Author Topic: Your Training Split / Routine  (Read 2025 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Re: Your Training Split / Routine
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2022, 01:50:52 PM »
I use  a couple of different splits....

My go to split is

Day 1: chest and back
Day 2: arms and shoulders
DY 3 : legs
Day 4: rest

Repeat

Im prone to over training. Since i love being in the gym sometimes ill break it down to a 4 day split.

Day 1: chest
Day 2: arms ( biceps triceps forearms)
Day 3: shoulders and back
Day 4: legs

This Llows me to get to the gym but gives each group a longer break between sessions.

Sometimes when I'm short on time I'll breK it down to a 2 day split...

My 2 day split is:

Day 1: limbs - arms and legs
Day 2: torso - chest, shoulders and back

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2022, 02:58:31 PM »
Sun - Off
Mon - Chest / biceps
Tues - Legs
Weds - Off
Thurs - Shoulders / triceps
Fri - Back / abs
Sat - 3-4 hour hiking or biking

Three days a week when i get home from the office i hike 2 miles. Lucky i have legit hiking trails just off the road i live on.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2022, 03:27:14 PM »
I go to the gym knowing which body part or parts I'm going to do and then I just figure it out as I train.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2022, 05:01:02 PM »
Excellent replies.
Interesting to see all the different styles, ideologies with training.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2022, 05:12:24 PM »
Excellent replies.
Interesting to see all the different styles, ideologies with training.

I used to have a pretty set schedule but as I get older I prefer to do what I like and not do what I don’t like so I just wing it. It all works if you train hard.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2022, 05:24:09 PM »
Tue -back /shoulders
Thur chest / 1 bicep exercise 1 tricep
Sat Legs
Sunday  arms
30 minutes walking with a 42 lbs vest either before weights or after depending on mood
Sprint intervals on airdyne at the end of every workout

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2022, 05:24:24 PM »
Mine is extremely complicated. Upper body, lower body. Off. Upper body, lower body. Off. Off.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »
Mine is extremely complicated. Upper body, lower body. Off. Upper body, lower body. Off. Off.

Just like mine!! ;D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2022, 05:36:08 PM »
Calling what you have in your house a "gym" is a bit of a stretch.

No it isn't I have a full set of coated dumbells up to 125lbs they are nicer than what most commercial gyms have. I also have a bench press and a cable crossover and an incline/decline and a preacher and a seated shoulder press and a leg extension and curl all commercial grade that is nicer than what they have at the commercial gym and outside I have a dip and pullup station. Everything you need is there I even have stands if I really wanted to set up a squat space outside. It's thousands of dollars in equipment and weight all my plates are coated as are my dumbells I have 2 olympic bars and an ez curl bar hundreds of pounds in plates I even have a seated calf raise my equipment is nicer than a lot of commercial gyms

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2022, 05:46:38 PM »
No it isn't I have a full set of coated dumbells up to 125lbs they are nicer than what most commercial gyms have. I also have a bench press and a cable crossover and an incline/decline and a preacher and a seated shoulder press and a leg extension and curl all commercial grade that is nicer than what they have at the commercial gym and outside I have a dip and pullup station. Everything you need is there I even have stands if I really wanted to set up a squat space outside. It's thousands of dollars in equipment and weight all my plates are coated as are my dumbells I have 2 olympic bars and an ez curl bar hundreds of pounds in plates I even have a seated calf raise my equipment is nicer than a lot of commercial gyms
If I had all that, I'd never go to a commercisl gym.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2022, 12:45:26 AM »
I used to have a pretty set schedule but as I get older I prefer to do what I like and not do what I don’t like so I just wing it. It all works if you train hard.

It does. I just happen to be one of those people. I love routine, OCD.

Up at 3 AM (weekends included)
5:30 AM - Gym
8 AM - Work
4 PM - dinner
7 PM bed (weekends included)

With my workouts, I like to run programs that track strength progress (Wendler 5/3/1 etc).
Follow percentages, build from there, etc. (OCD)

But as everyone here knows, the program that works best is the one you enjoy doing.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2022, 12:49:23 AM »
If I had all that, I'd never go to a commercial gym.

I have an awesome home gym (stared it in 1978) but I still like to go to our neighborhood gym as well.
Excellent environment, Powerlifting friendly (Monolift, chalk, log, every bar imaginable, DBells to 200, etc).

BUT, if I didnt have a great local gym, yeah, I'd never leave my house.
(That one reason why I also go to local gym, I work at home and go nowhere, so I like getting out).

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2022, 02:32:47 AM »

8 AM - Work
4 PM - dinner

With my workouts, I like to run programs that track strength progress (Wendler 5/3/1 etc).

But as everyone here knows, the program that works best is the one you enjoy doing.

You still get 8 hrs of sleep in your old age?  :D

I’m an early riser too but it’s more like 5-6 hours for me and I’m in my 30s.  Wouldn’t mind longer sleep but I feel ok on 5-6 and can’t seem to sleep for longer

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2022, 03:57:10 AM »

Unless you have a complete circuit of the original Arthur Jones built Nautilus machines and the complete catalog of Rogue benches and racks and accessories you can't call it a gym.

Sorry.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2022, 04:24:05 AM »
I have an awesome home gym (stared it in 1978) but I still like to go to our neighborhood gym as well.
Excellent environment, Powerlifting friendly (Monolift, chalk, log, every bar imaginable, DBells to 200, etc).

(That one reason why I also go to local gym, I work at home and go nowhere, so I like getting out).
          nice , what are the weights on those globe dbs. ??? ??? ???
F

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2022, 04:49:28 AM »
Wow lots of bodybuilders here
A

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2022, 05:07:16 AM »
You still get 8 hrs of sleep in your old age?  :D

I’m an early riser too but it’s more like 5-6 hours for me and I’m in my 30s.  Wouldn’t mind longer sleep but I feel ok on 5-6 and can’t seem to sleep for longer

I had sleep issues for 30 years, probably alcohol related.
I now sleep 8 hours a night at least, w/ an hour nap during the day as well...

A THC gummy (1/2 of one) after supper seems to help, helps w/ pain recovery as well.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2022, 05:08:07 AM »
Unless you have a complete circuit of the original Arthur Jones built Nautilus machines and the complete catalog of Rogue benches and racks and accessories you can't call it a gym.

Sorry.

:D :D :D :D :D

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2022, 05:11:27 AM »
          nice , what are the weights on those globe dbs. ??? ??? ???

Funk, all different. I got a 260 lb solid globe (Ciavatone Bell), Two Iron Masters (Osmo) Aluminum and Cast-Iron, and that giant one bottom left is from Richard. (Sorin).
Its hollow/shot-filled... I have random Yorks, and Jacksons (globes) as well. (As well as many unmarked ones).

Im staring to downsize some of that stuff. After what happened to Reuben and BonDurant (leaving a house filled w/ Iron for the family to deal with), I dont want to do that..

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2022, 06:45:28 AM »
Funk, all different. I got a 260 lb solid globe (Ciavatone Bell), Two Iron Masters (Osmo) Aluminum and Cast-Iron, and that giant one bottom left is from Richard. (Sorin).
Its hollow/shot-filled... I have random Yorks, and Jacksons (globes) as well. (As well as many unmarked ones).

Im staring to downsize some of that stuff. After what happened to Reuben and BonDurant (leaving a house filled w/ Iron for the family to deal with), I dont want to do that..
you have some nice stuff.   I bought stuff off both Reuben and mike. mike was fairly old but Reuben died pretty young and unexpectedly.
F

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2022, 10:17:13 AM »
Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Back/Shoulders
Day 4: Triceps and bit of legs again, abs, calves
Day 5: Biceps and bit of chest, abs

Then go back to day 1. No rest days unless on vacation.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2022, 10:20:08 AM »
No it isn't I have a full set of coated dumbells up to 125lbs they are nicer than what most commercial gyms have. I also have a bench press and a cable crossover and an incline/decline and a preacher and a seated shoulder press and a leg extension and curl all covered in dust commercial grade that is nicer than what they have at the commercial gym and outside I have a dip and pullup station. Everything you need is there I even have stands if I really wanted to set up a squat space outside. It's thousands of dollars in equipment and weight all my plates are coated as are my dumbells I have 2 olympic bars and an ez curl bar hundreds of pounds in plates I even have a seated calf raise my equipment is nicer than a lot of commercial gyms

fixed

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2022, 10:27:42 AM »

Impressive.

I had a decent home gym at my last house. Not nearly as good as yours.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2022, 12:28:09 PM »

8 AM - Work
4 PM - dinner

I go to bed at 3am wake up at 11am, never was a morning person.
T

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2022, 12:43:09 PM »

Sweet garage gym. I see you’re also a fan of Ivanko plates. All of my stuff is from Craig’s List other than the rack. I still end up in the commercial gym more than my garage. Especially during the summer months. I swear the dumbbells feel heavier when there's no one around.