Author Topic: Training only works when your overeating putting on weight HARDCORE TRUTH  (Read 4027 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
As a natural - presuming you have been lifting hard for many years, at a certain point you reach a genetic ceiling.   No matter how much you eat, no matter how heavy you lift, you won't put any more muscle on.   Its over.

The key is to realize when or near to when you reach that point and adjust training priorities. 

I remember getting fat strong in mid thirties and would be pushing a lot of weight.  However, once I dieted off all the fat, I didnt gain any more muscle since I had already reached my genetic potential prior to that bulking period.  It was a waste of time and only put my in danger of risking injuries (thankfully didnt happen) 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
This is so valid. I took yesterday off from lifting and my morning weight went up significantly today. I have been having some tendonitis as well going to take another day to eat and rest and recover see if it happens again.
Same here but i dont do drugs or roids just some beer..

Its like voltage potential goes down with every set , we get overworked and underfed ....
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
As a natural - presuming you have been lifting hard for many years, at a certain point you reach a genetic ceiling.   No matter how much you eat, no matter how heavy you lift, you won't put any more muscle on.   Its over.

The key is to realize when or near to when you reach that point and adjust training priorities. 

I remember getting fat strong in mid thirties and would be pushing a lot of weight.  However, once I dieted off all the fat, I didnt gain any more muscle since I had already reached my genetic potential prior to that bulking period.  It was a waste of time and only put my in danger of risking injuries (thankfully didnt happen)
i look skinny fat at 350  i d like to test my strenth at 380 . Im lifetime natty and its a challenge to eat as much as i do
A

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I beg to differ, in the sense that what people THINK their genetic ceiling is vs. what it actually is are two different things entirely.

Even in my late 40s, I'm moving weights that I could barely budge in my teens and 20s. Far too often, we get stuck in a rut and don't make adjustments in our diet and training styles, based on age and activity.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I beg to differ, in the sense that what people THINK their genetic ceiling is vs. what it actually is are two different things entirely.

Even in my late 40s, I'm moving weights that I could barely budge in my teens and 20s. Far too often, we get stuck in a rut and don't make adjustments in our diet and training styles, based on age and activity.

Yes but you are not putting on any more muscle at a certain point. You are just getting fatter.   As you get older , you also have to consider risk v reward.   A bad shoulder or back injury can put you out for a long time for very little reward.   

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus

Good post.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Maybe the only way to increase strength is by increasing body weight and increasing blood pressure. All these steroids and anabolic compounds, that's what they do, they make you gain water and blood pressure, and that's your strength. It's all just basic mechanics. How else would you get stronger, by magic or something? Think about it.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
We limit ourselves we create our own ceilings you have to believe in yourself you have so much more than you think

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We limit ourselves we create our own ceilings you have to believe in yourself you have so much more than you think

Do you think you are able or capable of benching or squatting 1000 lbs each?  Yes, no, and if No - why not?  If yes, why have you not been able to do that?   

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Do you think you are able or capable of benching or squatting 1000 lbs each?  Yes, no, and if No - why not?  If yes, why have you not been able to do that?

You are missing the concept. You have a limit for yourself in your mind. Perhaps it is what some FFMI calculator told you. Or it is the strongest you have ever been or it is another 10lbs of muscle. Perhaps it doesn't just apply to training but other aspects of your life as well. These limits are not real but self imposed. You can give more you can work harder you can go much farther than you realize. The first step is belief stop limiting yourself and start believing in yourself those walls we hit those limits we can not pass. They are in our minds the body can do more the mind can do more you have much more to give than you know. The goals you decided were unattainable unreachable the ones life taught you were not going to be possible. The childish dreams. They are possible don't give up yet you are not dead yet. Keep going old age injury disease kids life family work time money all that shit be damned put that shit on your shoulders like Atlas get on track and get up that mountain.

Nothing is over I live today

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I understand the concept - and then there is reality and physics.

You are missing the concept. You have a limit for yourself in your mind. Perhaps it is what some FFMI calculator told you. Or it is the strongest you have ever been or it is another 10lbs of muscle. Perhaps it doesn't just apply to training but other aspects of your life as well. These limits are not real but self imposed. You can give more you can work harder you can go much farther than you realize. The first step is belief stop limiting yourself and start believing in yourself those walls we hit those limits we can not pass. They are in our minds the body can do more the mind can do more you have much more to give than you know. The goals you decided were unattainable unreachable the ones life taught you were not going to be possible. The childish dreams. They are possible don't give up yet you are not dead yet. Keep going old age injury disease kids life family work time money all that shit be damned put that shit on your shoulders like Atlas get on track and get up that mountain.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

moron...

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I understand the concept - and then there is reality and physics.

Eat more and knock the wall down

IroNat

• Getbig V
Bhank makes me want to eat pizza and ice cream.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Bhank makes me want to eat pizza and ice cream.
Don`t forget to eat an entire peach cobbler immediately following your pizza and ice cream..............peach cobbler is the key ingrediant for putting on muscle.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Don`t forget to eat an entire peach cobbler immediately following your pizza and ice cream..............peach cobbler is the key ingrediant for putting on muscle.

Mixing up a peach cobbler, red clay, 15 almond  and one sweet potato shake as we speak.
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I mean seriously though let's talk about it for a second. Soul crusher has thousands of post so has been training a long time and says he got fat strong in his thirties and now believes he is at his genetic limit probably in his 40s I am guessing. Sounds like a lot of us lifted in our 20's to get big got a little fat in our 30s may or may not have been distracted by life some and now in our 40s belive 20 somethign was our genetic limit? Whatever we cut that fat 30 something body to was our peak and we can never do better? It is all downhill from here? I am not so sure.

My first question to Soul Crusher may upset everyone but what is your age height and weight and bf estimate? What was it in your 20's and what was it in your 30's?? If you want to talk about genetic limits we need numbers. Then we can discuss what you are doing and possible changes to get past this barrier. I believe in you. I know it can be done. But we need actual numbers and data to start.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mixing up a peach cobbler, red clay, 15 almond  and one sweet potato shake as we speak.
Good man..................... .drink hearty and prepare to grow!  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I mean seriously though let's talk about it for a second. Soul crusher has thousands of post so has been training a long time and says he got fat strong in his thirties and now believes he is at his genetic limit probably in his 40s I am guessing. Sounds like a lot of us lifted in our 20's to get big got a little fat in our 30s may or may not have been distracted by life some and now in our 40s belive 20 somethign was our genetic limit? Whatever we cut that fat 30 something body to was our peak and we can never do better? It is all downhill from here? I am not so sure.

My first question to Soul Crusher may upset everyone but what is your age height and weight and bf estimate? What was it in your 20's and what was it in your 30's?? If you want to talk about genetic limits we need numbers. Then we can discuss what you are doing and possible changes to get past this barrier. I believe in you. I know it can be done. But we need actual numbers and data to start.

Lol.  I post all my training on this page. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Bhank thinking he can help SC bust through his limits may be the most ridiculous thing we read here today.
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V

Add half a cup of olive oil for Milo of Croton like supergains.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bhank thinking he can help SC bust through his limits may be the most ridiculous thing we read here today.

I clearly have no idea about training properly.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Add half a cup of olive oil for Milo of Croton like supergains.
Oh of course, that goes without saying......as well as a handful of grass clippings.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I clearly have no idea about training properly.

I really wanted to hear how you thought you reached your genetic potential in your 30s and what you believed that number to be. Clearly if you have stopped progressing it is time to consider another approach I already think I see the problem in your very first post. However yes I wanted to get your numbers first so as to provide honest feedback. You don't think I have felt the same way before you can go probably go a lot further but benefit of the doubt lets here what you think is tapping out ones genetic potential

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I really wanted to hear how you thought you reached your genetic potential in your 30s and what you believed that number to be. Clearly if you have stopped progressing it is time to consider another approach I already think I see the problem in your very first post. However yes I wanted to get your numbers first so as to provide honest feedback. You don't think I have felt the same way before you can go probably go a lot further but benefit of the doubt lets here what you think is tapping out ones genetic potential

Again - at a certain point you are no longer going to progress no matter what you do.  Lets ask this again if this were true - why are you not benching 1000 lbs? 

Or why couldnt Usain Bolt run any faster? 

As some point everyone reaches their absolute limit of what is humanely possible to accomplish.   To believe otherwise is pure nonsense.