Author Topic: Didn't go to the gym for a month  (Read 8093 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: Didn't go to the gym for a month
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »
I've found out that training twice a week helps A LOT to mantain your physique. So, even if you are very busy, you should go to the gym at least twice a week. Just my 2 cents

MikMaq

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »
Don't worry bro I haven't gone in three years.

Swlabr

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »
better be ass to grass or no count. pufft half squat.

Bit below parallel, ass to grass kills my back. :(

After a long lay off, I find leg strength comes back quicker than other body parts.

You might be surprised how many you get with 315 the next work out.

I did 315x8 before the 405x6, had way more in me but I was set on getting the 405. Did 330x15 the week before, though!

This is a not-so-subtle "look at my squat numbers" thread. Deal with it, haters.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »
did dorian state that he would take a month long break

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »
Lost A LOT of strength. I squatted 315 for 25 before I went home for the holidays, struggled with 315 for 5 yesterday. Feels bad, man. :( On the upside, though, I never missed an injection in that one month period!

Any of you guys experienced this shit? How long until your strength came back?

if you train for endurance if you take time off you will lose your endurance / strength a lot faster vs if you just trained for strength in the 3-5 rep range.
all drugs - TPPIIP

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »
If I take a layoff like that (or longer) I have to be real careful getting back into the groove. I remember my body aching and feeling nauseous for 2 days after going back in like I had never stopped.

I've learned my lesson.

Gotta just keep on keepin' on. If you are forced to take a break, go back like a noob and take it EZ. Strength comes back fairly quick.

As far as the injects, I would probably keep something going during the break just so I dont get lethargic or depressed...

Everyone is different.

Swlabr

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:20 PM »
I've found out that training twice a week helps A LOT to mantain your physique. So, even if you are very busy, you should go to the gym at least twice a week. Just my 2 cents

But... walking 3 miles there and back is such a hassle. :\

if you train for endurance if you take time off you will lose your endurance / strength a lot faster vs if you just trained for strength in the 3-5 rep range.

I tend to agree, I got back to my max deadlift within a week, took me a bit longer to get the high rep squats back.

If I take a layoff like that (or longer) I have to be real careful getting back into the groove. I remember my body aching and feeling nauseous for 2 days after going back in like I had never stopped.

I've learned my lesson.

Gotta just keep on keepin' on. If you are forced to take a break, go back like a noob and take it EZ. Strength comes back fairly quick.

As far as the injects, I would probably keep something going during the break just so I dont get lethargic or depressed...

Everyone is different.

Lol, I went all out as soon as I stepped into the gym. Maybe I should pace myself more.

Swablr, under the age of 20 correct?

19 in a bit over a month!

chess315

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 10:55:10 PM »
you should gain that back in 3-5 weeks tops that a lot of just motor skill loss to not all actually contractile strength I drink a lot so a very used to quiting and gaining back i usually use a full body work out the first week or to. The go back to normal training imo fullbodyworkouts build back previous strength and muscle mass fastest i.e the colorado experiment

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 11:36:06 PM »
you should get your strenght back after 2-3 good leg workouts...thats all it takes...next time u will do atleast 12...i swear...after that 18-19 and then 25+...no problem bro
MIRAGETROPIN

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 03:25:35 AM »
Steve Reeves took most of the year off.  Only trained a few months PY.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 03:45:34 AM »
did dorian state that he would take a month long break
Yes, a month break from 5 grams test.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 03:55:48 AM »
Size and strength comes back quickly and you usually shoot past where you were quickly because of the rest and recovery you had!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 04:29:53 AM »
i only go because i like a good pump but if i would stop it doesnt matter much, i will never become small anymore.

ChevChelios

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 04:43:21 AM »
lot's of hardworkers here  8)
GETBIG!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 04:52:50 AM »
No danger of anyone overtraining in this thread!  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
No danger of anyone overtraining in this thread!  ;D

stab city?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 07:27:55 AM »
holy shit you guys are lazy. I have to force myself not to work out. I try to go only 4 days but I can't help but go 5 a lot of the time

That being said, this is a good informational thread about how powerful gear is even if you don't train

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 07:37:15 AM »

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
holy shit you guys are lazy. I have to force myself not to work out. I try to go only 4 days but I can't help but go 5 a lot of the time

That being said, this is a good informational thread about how powerful gear is even if you don't train
This.

Never used gear, but I go nuts if I don't train for even a couple of days.

Sometimes I run for two or three weeks straight, even after a night of drinking.

I would be climbing the walls.
G

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 07:53:59 AM »
This thread = generation nothingness personified.

Going to the gym should be a daily ritual,just like taking a shower and eating breakfast!!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Lately, i feel realy fishy about the guy who says he can do squat 300 or 400 like nothing.
Because, I hardly witness those squat in any gym.
I am not saying that you lie. But it makes me really suspicious in these days.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 07:59:14 AM »
Well, I guess I didn't get bigger, I lost weight, but I LOOK bigger because I'm leaner.

Oh I should mention I also used gh at 5 iu/day... lol

No, you didn't use anything. You don't work out.

You don't use drugs.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 08:04:16 AM »
Lost A LOT of strength. I squatted 315 for 25 before I went home for the holidays, struggled with 315 for 5 yesterday. Feels bad, man. :( On the upside, though, I never missed an injection in that one month period!

Any of you guys experienced this shit? How long until your strength came back?

315 for 25? deep?

POST SOME DAMN PICTURES, call me homo if you want ;D

I think I can now squat 100kg for about 20+ reps again and my legs look deceant now, if I could do that with 140kg... lol :P... but I do weight 75kg.

As for not being motivated to train... what :D ?! slow day = go to the gym... great day = go to the gym... depressed = go to the gym.... happy = go to the gym.... best friend died = go to the gym... I don't get it why would you NOT want to train...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »
315 for 25? deep?

POST SOME DAMN PICTURES, call me homo if you want ;D

I think I can now squat 100kg for about 20+ reps again and my legs look deceant now, if I could do that with 140kg... lol :P... but I do weight 75kg.

As for not being motivated to train... what :D ?! slow day = go to the gym... great day = go to the gym... depressed = go to the gym.... happy = go to the gym.... best friend died = go to the gym... I don't get it why would you NOT want to train...
yeah seem like platz like numbers huh,,,

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 08:17:33 AM »
yeah seem like platz like numbers huh,,,

there's a 20 year old guy in my gym who maxes squats every day ass to the grass. he can squat 325lbs ass to the grass 3 reps for 7-10 sets on a good day with no equipment and butter smooth.
 It's some sort of bulgarian squat program. It wen't from 265lbs for 3 reps into 315 within weeks when he did that program.
He sayes that he only does this because he wants more jumping power in his parkour life style and only prety much trains leggs in the winter and obtains his parkour skills and vica versa in the summer.

He looks like a white boy skateboarder, sits between sets, jokes around with me and playes angry birds in between and then squats again, so it could be possible sawlbr isn't bullshiting.

but 315 for 25 reps atg... kind of suspicious... maby he just is a beast but he hasn't veryfied it so I have a neutral stand here.