowned bench presser?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2010, 05:22:58 AM »
hamstrings are involved in barbell rows. fact.

triceps are involved during dumbell flys. fact.

abs are involved during squats. fact.

rear delts are involved during masterbation. fact.

whats your point???    you will never increase your bench by strengthening your lats, and youll never grow lats from doing bench.

as i said once before, it is possible that lats could cause your bench to suffer if you never trained your lats and were powerlifting bench press for a few years. then, in that extreme case, they become a proverbial "weak link"... outside of that rare exception, lats dont play any role in bench, despite the very minor ancillary useage..    just like rear delts during masterbation..

*sigh*

This is the problem with this guy, claims he wants to learn but only if it agrees with what he says.

I'm out, no need to continue, keep it clean fellas. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2010, 05:54:36 AM »
7 pages........declines = serious business.
No doubt about it...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2010, 08:04:34 AM »
BB Wolfe is just trying to confuse tbombz with the facts. As is everyone else. Might as well give up on attempting to correct tbombz errors on understanding fairly simple basic stuff about weight trtaining.  Good luck to the Manteca Marvel in the future.
F

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2010, 08:08:15 AM »
wolfe is unbelievably strong  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

wolfe - hows your diet/ getting fitter kick going?

have you stopped that now ? levelled off ? what do you weigh now ? bf levels ?

how has your strength been effected by the weight loss ?

what are your goals now ?
175lbs by 31st July

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2010, 01:30:06 PM »
Tried em again yesterday. Head almost exploded.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »

wolfe is unbelievably strong  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Use to be unbelievably strong :)
That is a thing of the past I'm back in Columbus at Westside getting ready to compete again. I did good for about a year on getting real lean and then realized FUCK THIS this is not who I am
Im still watching what I eat, nothing processed, nothing to fatty definately nothing deep fried but I do have a cheat day on Sunday mornings after Heavy Bench training at Westside. We hit the breakfast buffet and tear that shit up then I make the 2 hr drive home and all goes back to where it was. I'm not bodybuilder strict but I'm not shoveling burgers and pizza and fries down my throat everyday like I use to. My BW is up from 253 last summer to around 310 to 315. I have put some pudge back on but I have also filled the sleeves on my shirts back out. I'm back in size 40s from my 36s last year. It does kinda bum me out some days cause I look back at how hard I worked to get down there but I was barely above average there. At least here I got good size going and look strong!!! My raw bench right now is low 500s and I did a 700 shirted about 7 weeks ago just for shits and giggles so who knows where that is. I'm gonna focua on getting strong then look at a meet in like March April time frame!!!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »
wolfe is unbelievably strong  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ohh and for the record I'm 110% clean this time around!!! As for goals I left 900 on the platform tried it 9 damn times and missed it 9 damn times sooooooo Who knows where I'll go :)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »
Ohh and for the record I'm 110% clean this time around!!! As for goals I left 900 on the platform tried it 9 damn times and missed it 9 damn times sooooooo Who knows where I'll go :)
me too....it suck doesnt it??!?!?

bench

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2010, 12:41:23 PM »
good luck with your goals  8)
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2010, 09:41:09 AM »
Really have been getting into the declines. My chest feels 100% different since doing them. It's new to the routine. I don't hit the gym focusing on one movement. But I have been doing them. Decline press, dumbells, and flies. Out of all of them. Incline, flat, decline, or cable cross overs. Decline flies hit the whole thing for me.
im glad ! declines have allowed me to thicken up my chest like never before. and now that my chest is getting thicker im getting better contractions during other chest exercises that i didnt get that great of isolation on before.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »
This would be considered partial rep training (many other ways to preform partial's...this is just one of them) which quite a few very huge men adapt to when working out. In fact just about every exceptional muscular large man I have witnessed  (in person...including some Pro's) follows this type of TUT workout. It's mid range reps than seem the most effective, for most men.

JPM:
Is it common that you see trainers employ this method to other body parts such as arms (I know you don‘t train them much by themselves), legs, etc.?

I’m just curious if anyone’s experienced favorable results from using a modified TUT/ROM on, say, dips or even behind-the-head triceps extensions.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2010, 08:55:57 AM »
Montague: Yes, very common. Somewhat rare to see full ROM's performed, something of a trend now. I'm sure there may be some, but again.... rare. TUT seems to work well on biceps/triceps, delts, lats, calves or anywhere else you want to focus on. Add SS's, tri sets or quad sets to the mix and you have a higher level of BB'ing. Of course, never going to complete failure is one of the keys to this style of working out. Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »
Thank you.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
Anyone else have headrush issues here? My head swells with blood as soon as I decline, gets worse throughout the set.