Author Topic: How would Mike Tyson do if he was in the UFC in his prime?  (Read 16996 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: How would Mike Tyson do if he was in the UFC in his prime?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 12:20:30 PM »
Just to prove my point... this is with 16oz. boxing gloves... not 4oz. MMA gloves..

Hell, here's one more, just so you get the point..

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »
I really can't believe that Capt. Equip and myself are the only ones to think Tyson would do well....unreal..

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »
I really can't believe that Capt. Equip and myself are the only ones to think Tyson would do well....unreal..

No way dude, I do to ;D  I'm no MMA guy or anything like that, even though I do watch it from time to time. But what I have noticed is that a lot of these MMA guys seem to think that no one can do well in their sport unless they were brought up in it. You see so much hate for guys that stepped in from other backgrounds, Lesner and Kimbo and this talk saying Tyson has a "punchers chance" in MMA, it just seems like unless you are some jui-jitsu guru or some other exotic fighting form you get no respect. At least thats the way it seems from an outside person looking in. Not trying to piss anyone off, just calling it the way I see it.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
cause your fucking delusional, his arms are short and fuck and he's short, someone like check kong would make him look like a schoolboy trying to hit a grown up..............LOW KICK.
Being able to punch does not make an MMA fighter, in fact its a fraction of what you need. Randy coutour's standin up punch hits at 500ibs..... i hit harder than that doesnt mean i stand a chance in hell

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 04:08:25 PM »
cause your fucking delusional, his arms are short and fuck and he's short, someone like check kong would make him look like a schoolboy trying to hit a grown up..............LOW KICK.
Being able to punch does not make an MMA fighter, in fact its a fraction of what you need. Randy coutour's standin up punch hits at 500ibs..... i hit harder than that doesnt mean i stand a chance in hell

Thanks for proving my point in less than 2 minutes  8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »

Are you fucking joking !??! Tyson is/was around 5'11 230lbs. rock hard... he'd break Cheick like a fucking popsicle stick...   Look how many direct shots to the face it takes for an MMA fighter to knock someone out WITH 4oz. gloves... look how few shots it takes someone like Tyson to knock someone out with 16oz. gloves.  You keep missing my points, you think MMA fighters have chins like pro boxer's ?!?! are you fkn joking me!!!?  all you hardcore MMA'ers are fucking dreaming!!!

I've been doing some sort of fighting arts since I was 12, 3 years of karate, 3 years of muay thai, a year of Systema (Russian Military style) I started brazilian jiu jitsu about 4-5 months ago and prior to that did a year of private boxing lessons to get my power and technique better, I also have been working as a bouncer on the weekends for about 8 years now, so believe me I've been in and seen probably more fights that half the MMA guys you dream about (I'm talking REAL fights, not sparring in a dojo).

My point in the last paragraph?  sparring jiu jitsu in a dojo does not equate to being in *REAL* fighting situations, but since you guys are all experienced cage fighters you'd know that!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »
if tyson was smart (which he isn't) he would have trained for takedown defense for a year or two, then stepped in the octagon (hopefully dana would put him against another guy that likes to bang, say tim "the maniac" sylvia") and see what happens...but if they put him in there against lesner, then at least he would have a shot to stop the take down...

or how bout this

kimbo vs tyson!!!!

you're right, it would be much smarter for a guy who don't give a fuck about fighting anymore to start learning new skills, spend all day every day in the gym and take a multi-million dollar pay cut to go play with dana white and the trailer trash kids... ::)

prime tyson? i lmao at the moron that thinks anyone with shoot wrestling skills is just going to shoot in and take him down with little risk of getting tagged. that shit is fucking classic. ;D

can you say, "no idea or concept of reality fighting?"

what, do you and this 'mark kerr' gimmick have slumber parties at each other's house and engage in pillow biting fighting all night long???

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 11:05:11 PM »
How would a boxing kangaroo fare in the UFC?  I say the MMA guy would shoot (from 5 feet out  :o), but the kangaroo would leap right over him and whack him with its tail. If the MMA fighter wasn't knocked out already, the kangaroo would then begin the deadly GnP.  :o

It'd also be practically impossible to submit a good-sized kangaroo. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 11:21:26 PM »

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »
you're right, it would be much smarter for a guy who don't give a fuck about fighting anymore to start learning new skills, spend all day every day in the gym and take a multi-million dollar pay cut to go play with dana white and the trailer trash kids... ::)

prime tyson? i lmao at the moron that thinks anyone with shoot wrestling skills is just going to shoot in and take him down with little risk of getting tagged. that shit is fucking classic. ;D

can you say, "no idea or concept of reality fighting?"

what, do you and this 'mark kerr' gimmick have slumber parties at each other's house and engage in pillow biting fighting all night long???

Thank you for the clarification! :)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 11:34:45 PM »
More kangaroo pwnage

Vertigo

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 01:59:15 AM »
Yeah, you're totally right, what was I thinking.. a the HW boxing champion of the world with a glass jaw that can't take a few sloppy half ass shots from someone like Koscheck or another wrestler... a world champion that trains for 12  2-3 minute rounds of receiving pure blows to the head/face (aside from some bodyshots)  yeah...he'd never survive a beating like that...

You're so far up tyson's ass it's blocking any realistic view. Believe what you may, I'm done converting fanboys. Be it pro-wrestling, tyson/ali or aikido...

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 05:01:59 AM »
You're so far up tyson's ass it's blocking any realistic view. Believe what you may, I'm done converting fanboys. Be it pro-wrestling, tyson/ali or aikido...

You have 12 posts here, how many Fanboys have you converted?
E

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 12:25:27 AM »
Why wouldn't Tyson know how to grapple, kick and all that?

Ok, he may not have specially trained those skills, but what I've understood is that, he has had his share of " no rules" fighting as well?

5'11" 230lbs maniac poverhouse might not stand a chance in UFC ring but add nbr1. talent on boxing to that...

Damn Mike - why did you let them screw it up for you!!

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »
he wasnt a fighter you fuckin loser he was a boxer, he never needed to train to defend anything other than arms while he was coming in the trade....more punches.  A boxer is as much of a fighter as writer is a painter

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2008, 03:00:32 AM »
he wasnt a fighter you fuckin loser he was a boxer, he never needed to train to defend anything other than arms while he was coming in the trade....more punches.  A boxer is as much of a fighter as writer is a painter

no, you're right, tyson was never a fighter. guy was mugging grown men at 8 years of age in the mean streets of brooklyn because he was good at poetry... ::)

i would so love to see one of you keyboard pillow biters fighters take on a prime 220lb fighting machine like tyson in a no holds barred. that would be a sight. can you say 1 second tops. let me see, you would shoot in and...get your head ripped off. ;D

remember when you 90lb tuff guys got together at one of your college wrestling slumber parties to watch trailertrash chuck own mr 'no holds barred' 'killing machine' wandigotnodefence and chuck shut him out with pure stand up BOXING skills while wandi headbutted his fists for a while before he got owned? well, imagine what a prime tyson would do on lead with the chin wandi with 5 ounce gloves? there is no way on god's green earth wandi would make it into the 1st 10 seconds before he goes whistling out of the ring minus the lower half of his mandible.

hope this helps some tuff girls. :-*

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2008, 08:19:09 AM »

Hahahaha you fucking retard, the reason Tyson got into boxing was  because he was streetfighter/troubled youth and needed to put all his energy and aggression somewhere before going to adult jail.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 08:34:39 AM »
Hahahaha you fucking retard, the reason Tyson got into boxing was  because he was streetfighter/troubled youth and needed to put all his energy and aggression somewhere before going to adult jail.

Looks like boxing stoped that from happening huh???

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »
Why wouldn't Tyson know how to grapple, kick and all that?

Ok, he may not have specially trained those skills, but what I've understood is that, he has had his share of " no rules" fighting as well?

5'11" 230lbs maniac poverhouse might not stand a chance in UFC ring but add nbr1. talent on boxing to that...

Damn Mike - why did you let them screw it up for you!!

Good point.  Just become someone is a boxer doesn't mean they are unable to kick, knee, elbow, etc.  Obviously someone who is not trained, will not do well on the ground, but they also won't just lay there like a slug either.  Tyson's punches; whether he's on his feet, off-balance, or on the ground would still be harder than any UFC fighter can deliver in those same positions.  With that being said here is how I think Tyson would stack up against a top UFC heavy weight:

In the boxing ring:  Tyson without question.
In the cage:  I'd give Tyson a 50/50 shoot.
On the street:  I'd give the edge to Tyson.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
in his prime, i'd give Tyson the edge no matter what the venue of the fight.  Period.
If fact, i'd go on to say that Tyson could still take many UFC "beasts" on today.  As soon as one went in to do a takedown, BOOM!!  Tyson by KO from a wild right.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2008, 07:28:55 AM »
problem is, the only boxers we've seen enter the ufc are second rate ones, has-beens and never-weres.

what you have here is one guy who is unbeatable standing up vs a guy who is a 'jack of all trades'.

the more money that becomes available in mma, the higher calibre athletes like a prime tyson you will see rise to the top.

at this time, you just don't have the lineage, experience and skills set to produce anything but second rate fighters ie tim mongoloid silva. i'm sorry but fighters like mike tyson was at his prime do not lose fights to the time silvas of the world. no way, no how. eg. how many trainers in mma have the experience and fighting wisdom of a cus d'amato or angelo dundee? same with the corners, the teams, everything is just a mixed salad thrown together to produce mongrels.

at this point in time, the talent is still with boxing. ufc is going to need a lot more time and money before you see finely honed talent like tyson, mayweather and roy jones emerge.

what exists right now is dana white and a circus of trailer trash, never weres and mongoloids. just a small group of nobodies that just keep fighting each other for chump change until they retire from old age. sorry, but anyone who thinks that is top level competition needs to get a new pipe.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
People maybe dont realise that as soon as someone went in for Tyson ( if they had the balls to attack first ), hed have uppercutted them to the floor before they even knew it was thrown

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 03:06:33 PM »
already mentioned indirectly.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »
People maybe dont realise that as soon as someone went in for Tyson ( if they had the balls to attack first ), hed have uppercutted them to the floor before they even knew it was thrown

That was my whole point, but apparently the hardcore jiu-jitsu/wrestler fanboys think that their ufc heroes have jaws made of iron... not saying these guys have glass jaws, but a direct power shot from tyson is gonna put most people's lights out.

HBK

• Getbig I
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 11:48:32 PM »
I would love to have seen 80's Mike in a mma cage. I for one, refuse to think that he would walk out of a boxing ring and into the cage with no other training- that's just plain naive. Let's also not forget that punching is the first thing most people learn to do in fighting...and fights don't start on the ground. Also, most mma guys talk like every single mma fighter is perfectly balanced in their standup/clinch/groundwork. Let's also not forget the most important part- we're not talking about some average heavyweight boxer...we're talking about Tyson. People must forget about his speed, power and footwork. Those 4oz gloves won't be helping anyone. If I had to predict, he'd probably train and fight similar to Chuck (stay on his feet, and prevent takedowns)....who's gonna say that Chuck is a bad mma fighter? Just my opinion.
One rep at a time.