Author Topic: UFC 135 - Jones Won But.........  (Read 12153 times)

suckmymuscle

UFC 135 - Jones Won But.........
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »
  Rampage did a lot better than I thought. I mean, it went to the 4th round, and Rampage managed to hurt Jones, something that no fighter has done before...

And how huge is Jones? Holy shit, Rampage looked like a child next to him. He should move to the heavyweight division and fight with Cain for the heavyweight belt. He is a heavyweight beating up on light-heavyweights. Quinton is a warrior and gave Jones his toughest fight yet.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Jones Won But.........
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
Rampage had zero offense

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »
Jones hardly dominated him, especially when you consider that Rampage relied almost entirely on striking while his reach was SO much less.

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »
rampage got fucked up!

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:29:32 PM »
Coach really screwed Rampage up with his training program of pushing trucks and pushing a tire across a parking lot.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
Those stamp kicks to the Knee, quads and the inside thigh kicks are a head fuck for anyone to deal with as it frustrates the hell out of you very very Smart young fighter took the bull apart bit...by bit...by bit

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »
as one dimensional as rampage is claimed to be he was not dominated nowhere close to jones recent opponents. Not even close. That says a lot (esp. if you are in the fight game)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
Jones hardly dominated him, especially when you consider that Rampage relied almost entirely on striking while his reach was SO much less.

Yes, exactly. When you factor in the difference in size, strength and reach, Jones was hardly better than Rampage on the stand-up. If they were the same size and had the same reach, Rampage might have KOd him. I repeat: Jones is a heavyweight beating up on light-heavyweights. He should be fighting guys with his size and reach. I would love to see him fight Overeem, a guy with an equal reach to him and K-1 World champion and watch him get KTFO.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »
Jones beat Page.  Sorry SMM.  Make all the excuses you want.  We've heard them all.  Your boy LOST.  ANd just when was Bones hurt by Page?  You're on crack bro.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »
Rampage had zero offense

It's hard to have offense when the guy you're fighting against has arms and legs that are literally twice as long as yours.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 08:40:29 PM »
all that talk rampage talked was nothing lol what a typical thug
TEAM Nasser

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
 It's hard to have offense when the guy you're fighting against has arms and legs that are literally twice as long as yours.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

yes... Genetic advantage for Jones... But Jones is more talented too

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
STFU "outby43" i didn't train him this time. Besides he was in great shape. Next time you speak, know what you're speaking about. (Kids)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

But at the very least, stop making excuses for him..

Rampage talked shit at the press conference. Jones went in there and allowed for his skills to speak louder than useless words.  Jones SCHOOLED Rampage, so much so that RAMPAGE had to admit at the end that he held his head in shame due to the ass whooping and stated very clearly that the kid is here to stay due to his skills.

"1"

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 08:41:31 PM »
I think Rashad will give Bones trouble.  Just saying that now.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »
Coach really screwed Rampage up with his training program of pushing trucks and pushing a tire across a parking lot.

lolz

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 08:45:12 PM »
Even though Jones' reach was longer Rampage trained for that by having Kongo as a sparring partner. It's an advantage because Kongo has the same height and reach as Jones plus Kongo is 35lbs heavier than Jones. Jones has a lot of skills.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
Jones beat Page.  Sorry SMM.  Make all the excuses you want.  We've heard them all.  Your boy LOST.  ANd just when was Bones hurt by Page?  You're on crack bro.

Coltrane, what the hell are you talking about? I predicted that Jones would win. But Rampage did a lot better than I thought. It went to the 4th round and Jones didn't dominate Rampage in the stand-up which is incredible considering the huge advantage he has over Rampage in size and reach. Had they the same reach, I could see Rampage clipping him.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 08:47:55 PM »
Stop making excuses about too long of limbs and being a HW etc.  He makes weight and that's all that matters.  Anything else is just petty excuse.

Who do you have with Bones vs. Evans?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
An 11" reach advantage is huge. I have Jones to beat Rashad.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »
But at the very least, stop making excuses for him..

What excuses? It is a fact that Jones has a ridiculous reach. His reach is too much even for a 6'4 guy. I am 6'4 and my arms are not as long as Jones'. Jones is a heavyweight and should be fighting in his own weight class instead of beating up on smaller and weaker guys who can't even get close to him.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
An 11" reach advantage is huge. I have Jones to beat Rashad.

HUGE advantage.  But it's not something that's illegal. 

I think Rashad is lightening fast and will be able to get in on Jones.  Jones' chin is still untested.  Page was only able to tap him.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
 What excuses? It is a fact that Jones has a ridiculous reach. His reach is too much even for a 6'4 guy. I am 6'4 and my arms are not as long as Jones'. Jones is a heavyweight and should be fighting in his own weight class instead of beating up on smaller and weaker guys who can't even get close to him.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

geez, Lesnar and Dos Santos would hurt him.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

What qualifies fighters for Heavyweight status?

Hmm..

Is it height?

or

Is it weight?

"1"

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

HAHA.  You say "what excuses" ?!    READ YOUR POST DUDE!  You start babbling about his reach etc.   EXCUSES!!!