Author Topic: How do you really feel about you're local gym?  (Read 1159 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
How do you really feel about you're local gym?
« on: February 10, 2007, 07:12:06 AM »
I alway's loved Golds Venice.  Even though it is not huge, the Vibe is usually great; however, when I moved here to Las Vegas, I joined Las Vegas Athletic Club.  It has 5 locations here, and 3 of them are huge, and have the most up to date equipment as well as machines.  I ran into Jay Cutler at the grocery store, and he talked me into trying Gold's here, and I don't like it.  LVAC is much better, the chicks are hotter, Its bigger, more and better cardio equipment, a pool and a rubber track to run.  I still hit Golds for a change in pace, and I use the vacation pass to goto golds in Venice.

Where you from and what gym is best in you're area?
Most are all show no go!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: How do you really feel about you're local gym?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 08:07:10 AM »
im in europe. train at an old hardcore cellar gym. 2 bikes is the only cardio machines. most who train their compete. maybe 5-6 women all in all, all compete in bodybuilding. no fitness girls. no fitness guys. dumbbells goes up to 90kgs. free chalk. 80's metal in the speakers. 5-6 machines rest free weights.

needless to say, great gym  :D and if sarcasm trained here he would be the one made fun of.
Z

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:51 AM »
im in europe. train at an old hardcore cellar gym. 2 bikes is the only cardio machines. most who train their compete. maybe 5-6 women all in all, all compete in bodybuilding. no fitness girls. no fitness guys. dumbbells goes up to 90kgs. free chalk. 80's metal in the speakers. 5-6 machines rest free weights.

needless to say, great gym  :D and if sarcasm trained here he would be the one made fun of.

Sure pluto ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:24:28 AM »
I alway's loved Golds Venice.  Even though it is not huge, the Vibe is usually great; however, when I moved here to Las Vegas, I joined Las Vegas Athletic Club.  It has 5 locations here, and 3 of them are huge, and have the most up to date equipment as well as machines.  I ran into Jay Cutler at the grocery store, and he talked me into trying Gold's here, and I don't like it.  LVAC is much better, the chicks are hotter, Its bigger, more and better cardio equipment, a pool and a rubber track to run.  I still hit Golds for a change in pace, and I use the vacation pass to goto golds in Venice.

Where you from and what gym is best in you're area?
hahahahaha, yeah right, i'm sure Jay Cutler took time out of his day to try to get some scrub to join Gold's. ::) hahahahaha, and Michael Jordan tried to get me to come to his new restaurant, hahahaha.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:26:14 AM »
there is a golds gym opening here in a little less than a month.  the place is beyond huge, from what i can tell from the outside.  3 levels.  im excited to try it out.  there is a ballys right by there, which im sure all the people there will migrate to golds, but that ballys is more of a social club than a gym anyways. 
F

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 08:30:50 AM »
hahahahaha, yeah right, i'm sure Jay Cutler took time out of his day to try to get some scrub to join Gold's. ::) hahahahaha, and Michael Jordan tried to get me to come to his new restaurant, hahahaha.

Well, just because they both own championship titles, that doesn't mean they're on an equal financial footing.  ;D

That said: Like Jay gives a shit where he blasts his monster 14 inch arms. hahahaha

body88

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »
Golds downtown Boston

Bayshore athletic club ( awesome gym )

Golds south "southie" Boston

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 08:57:48 AM »

...just basically described MY gym which I co-own on Chicagos southside.

I have 4 cardio pieces though.

Quick funny story.  Jay came to guest pose in Chicago recently...he was with a couple promoters of the show and they went to a local chain gym around here. XSport Fitness. Hahahahaha...the 'manager' didn't know who he was and tried to make him buy a 'day pass' for $10. When told who he was 'the manager' said..."well...I need his ID and I need him to sign this waiver and..."

Hahahahahaha!  Bodybuilders are celebrities my hairy scar-tissued ass!
?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »

hahahahaa, just the fact that you had to include me in your post shows that i own your thoughts.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 09:04:01 AM »
hahahahaa, just the fact that you had to include me in your post shows that i own your thoughts.

nah i just find it funny thay you on one hand claim you're serious about your training, yet train and some dump that mostly attract teenagers and women and this makes you feel like a big man because you can outlift them  ::)

if you trained at a real gym you wouldnt say shit.
Z

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 09:04:28 AM »
Quick funny story.  Jay came to guest pose in Chicago recently...he was with a couple promoters of the show and they went to a local chain gym around here. XSport Fitness. Hahahahaha...the 'manager' didn't know who he was and tried to make him buy a 'day pass' for $10. When told who he was 'the manager' said..."well...I need his ID and I need him to sign this waiver and..."

Hahahahahaha!  Bodybuilders are celebrities my hairy scar-tissued ass!

Well, just to play the devil's advocate for a moment: Who said that Mr. Olympia gets to work out free at any gym in the continental United States? Or that he wouldn't be dick enough to sue a fitness chain for lost income and "mental distress" if his long-abused rotator cuff just happened to give out while he was showboating for the two muscle schmoes in attendance that day?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 09:09:43 AM »

Pics please.