Author Topic: 1st Time Synthol Used At The Mr O  (Read 7619 times)

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
1st Time Synthol Used At The Mr O
« on: March 26, 2006, 07:06:22 AM »
Who and When ???

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: 1st Time Synthol Used At The Mr O
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »
frank zane

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 09:08:06 AM »
Larry Scott
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 09:29:04 AM »
Maybe Mr Ray could shed some light .

The first time I heard of Synthol was during the debate on Flex Wheeler's calves many moons ago .

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »
ferrigno calves?
Deep Tissue Massage

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 09:31:39 AM »
ferrigno's obliques ;D
just push some weight!

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 09:54:22 AM »
I read that :

In 1996 Chris Clark invented the first SEO (Site Enhancing Oil) and named it 'Synthol'.

So if that info is correct I would imagine that there could have been a few Synthol junkies in 1996 .

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 10:27:10 AM »
I'd vote for Flex's delts, but I'm most likely wrong.
a

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 10:38:46 AM »
I'd vote for Flex's delts, but I'm most likely wrong.

You are wrong. Flex never touched synthol. He prefers esicline and injects it into shoulders, arms and calves. He makes sure to do it in the morning so that he will have enough time to pass out and wake back up. His wife is all for it too.
just push some weight!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 10:40:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure Flex admitted to synthol use.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

WorldGym2006

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure Flex admitted to synthol use.

I dont know what was in Flex's calves at the 1995 CAL (as an audience member), but something was....they were 20 inches...

They went from 13 inches to 20 inches in 6 months.......

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »
I think that he admitted to using it once in an MD article. I also remember reading that he admitted to escilene.  Just out of curiosity, why did it make him and/or Levrone pass out?

21 vials will do that to you!
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »
I forgot what exactly was written but I can guess that using that much is a great shock to your nervous system and it can't handle it.
just push some weight!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 12:33:24 PM »
Joe Lewis measuring the arm of Charles Atlas after a Synthol injection. A three inch gain.  :o

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 03:47:07 PM »
I read that :
In 1996 Chris Clark invented the first SEO (Site Enhancing Oil) and named it 'Synthol'.

but he called it syntrol

search misc.fitness and misc.fitness.weights on google groups

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 11:22:40 PM »
I dont know what was in Flex's calves at the 1995 CAL (as an audience member), but something was....they were 20 inches...

They went from 13 inches to 20 inches in 6 months.......

I highly doubt that an adult male had 13 inch calves. There was a pic in flex showing his measured calve at 20' but, they were much larger than 13' to begin with.

Also, was Flex the guest poser at the 1995 CAL, because there was no record of him in the contest. 95 was the year that Ronnie Abston placed 2nd in the Lt Heavies ( he never took an overall, just 2nd and 3rd placer.)

The Beef

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 12:40:20 AM »
but he called it syntrol

search misc.fitness and misc.fitness.weights on google groups
yup, I think it was Sythrol or Syntrol but the name was copyrighted so he had to change it. IMO Flex started using it in 92-93. Not many people knew about it at that point. Hoeberl came to the WSM scene with loaded arms but no one knew WTF was up.

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 04:19:45 AM »
A couple of notes:

Manfred Hoeberl used a dozen or so bottles of the oil for his arms.  Whatever you want to call it; syntrol synthol or whatever.  Clark may have started SELLING it commercially- on a large scale - in 96 but Hoeberl was the first "major" to have gone completely nuts over it.  Hoeberl had bicep and tricep shape that just don't appear in humans.  Since no one had seen it before, some people thought that he was just a genetic freak.  He was certainly that, but his biceps were enhanced by Synthol [ The 'oil' ]; he probably got 2 maybe 3 inches extra from it.

THen FLex Wheeler jumped on the bandwagon almost immediately.  Inner back, delts, biceps, calves. 

The "13 inch " comment was hyperbole- exaggeration not intended to be believed - and not meant to be deceptive.  When he wrote that Wheeler had 13 inch calves- he meant that he had pretty small calves. Then suddenly they were monstrous! 

HUrricane - holy smokes man, Wheeler turned pro before 95. He won the Arnold show in 1993 which is when he appeared almost 'other-wordly".  This was his first major win on Synthol.

So Flex Wheeler, in 93 and thereafter, was the first bodybuilder to compete at the Olympia with a Synthol enhanced physique.  And he is probably the most successful person to have used it as he raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars from contest winnings, and then posing fees ( based upon those winnings ) - fees that were as inflated as his biceps from the synthol. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 09:21:32 AM »
When Hoeberl walked by the front desk at Gold's Venice, in the summer of 94', we all looked at each other and after he was well past us (he was a good strongman & pretty F-ing big) we all started cracking up... could not stop laughing. We didn't know what was up with his triceps, but we knew something was very wrong & very funny.

It turns out, that he was a pretty cool dude. Silly triceps.. the biceps looked OK.
a

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »
When Hoeberl walked by the front desk at Gold's Venice, in the summer of 94', we all looked at each other and after he was well past us (he was a good strongman & pretty F-ing big) we all started cracking up... could not stop laughing. We didn't know what was up with his triceps, but we knew something was very wrong & very funny.

It turns out, that he was a pretty cool dude. Silly triceps.. the biceps looked OK.

Yeah.   The biceps were passable.  The triceps- as you said- were something else.  Odd shape, hanging there, too much at the head and not enough any where else.  The synthol added 2-3 inches in total circumference of his arm.  He wisely didn't try to get a monster peak on his bicep. 
He was tremendously strong- I remember watching he and GAry Taylor carry the cars using shoulder straps, then in another contest, toss the cinder blocks 30 feet in the air.  GAry was strong as well but was too short to get the boulders on the platform- this is how he lost in one event that I saw.  ( on television )