Author Topic: New MMA Board Mods...  (Read 8076 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: New MMA Board Mods...
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 12:28:33 AM »
Agree.

Thin Lizzy
Chute
Sin

Thanks man. If it were strictly a grappling/bjj board, I'd do it. But I don't follow MMA as closely as the other two candidates. In those betting threads, I don't even know most of the guys at the bottom of the cards.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 04:39:48 AM »
Chute

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 06:46:46 AM »

As for my own suggestions, there's a number of people I think should get the chance to mod, if they're up for it... Mark Kerr, Dbol, coltrane, NaturalWonder, MB_722 to name but a few... where as others, like danielson is not interested (I've asked him in the past) and americanbulldog (isn't active enough, I've asked him as well previously)

NaturalWonder!!!???!!!???

You have got to be kidding me Mindspin.... I mean I am starting to question your judgment now.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 06:47:38 AM »
Anways....

Chute and Sin are my picks for moderator.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 09:43:21 AM »
Read my post my friend...NO voting here.  I'm going to look at nominees and make a choice.  In all probability it will be two mods with opposing views, so they can balance each other out.
That's what causes all the bickering in the first place, quit trying to be controversial and pick mods that will make sure the board runs smoothly without conflicts in every thread.

This is the MMA board, not the V.

BTW, Bluto does add alot to this board, with the copy/paste deal and the betting thread, he can still do those things without being a mod can't he? He has been doing them anyway and the board has been going along fairly smooth without him being a mod.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
In all reality, Bluto doesn't add jack shit. He doesn't contribute to the threads he starts, he doesn't give any of his own ideas or anything. He just copy/pastes the five biggest headlines from the other big MMA sites and leaves the threads to die. Yes, surely worthy of moderator. He can do that to his heart's content without the moderator position.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
In all reality, Bluto doesn't add jack shit. He doesn't contribute to the threads he starts, he doesn't give any of his own ideas or anything. He just copy/pastes the five biggest headlines from the other big MMA sites and leaves the threads to die. Yes, surely worthy of moderator. He can do that to his heart's content without the moderator position.
That's what I said, he's good with copy/paste and adding up the betting thread. But he can do that without being a mod.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
NaturalWonder!!!???!!!???

You have got to be kidding me Mindspin.... I mean I am starting to question your judgment now.

I'm Bluto, not MindSpin.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 02:57:55 PM »
In all reality, Bluto doesn't add jack shit. He doesn't contribute to the threads he starts, he doesn't give any of his own ideas or anything.

Whether I do or not is besides the point since it's not part of the criteria that MindSpin posted. Try to make your posts relevant.
Z

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
My guess is Ron started the thread and then wiped his hands clean of it.. left it up to Mind to decide as he is the only Mod who kept his status??? Just my guess?

You know, Mindspin is a lot more down here than I am, and i have personally known him for years.  So yes, I can just choose, and then got a ton of complaints, but since I am taking care of some other issues, especially in terms of the main board and revamping things, I trust Mindspin.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 03:43:50 PM »
You know, Mindspin is a lot more down here than I am, and i have personally known him for years.  So yes, I can just choose, and then got a ton of complaints, but since I am taking care of some other issues, especially in terms of the main board and revamping things, I trust Mindspin.

Just pick some mods Ron. There is yet another card on tonight and we still don't have a mod who will donate 5 minutes of their time to tally up the cards(plus the last 10 or so so we know who is winning).
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
I'll have two mods chosen by end of day monday.  Their responsibilities will be as I outlined in this thread.  Let's have a good board without endless bickering & personal attacks...
w

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 03:58:33 PM »
I'll have two mods chosen by end of day monday.  Their responsibilities will be as I outlined in this thread.  Let's have a good board without endless bickering & personal attacks...

Sounds good
E

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 04:44:27 PM »
Mindspin, I clicked on the globe, I am not happy.

What gives? >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 07:10:18 PM »

Agreed, It's not about arguing and funking up every thread with endless arguing. Take that shit to the V. It's needs to be erased so the topics can stay on point. SIMPLE AS THAT! Mindspin you should have locked the betting thread! Where you at big guy?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 12:11:01 AM »

Pretty simple really. Pick any two people not named Bluto or his gimmick NaturalWonder83 and you'll be fine. You know, like the overwhelming of majority of people voicing their opinion are saying.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 03:55:20 AM »
bluto didn't bet in the ufc90 thread

funny that

unless he starts the thread he wont contribute

mod material - i think not
T

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 07:31:39 AM »
After a lot of thought I gotta nominate Milfer for Mod. He is the only person smart enough on this board to calculate the fights and someone needs to go back like 10 cards and add them all up.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 08:01:36 AM »
If not Milfer because he is not here a lot, just find someone who can add. That's all they have to be able to do, take care of the betting threads and do a running tally. I am not sure why anyone thinks we care about individual fight cards, that was not the intention of the betting game.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 09:31:09 AM »
bluto didn't bet in the ufc90 thread

funny that

unless he starts the thread he wont contribute

mod material - i think not

with lats running the ufc 90 betting thread i knew only a few would bet and it wasnt challenging enough for me

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:33 AM »
If not Milfer because he is not here a lot, just find someone who can add. That's all they have to be able to do, take care of the betting threads and do a running tally. I am not sure why anyone thinks we care about individual fight cards, that was not the intention of the betting game.

maybe a compromise just adding the winners every show, would make it a whole lot easier for example 2 latest fights

bluto 1 win
lats 1 win
rest 0 wins
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2008, 09:33:33 AM »
maybe a compromise just adding the winners every show, would make it a whole lot easier for example 2 latest fights

bluto 1 win
lats 1 win
rest 0 wins

No that's no good. Milfer added them up, why is it so hard for a mod to do it? It's just math.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
No that's no good. Milfer added them up, why is it so hard for a mod to do it? It's just math.

math is hard, need professors for that

besides i only care about wins

either you win a show and beat everyone or you dont, only if you do you're worth mentioning

Z

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2008, 11:13:06 AM »
It's not that difficult, make me a mod and I'll keep track of that stuff in a locked sticky so everyone can see. But I don't think I'll go back 10+ cards, maybe just 4-5.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »
It's not that difficult, make me a mod and I'll keep track of that stuff in a locked sticky so everyone can see. But I don't think I'll go back 10+ cards, maybe just 4-5.

no need to be a mod to do that, milfer never was a mod. but its good news danielson, chaos will do the calculating from now on - going back 4-5 cards and then for all upcoming shows!

good we settled that.
Z