Author Topic: Hiccups  (Read 1696 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: Hiccups
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 10:31:43 PM »
I've had the hiccups since yesterday afternoon. They won't quit. -Hardly got any sleep last night. If they don't subside by tomorrow, I'll call the doctor. The only thing I've done differently is that I took a Claritin for my allergies which have flared up giving me a constant dry throat that feels like I need to clear it all the time. Between clearing my throat in hiccupping, I been really busy. LOL....although it's not really that funny.  How weird would it be if I'm allergic to the Claritin and that's what's causing me chronic hiccups.

Can't rule out the Covid vaccine.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2021, 11:36:22 PM »
The raspy throat is probably acid reflux/burping related.

Take a GERD if you don't already and at your age you really shouldn't be eating so much rich food.

Thanks, I will hit the store tomorrow for some Pepcid AD.

Not sure how rich Won Ton soup is, which is what I had for dinner last night. I will definitely take your advice under consideration when deciding on what to eat. One thing I think may be a problem is that I've had an affinity to wine Margaritas since the hot weather hit. There is not a ton of alcohol, but all that lime juice is probably not so good. Although I've been drinking them for a few weeks now, maybe this is something that takes awhile before it messes up a persons digestive system. 

Like I mentioned earlier, The hiccupping has subsided and is nothing as bad as it was yesterday or the day before. But, it is definitely worse this evening than it was earlier today. This suggests to me that it is something I am doing wrong during the day.....so it is probably food related.

The raspy throat business has been going on a lot longer than the hiccups. I honestly think it is allergies, because there is a small amount of flem when I cough.

The good news is my annual physical is coming up. At least now I have something to complain about when I see my doctor. Normally he checks my labs, blood pressure, reflexes, looks in my ears and my thoat and tells me I am good to go. Seems like a waste of time.

For those few who have nothing better to offer than your shitty remarks, which no doubt you think are clever and funny, I feel sorry for you. Grow the fuck up. They don't hurt my feelings, but they definitely make you look like imbeciles. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2021, 04:17:50 AM »
The raspy throat is probably acid reflux/burping related.

Take a GERD if you don't already and at your age you really shouldn't be eating so much rich food.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2021, 04:38:20 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2021, 04:56:29 AM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2021, 05:20:37 AM »

I meant to add take a proton pump inhibitor for GERD if you don't already.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2021, 05:41:52 AM »
HIV imo

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2021, 09:08:19 AM »

Not sure how rich Won Ton soup is, which is what I had for dinner last night. I will definitely take your advice under consideration when deciding on what to eat. One thing I think may be a problem is that I've had an affinity to wine Margaritas since the hot weather hit. There is not a ton of alcohol, but all that lime juice is probably not so good. Although I've been drinking them for a few weeks now, maybe this is something that takes awhile before it messes up a persons digestive system. 

Like I mentioned earlier, The hiccupping has subsided and is nothing as bad as it was yesterday or the day before. But, it is definitely worse this evening than it was earlier today. This suggests to me that it is something I am doing wrong during the day.....so it is probably food related.

The raspy throat business has been going on a lot longer than the hiccups. I honestly think it is allergies, because there is a small amount of flem when I cough.

The good news is my annual physical is coming up. At least now I have something to complain about when I see my doctor. Normally he checks my labs, blood pressure, reflexes, looks in my ears and my thoat and tells me I am good to go. Seems like a waste of time.

For those few who have nothing better to offer than your shitty remarks, which no doubt you think are clever and funny, I feel sorry for you. Grow the fuck up. They don't hurt my feelings, but they definitely make you look like imbeciles.

No one cares.

Fuck off and die.

This isn’t Dear Abby.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 03:47:53 PM »
Take the biggest gulp of air u can

Hold it as long as u can

This stretches out the diaphragm or so an NP told me

Works every time

Yup!

When i have a few too many beers i get the hiccups like crazy.

This works.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2021, 06:55:29 PM »
Did you get the Moderna vax?

https://www.ehealthme.com/vs/moderna-covid-vaccine/hiccups/

Well, that was a scary moment....thanks. Yes, I did get the Moderna vaccine. The only thing is that I got it awhile back....probably too long ago to blame my hiccups on it....plus this isn't the first time I've had a problem with hiccups. I had this issue long before COVID was on the radar.

I went all day today with no hiccups until I had a drink. Seems obvious that alcohol is the trigger. Clearly the solution is to stop drinking. Easier said than done. I know this because I have tried to do it more times than I can recall. Obviously without permanent success. Maybe it is time for me to investigate an intervention program. If this is making me sick and I keep doing it once I realize that it is definitely a problem.  A few weeks in Seaside at a recovery program may be just the ticket. I definitely think a change of scene may be the way to go.

And there you have it. Those few of you who can just 'suck lemons', enjoy your field day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2021, 06:56:55 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2021, 06:59:28 PM »
No one cares.

Fuck off and die.

This isn’t Dear Abby.

It is my thread, therefore it is whatever I want it to be. Trust me if there was a way I could ban your stupid ass from posting in my threads I'd do that in a nanosecond.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2021, 07:53:51 PM »
No one cares.

Fuck off and die.

This isn’t Dear Abby.

They gonna get rid of him  ;D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »
Well, that was a scary moment....thanks. Yes, I did get the Moderna vaccine. The only thing is that I got it awhile back....probably too long ago to blame my hiccups on it....plus this isn't the first time I've had a problem with hiccups. I had this issue long before COVID was on the radar.

I went all day today with no hiccups until I had a drink. Seems obvious that alcohol is the trigger. Clearly the solution is to stop drinking. Easier said than done. I know this because I have tried to do it more times than I can recall. Obviously without permanent success. Maybe it is time for me to investigate an intervention program. If this is making me sick and I keep doing it once I realize that it is definitely a problem.  A few weeks in Seaside at a recovery program may be just the ticket. I definitely think a change of scene may be the way to go.

And there you have it. Those few of you who can just 'suck lemons', enjoy your field day.

You realize the MRNA Moderna vaccine is a DNA level change that they don't know what the long term effects are yet?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2021, 08:15:58 PM »
It is my thread, therefore it is whatever I want it to be. Trust me if there was a way I could ban your stupid ass from posting in my threads I'd do that in a nanosecond.

Fuck off.

Die.

Go to hell.

Margie is waiting for you.

Senile old pedo sucker of cocks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2021, 01:56:12 PM »

You realize the MRNA Moderna vaccine is a DNA level change that they don't know what the long term effects are yet?

Any connection I suggested to the vaccine was meant as a joke. I've had issues with hiccups before.....long before COVID or the vaccines for it.

I am convinced now that acid reflux is what has caused it. I just made some dietary adjustments. Time will tell if they work or not. So far today, no hiccups. Had them for awhile late last night and took some Mylanta which calmed them down within a few minutes.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2021, 02:01:01 PM »
Any connection I suggested to the vaccine was meant as a joke. I've had issues with hiccups before.....long before COVID or the vaccines for it.

I am convinced now that acid reflux is what has caused it. I just made some dietary adjustments. Time will tell if they work or not. So far today, no hiccups. Had them for awhile late last night and took some Mylanta which calmed them down within a few minutes.
Your family is really biting the bullet living with you. 
T

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2021, 09:05:01 PM »
Hold your breath and take 9 gulps of water...

works for me...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2021, 05:56:06 AM »
It must be painful.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
It must be painful.

In my case the hiccups are more annoying than painful. However, when they are so bad that it is hard to catch my breath because they are happening one right after the other, that can be painful.....and scary. This episode has subsided completely. Although I've had this happen before, it was several years ago. None of the home remedies I tried worked. Taking a dose of Mylanta made an immediate difference. Now that I am pretty sure one of my triggers is alcohol, I can take steps to reduce the chance of this happening again. Last night, I had only one wine margarita with no negative reaction. So, if I can limit it to one drink, I should be fine.