Author Topic: Whats the story on all those cargo ships just sitting around at sea  (Read 2495 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Whats the story on all those cargo ships just sitting around at sea
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2021, 05:12:37 PM »

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2021, 05:47:17 PM »
In 2019, California Assembly Bill 5 was passed regulating the use of independent truckers (Newsom's hand job to the unions).  This is probably one of the biggest factors affecting the supply chain.  Additionally, close to 40% (if I'm not mistaken) of the country's goods flow through CA and another factor which greatly impacts truckers is the fact that trucks older than 2011 are not allowed in CA.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2021, 06:10:04 PM »
In 2019, California Assembly Bill 5 was passed regulating the use of independent truckers (Newsom's hand job to the unions).  This is probably one of the biggest factors affecting the supply chain.  Additionally, close to 40% (if I'm not mistaken) of the country's goods flow through CA and another factor which greatly impacts truckers is the fact that trucks older than 2011 are not allowed in CA.

You left out the part where trucking companies won't buy new trucks because California outlawed them starting 2035. There are no interstate electric trucks invented that are capable of pulling 80,000 pounds any distance without massive down time.  The Democrats are great at destroying jobs. Too bad all the west coast states are bat shit liberal. They could steal the shipping industry coming from China heading to California. The California regulation is going to cause severe economic problems across the country.

1. No independent truckers allowed. Only Union endorsed companies.
2. No trucks can be used older than 2011
3. Trucking companies don't want to buy new trucks knowing they will be outlawed by 2035 in California. Interstate tractors start at around $140,000 for base models. 
4. No feasible electric tractor trailer exists that can get goods thousands of miles in a reasonable time.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2021, 04:48:32 PM »

All the Chinese junk comes from the west coast. Send them back, we have landfills full of the stuff - all of it built like BIC lighters.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2021, 11:18:45 AM »
 ;)

Saw one of these stickers today at my local grocery store. No saltine crackers...12 foot shelf completely empty except for this sticker.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2021, 02:07:32 PM »
;)

Saw one of these stickers today at my local grocery store. No saltine crackers...12 foot shelf completely empty except for this sticker.

2022 is looking to be considerably worse shortage wise than this year.

The fact world leaders just met and said ‘let’s shutdown more energy plants’ is a sign they are wanting more volume/productivity/consumption decreases.

Stock up on wants but I don’t mean useless dumb shit like the latest iPhone (which Tesla will murder in the near future with their Starlink mobile).

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2021, 07:16:32 PM »
2022 is looking to be considerably worse shortage wise than this year.

The fact world leaders just met and said ‘let’s shutdown more energy plants’ is a sign they are wanting more volume/productivity/consumption decreases.

Stock up on wants but I don’t mean useless dumb shit like the latest iPhone (which Tesla will murder in the near future with their Starlink mobile).

They want world parity as far as living standard for the average person. They've been using boom and bust to rattle capital out of private hands into more and more concentrated pools. The next bust is going to be really bad for small people, but guess who is on the other side of that trade?

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2021, 08:46:18 PM »
im guessing its a union foreman ransom sort of dealings? Im sure its complicated if ports arent accepting wich creates a ripple delay price gouge effect basically

I’m sure it’s that and nothing to do with the big guys 10%

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2021, 08:49:42 PM »
i may be wrong but bleach , masks and gloves and rags to be absolutley sanitary, but shit they can just pressure wash these metal boxes at the ports... Use gov money to hire people to pressure wash. No excuses for such delays but whatever gov excuse people beleive this gross mismanagment

Idk what the end game is but Palosi and newsome seem set on destroying the economy here and it has nothing to do with safety

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2021, 12:56:58 PM »
Nearly 60,000 containers are getting $100 a day storage fine for not moving at Long Beach port. We are now 9 days in.... tick tock.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/58900-long-dwelling-containers-now-on-penalty-clock-in-la-long-beach