Author Topic: Debbie Kruck  (Read 9021 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Debbie Kruck
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:40:37 AM »
I don't know if this question has been asked before on this board or not, but would you say that Debbie Kruck the figure industry as a whole was her brain-child or an influence from her?

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
Re: Debbie Kruck
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 01:56:39 PM »
I don't know if this question has been asked before on this board or not, but would you say that Debbie Kruck the figure industry as a whole was her brain-child or an influence from her?
Her brain-child? Not too sure about that. But she is arguably the "Godmother" of fitness and figure. She was one of the first 'tweeners (too big to be just a fitness model, and too feminine to be an IFBB bodybuilder), and won all the early fitness-type shows the IFBB had. I have consistently maintained that she does not get enough respect or honor from the current crop of fitness and figure women. Almost all of them mention Monica Brant as their idol in the industry. Nothing wrong with that, as Monica has had great longevity and has carved out a successful living in an industry that gives little financial reward to its female competitors. However, Debbie is the foundation of this modern day fitness-figure "sport", and she's still involved in the industry.

Lee

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:27:49 PM »
Her brain-child? Not too sure about that. But she is arguably the "Godmother" of fitness and figure. She was one of the first 'tweeners (too big to be just a fitness model, and too feminine to be an IFBB bodybuilder), and won all the early fitness-type shows the IFBB had. I have consistently maintained that she does not get enough respect or honor from the current crop of fitness and figure women. Almost all of them mention Monica Brant as their idol in the industry. Nothing wrong with that, as Monica has had great longevity and has carved out a successful living in an industry that gives little financial reward to its female competitors. However, Debbie is the foundation of this modern day fitness-figure "sport", and she's still involved in the industry.

That's the word I was searching for.  "Godmother" of fitness.  Yes, you're absolutely correct.  She was the first of the 'tweener females that spawned what we now now is figure.  Sharon Bruneau is another name that comes to mind when I think of athletes who decided to move from bb to figure or fitness-related.  Monica Brandt is definitely the most honored of all figure athletes I would say.  Can't really mention the sport without mentioning her name.   Very true, Debbie probably doesn't get the respect that she deserves in this sport.

Great post!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
Plain and simple Monica is a smart business woman. She knows how to market herself and be a business woman.

Debbie never capitilized from a business perspective. She definitely looked great and deserves credit for what she did early on in her career.
Elevate Your Image.™

Slick Vic

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 07:43:22 PM »
Debbie Kruck runs a helluva show [Debbie Kruck Bodybuilding & Fitness Championship] Treats every competitor wonderful! Props to you girl!  :-*

MsFitness

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 09:24:27 AM »
http://msfitness.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=General&action=display&thread=1135909868
Debbie Kruck's 1989 performance round in which she won her first Fitness title - Ms. Fitness USA
Home of the World's Most Fit and Beautiful

The General

• Getbig III
  • The Absolute leader
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 08:19:05 AM »
indeet you are all right Debbie was the pioneer in fitness  but Monica Brant made it all happen

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 02:10:38 PM »
indeet you are all right Debbie was the pioneer in fitness  but Monica Brant made it all happen

This was never intended to be a "Monica vs. Debbie" thread...but I disagree. DEBBIE made it all happen. Monica made it all happen for HERSELF by carving out a decent career in this industry, thereby becoming an inspiration to many other women. I actually think in some ways Monica has created false hope for a lot of women that get in this industry. They think there is a lot of money to go around, and there really isn't. Most women nowadays seem to make their money in this industry from having member paysites instead of an actual paid contract or any contest earnings. And let's not make Monica Brant out to be a household name or a millionaire. I don't believe she qualifies in either category.

I am a Monica fan, and think she has been robbed in several of these figure shows. However, if Monica never appeared on the scene fitness and figure would still exist, thanks to Debbie Kruck. You can add women like Mia Finnegan, Carol Semple, and others that came along later in the early days of IFBB fitness.
Lee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »
I actually think in some ways Monica has created false hope for a lot of women that get in this industry. They think there is a lot of money to go around, and there really isn't.
Many women think this in general but Monica is very honest with her fans and girls who look up to her. I photographed her FEM camp and she told them point blank not to expect to make a lot of money in the industry.

Sad thing is there is money it just doesn't go to the women, ie sponsorships, endorsements.
Elevate Your Image.™

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 09:00:44 AM »
Don't know but she looks great.
"Mystery Is Life"

wheelie1

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 09:24:11 AM »