Author Topic: Toughest Getbigger  (Read 2209 times)

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
Toughest Getbigger
« on: October 14, 2021, 04:20:09 PM »
Listen, most of us yap at each other, say we could beat each other in a fight, me being probably the most guilty of them all after bhanky.

But really, who do you think would be the absolute toughest getbigger in a fight scenario? I would put my entire welfare check on IrishDave. He is an absolute powerhouse without a stop button, probably has a head like a petrified potato and Ive talked via pm to him about some of his shenanigans. I think he would mow through anyone on this board

A top three in this that no one would think of is Onemorerep. Very very well trained and would dismantle most men.

what you?
"

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Toughest Getbigger
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 04:21:17 PM »
Oldtimer with his Glock 9.

My second choice is Bruce Lee and then Elvis.  Both Honorary Getbiggers.

Elvis knows the Death Touch.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 04:34:39 PM »
Oldtimer with his Glock 9.

My second choice is Bruce Lee and then Elvis.  Both Honorary Getbiggers.

Elvis knows the Death Touch.

no weapons, hand to hand combat only. Fuck the pussies who hide behind their guns
"

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 04:46:18 PM »
no weapons, hand to hand combat only. Fuck the pussies who hide behind their guns

Well, then Bruce Lee.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 04:52:13 PM »
Does beating on women count?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »
Does beating on women count?

Bhunker gonna kaboom  ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 05:16:58 PM »
Suckmymuscle.

This thread is now officially closed.
a

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 05:18:15 PM »
Tysun fury
A

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 05:24:58 PM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 06:22:37 PM »

Can I use a sword at least? 

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 06:25:37 PM »
Can I use a sword at least?

would you settle for a butter knife and a spatula?
"

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 06:53:22 PM »
Listen, most of us yap at each other, say we could beat each other in a fight, me being probably the most guilty of them all after bhanky.

But really, who do you think would be the absolute toughest getbigger in a fight scenario? I would put my entire welfare check on IrishDave. He is an absolute powerhouse without a stop button, probably has a head like a petrified potato and Ive talked via pm to him about some of his shenanigans. I think he would mow through anyone on this board

A top three in this that no one would think of is Onemorerep. Very very well trained and would dismantle most men.

what you?

Hopefully, he'll spare whomever ass he kicks a follow up raping.   ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 06:53:39 PM »
would you settle for a butter knife and a spatula?

Good thing I walk away from fights.  Nothing good can come from winning or losing a fight in the street. Peace to all.

I remember in my younger days one particular incident when I was in college. I was at a huge dance club with three bars many years ago before many of you were born. I was with a  friend who was really good bodybuilder and a bouncer at a couple of clubs. My other friend was harmless guy who couldn't harm a flea.

I was watching the girls dance on the floor bopping to the music  thinking what girl I would ask to dance?  I got shoved from behind. I figured it's a crowded place and these things happen. Damn I was shoved hard again.  I turn around and a guy blows me kiss mocking me. I hooked him perfect three times. The first hit he was out on his feet posing for me for two more follow ups. He hit the floor and was  looking like he was having a fit  trying to get up unsuccessfully.   

Then all hell broke loose. His pack of guy friends were trying to get to me and I saw bar tenders jumping over the bars heading my way. It was a packed club with the typical super loud music and lights. I made a dash to the exit and then walked slow when I got close. I told the bouncers at the door there was a big fight by the dance floor and they ran past me heading to the problem. I sat in my car with the car in in first gear ready to pop the clutch peeling out. It seemed the whole place wanted to kick my ass. Then it happened. What happened was nothing. I was in a dark parking lot and no one knew I was there. Maybe an hour passed and my huge friend was walking toward my car. He said," There was some kind of big fight by the dance floor. Where were you?"  My other friend saw the whole thing. He said, his pack of friends searched the club circling the place looking for you. Even searched the bathroom.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 07:11:17 PM »

what you?

Irish Dave and I are about the same size.

You and I have discussed “dabbling” in the fighting arts via PM.

But let’s be honest here, Matt Canning would beat all of us like a rented mule.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 07:18:30 PM »

Word.  What in the Sam hell happened to Mr. Canning?

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 07:24:21 PM »
TOMMYWISHBONE...... 2000%...the toughest getbigger.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 07:39:19 PM »
Let’s see u hit the bag ashver
A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 07:45:32 PM »
Man, Darren Avey is going to be mega pissed when he sees somebody else started a thread like this.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 08:01:37 PM »
Man, Darren Avey is going to be mega pissed when he sees somebody else started a thread like this.
whi is Darren avey
A

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »
Let’s see u hit the bag ashver

too late I divorced her  :o :o
"

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2021, 08:09:06 PM »

it boils down to I know IrishDave is real,....I obviously dont have a clue if you are real or just a bunch of stories
obviously not saying that negatively, just stating reality
"

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 02:23:41 AM »
Word.  What in the Sam hell happened to Mr. Canning?

Hey, Abraham. Long time, no talk.

I'll be back on Getbig when I get to the size and strength of the average Grtbigger, and the average body fat level [bench/squat/deadlift = 315/405/495 - these are minimums].

And under 15% body fat. I'm probably around 18% body fat now, and I do think I can drop that to somewhere below 15% as I stick to my diet, that I've been very strictly adhering too since June 30th, but will be taking it up a notch stricter.

This is all in advance of competing at the 2022 Canada's Strongest Man u-80kg [u-176.3-lb] contest next summer.

Canada's Strongest Manlet, essentially.

Since I already went up the latter from Thunder Bay's Strongest Manlet, Northwestern Ontario's Strongest Manlet, and Ontario's Strongest Manlet in 2017, but skipped Nationals for personal reasons / life stuff.

I didn't want to go there, and be lackluster, and place 16th to 18th, out of 18 guys.

Top ten would be nice.

They give a 3-lb weight allowance for clothes, and you can weigh-in in your underwear and socks, so you can be 179-lb in contest.

Although they may do 24-hour weigh-ins, and I've never cut weight for a contest...so that may add in a challenge I have no experience with.

I'm prepared to compete and perform against the top manlets at 175-180, off PED's. But I'll be at a disadvantage if the guys weigh over 190, and are on sauce.

I'm hoping it's just a 3-hour weigh-in. I've done that a dozen times before. I'm just worried I'll screw up on that cut.

I got excited when I found out that they actually had some weird socially distanced Nationals last year, and the 3rd place finisher in my contest is from my city - I also beat him the two times we competed, and I think I can beat him now.

He holds the u-80kg Circus Dumbbell record in Canada at 153.6-lb, but then doubled 168.4-lb in the gym a month later, but may have been offseason and over 200-lb at the time [I'm not sure - and they allow arm sleeves, which I'm sure will help].

I'm pretty sure I could beat both those lifts at that weight. If I can't do it PED-free, I'm confident I could get a 170-lb Circus Dumbbell with some assistance.

Since resuming training, I have been thinking to go the course with no help, but it's disheartening to me to think that even the manlet divisions of all sports are filled with guys on PED's. I hate to have to do that, just because everyone else is - but I'll be 40 in December, and it would be required for me to be the most competitive I can be, if all the other guys are on.

Or maybe I'll just do it without help, and accept where ever I place, even if it's towards the bottom of the pack.

Even if I were to win Strongest Manlet, I can't travel outside of Canada for any subsequent contests because I won't be a lab rat for Big Pharma.

I still read Getbig every day, but I don't want to post any updates until I get back to my lifts pre-Coof19.

I have some ancillary goals for the following six months [all lifts will be at 175-lb body weight, or...close enough]:

- 225x30 bench press [that's the city record, set by 2x Ontario's Strongest Man, Like Skaarup]. If I break his record, he'll just break it again the next day, lol. So I'm just trying to tie it.

- 250x20 bench press.

- 350-lb bench press with gym form, just to beat my previous max of 345, and to do it at 175-lb would be a nice goal to achieve.

I'll be prepared to post an actual worthwhile update in a month or two's time. It's been a bit of an uphill process trying to catch up after Ontario gyms closed for 200+ days straight, due to the current global situation. In fact, at least two good gyms closed in town that I know of, as well as a bunch of CrossFit type studios.

But I'm getting there...just trying not to push an injury at my age, because that would almost definitely take me out of any 2022 Manlet contest ambitions.

Current weight = 178-lb, at probably 18% body fat:

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2021, 02:38:22 AM »
Good thing I walk away from fights.  Nothing good can come from winning or losing a fight in the street. Peace to all.

I remember in my younger days one particular incident when I was in college. I was at a huge dance club with three bars many years go before many of you were born. I was with a  friend who was really good bodybuilder and a bouncer at couple of clubs. My other friend was harmless guy who couldn't harm a flea.

I was watching the girls dance on the floor bopping to the music  thinking what girl I would ask to dance?  I got shoved from behind. I figured it's a crowded place and these things happen. Damn I was shoved hard again.  I turn around and a guy blows me kiss mocking me. I hooked him perfect three times. The first hit he was out on his feet posing for me for two more follow ups. He hit the floor and was  looking like he was having a fit  trying to get up unsuccessfully.   

Then all hell broke loose. His pack of guy friends were trying to get to me and I saw bar tenders jumping over the bars heading my way. It was a packed club with the typical super loud music and lights. I made a dash to the exit and then walked slow when I got close. I told the bouncers at the door there was a big fight by the dance floor and they ran past me heading to the problem. I sat in my car with the car in in first gear ready to pop the clutch peeling out. It seemed the whole place wanted to kick my ass. Then it happened. What happened was nothing. I was in a dark parking lot and no one knew I was there. Maybe an hour passed and my huge friend was walking toward my car. He said," There was some kind of big fight by the dance floor. Where were you?"  My other friend saw the whole thing. He said, his pack of friends searched the club circling the place looking for you. Even searched the bathroom.
That's what most people don't realize about fights.  People who start them usually are armed or have friends to jump you.  No amount of BJJ protects you against 10 guys with knives or guns.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2021, 03:17:09 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2021, 03:40:23 AM »
Darren and Pumpster - prime badasses.