Author Topic: Hunter  (Read 2495 times)

conflicted

• Getbig II
Hunter
« on: October 15, 2021, 04:51:32 PM »
New t-shirts in stock to reflect on his Olympia placing...

webstar

• Getbig V
Re: Hunter
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 04:52:37 PM »
New t-shirts in stock to reflect on his Olympia placing...

Maybe he is giving stock/crypto advice?

Buy the dip?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 05:37:10 PM »
A while back I wrote about how you could tell pros put large volumes of gear in their glutes.

Look at Hunter's upper glutes in the rear double.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVD2jA7r0NX/?utm_medium=copy_link

I don't know if they use some crappy gear or what but it doesn't look like mere 3cc shots to me.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 05:44:52 PM »
A while back I wrote about how you could tell pros put large volumes of gear in their glutes.

I don't know if they use some crappy gear or what but it doesn't look like mere 3cc shots to me.

maybe he should try injecting some in his pecs next time

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 07:09:55 PM »

Yeah you’re right. Doesn’t look like a knot just a lot of volume in the inject area.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 04:56:31 AM »
Hunter Biden?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 05:25:34 AM »
Hunter Biden?

No a different Hunter who also lives off his dad and gets favors due to politics.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 03:04:30 PM »
No a different Hunter who also lives off his dad and gets favors due to politics.
That must be why I get them mixed up.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 05:19:57 PM »
Why do they always dress like children

His father should tell him get a fitted collared shirt

A child’s brain

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 06:23:43 PM »

Holy. I wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't posted it.

I wonder how his dad feels having competed at around 175-lb, and presumably running far less gear [given that he was about the only bodybuilder who didn't shrink massively at the 1990 Mr. Olympia], and seeing his son competed at 240-lb or whatever he is, in this era of far more dangerous bodybuilding.

You'd think with all these new divisions, that Lee would rather see Hunter compete in one of those, rather than take the health risks associated with men's open bodybuilding.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 06:30:48 PM »
Holy. I wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't posted it.

I wonder how his dad feels having competed at around 175-lb, and presumably running far less gear [given that he was about the only bodybuilder who didn't shrink massively at the 1990 Mr. Olympia], and seeing his son competed at 240-lb or whatever he is, in this era of far more dangerous bodybuilding.

You'd think with all these new divisions, that Lee would rather see Hunter compete in one of those, rather than take the health risks associated with men's open bodybuilding.

Or maybe Lee is one of those dads who berates his kid for not going hard enough.

Lee was jacked on insulin and gh for his last shows, quite big for him. Prior to 1990 there was very little gh on the market and insulin wasn't really used so he was "small." Flea Labrada Haney called him.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 06:48:38 PM »
Nick Walker looked better than pec tear Hunter Labrada, srs

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 07:25:30 PM »

Hunter's main problem was looking bloofy and sweating something crazy (sign of not being dry). Otherwise he is pretty good.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 07:28:28 PM »
Dude is under 30 and has a horrible pec tear already. Basically branch Warren but 10 years earlier.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 08:12:03 PM »
Dude is under 30 and has a horrible pec tear already. Basically branch Warren but 10 years earlier.

Brutal.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 08:27:34 PM »

I don't think the pec tear is bad enough that it would even prevent him from winning the O if the rest was superior. Levrone tore his badly very early in his career and most think he is one of the best ever, a few even think he is the best ever.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 08:49:44 PM »
Hunter's main problem was looking bloofy and sweating something crazy (sign of not being dry). Otherwise he is pretty good.
Walker buries him. It's not even close

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 09:00:04 PM »
Or maybe Lee is one of those dads who berates his kid for not going hard enough.

Lee was jacked on insulin and gh for his last shows, quite big for him. Prior to 1990 there was very little gh on the market and insulin wasn't really used so he was "small." Flea Labrada Haney called him.

LOL...I remember reading that Lee used to call him that. I don't recall seeing him ever say that in a video, but I read that before.

Is it true that prior to around 1988, they used to get GH from rhesus macaque monkeys, and it could cause some rare brain disease in humans that could take up to twenty years to emerge?

🐒

Or was it that GH used to be extracted from human cadavers or something? Could be a myth, but Todd Ganci said that in 2004, in n anti-steroid propaganda video that he did.

Also, how do you pronounce macaque?

I could see Lee being that way. You have to think with his net worth being so high from his company still going strong, that there is no financial reason why Hunter would need to risk his health. He probably looks at Hunter as having inherited his bodybuilding genetics from him, and possibly competes vicariously through Hunter.

I know that Sergio Oliva Sr. wanted Junior to have NOTHING to do with bodybuilding, and Junior said he had to literally flee Illinois to pursue bodybuilding. It must be pretty cool to have elite genetics like that, and find herself jacked just from doing pushups, and knowing what your dad achieved...it makes sense that there would be these examples of sons of bodybuilders pursuing bodybuilding too.

I think Arnold's son with the maid really wants to take after Arnold. I think you can tell how much he admires his dad.

Arnold gets a lot of flak on here [rightfully so], but he is honestly the best maid-fucking bodybuilder, bar none.

Although I think Biden could beat him with the right cycle of dementia meds, and some Tren.

In this video, you can see how disappointed Mike Christian was losing to Lee. Go to the 1:40 mark, and you can see his disappointment was palpable:

This may be blasphemy to say in some bodybuilding circles...but I think Mike should have placed 3rd there.

Honestly, I did previously think Lee was deserving of 3rd due to his conditioning...but Christian was 245-lb there at around 6'1.5", and was absolutely ripped to shreds. I don't think conditioning would have been the reason to give 3rd to Lee. It must have been aesthetics or completeness of the physique. I don't think anyone would deny that Lee bested Mike Christian on aesthetics.

But if aesthetics matter so much, why give Gaspari 2nd place?

Mike's facial expression makes me think that in his mind, he thought of that contest as a fight for 2nd place with Gaspari. I don't think he would have thought he could beat Lee, and he possibly thought he edged out Gaspari for 2nd. So placing 4th was a tough pill to swallow if I'm right about that, and you can see it on his face.

I didn't know Lee was so huge later in his competitive career. I seem to vaguely recall that he retired from competing in 1996, still placing well. I'd have to check out the pics.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »

During the Arnold Classic, Arnold put Walker’s leg veins on blast.

2 weeks later, Arnold’s words may have influenced the Olympia judges.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 09:19:20 PM »

I think Arnold's son with the maid really wants to take after Arnold. I think you can tell how much he admires his dad.

I think Arnold has told his son that he will not tolerate him taking any steroids. At least that's what I imagine. The guy looks totally natural.

The gh was cadaver derived called Crescormon I think. Then came the first recombinant gh, Protropin in 1985 I think. But the doses the pros could afford did nothing much I imagine.
I actually know one pro who used cadaver gh from Russia in the early 2000s.

Lee had some bloof and size on him at the end. Not absolutely huge but there was a new dimension compared to  earlier. Even the glutes showed bigger injection knots.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 09:36:09 PM »
Levrone tore his badly very early in his career and most think he is one of the best ever, a few even think he is the best ever.

Yes.

Levrone, for starters.  ;D

Was Kev's pec tear really that bad?

Judging from pictures, it almost looks like that's just the structure of his chest. He recovered sufficiently post-tear, and maybe that's why it was so unnoticeable. With Hunter, it's slightly more obvious, but I think can still be hidden.

I think Hunter may even be able to flex his other pec only, so as not to draw attention to the tear. And obviously do the side chest pose on the other side.

I asked Toney Freeman how he was able to recover from his pec tear [which looked to be a bigger tear than Levrone's], because I didn't think it was very noticeable either, and he said that over time, he was able to build the muscle in the torn pec, and it made it did make it less noticeable. Prior to that, I thought that a torn pec could never really be improved, but maybe only sort of hidden.

Toney was also able to do very well with a pec tear, perhaps for the reasons he mentioned. Maybe he learned to pose in a way that didn't draw attention to it [meanwhile, I think Art Atwood had an injured hamstrings in one contest, and I seem to recall him doing the side chest on the side with the injury - and FLEX Magazine once had a cover with Frank McGrath, where the triceps featured on the cover was the one he pulled, lol.

You'd think a photographer would notice that, or Frank would have said something, but no.

One torn pec that was bad was Johnny Fuller's [who would do dumb shit like diet on onions, and sleep in garbage bags pre-contest, and so like 105 sets for arms, lol - it makes me wonder if some of these guys only make it to that level because of elite genetics, with some of the things they do].

Bertil Fox had literally some of the most uneven cadence in the history while dumbbell bench pressing with heavy weight, yet never had any injury besides a minor tweak in his back.

I think you're right about Hunter being able to possibly win the Mr. Olympia despite his pec tear. As long as he's mindful of it, and doesn't aggravate the tear, at least.

Can Hunter flex his left arm less harder in this pose, to draw less attention to the torn pec?:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU1KjAIgKmk/

Kev looks great here in 2000, and the tear is barely discernible:

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2021, 02:55:29 AM »
LOL...I remember reading that Lee used to call him that. I don't recall seeing him ever say that in a video, but I read that before.

Is it true that prior to around 1988, they used to get GH from rhesus macaque monkeys, and it could cause some rare brain disease in humans that could take up to twenty years to emerge?

🐒

Or was it that GH used to be extracted from human cadavers or something? Could be a myth, but Todd Ganci said that in 2004, in n anti-steroid propaganda video that he did.

Also, how do you pronounce macaque?

I could see Lee being that way. You have to think with his net worth being so high from his company still going strong, that there is no financial reason why Hunter would need to risk his health. He probably looks at Hunter as having inherited his bodybuilding genetics from him, and possibly competes vicariously through Hunter.

I know that Sergio Oliva Sr. wanted Junior to have NOTHING to do with bodybuilding, and Junior said he had to literally flee Illinois to pursue bodybuilding. It must be pretty cool to have elite genetics like that, and find herself jacked just from doing pushups, and knowing what your dad achieved...it makes sense that there would be these examples of sons of bodybuilders pursuing bodybuilding too.

Arnold gets a lot of flak on here [rightfully so], but he is honestly the best maid-fucking bodybuilder, bar none.

Although I think Biden could beat him with the right cycle of dementia meds, and some Tren.

In this video, you can see how disappointed Mike Christian was losing to Lee. Go to the 1:40 mark, and you can see his disappointment was palpable:

This may be blasphemy to say in some bodybuilding circles...but I think Mike should have placed 3rd there.

Honestly, I did previously think Lee was deserving of 3rd due to his conditioning...but Christian was 245-lb there at around 6'1.5", and was absolutely ripped to shreds. I don't think conditioning would have been the reason to give 3rd to Lee. It must have been aesthetics or completeness of the physique. I don't think anyone would deny that Lee bested Mike Christian on aesthetics.

But if aesthetics matter so much, why give Gaspari 2nd place?

Mike's facial expression makes me think that in his mind, he thought of that contest as a fight for 2nd place with Gaspari. I don't think he would have thought he could beat Lee, and he possibly thought he edged out Gaspari for 2nd. So placing 4th was a tough pill to swallow if I'm right about that, and you can see it on his face.

I didn't know Lee was so huge later in his competitive career. I seem to vaguely recall that he retired from competing in 1996, still placing well. I'd have to check out the pics.
Christian had some major weaknesses like Strydom.  They always looked great from the front.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2021, 03:11:18 AM »

Could it be that, like the rest of his muscles, they are just overly developed? There are tons of places to inject. Your quads are an ideal area to spend out injects. You got three and more sites in each quad, several in the tricep area, a couple in the bis. Guys even inject their traps and lats.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2021, 03:12:50 AM »
Christian had some major weaknesses like Strydom.  They always looked great from the front.

You're right - and you could say that Labrada had the better back, proportionally [pound for pound]. But Christian was 245-lb in 1987, and must have outweighed Labrada by 50-lb or more. And while Christian's back was weaker than Haney's to be sure, I don't think it was a weakness to the degree that Strydom's back was.

Other than back, what would have been Christian's major weaknesses? Hamstrings? His quads seemed ok for such a tall bodybuilder. I always thought of Paul Dillett as Mike Christian V.2.0, but I thought Christian's back was better.

But while there are many examples of smaller [shorter] bodybuilders being legitimately better than bigger bodybuilders [like Kevin Levrone when he beat Gunter Schlierkamp, or even Rich Gaspari at this very Olympia in question, 1987], would you say Lee Labrada was the clear winner between him and Mike Christian here?

Rich told me he was 222-lb at this contest - 12.5 pounds heavier than he was at the 1988 Olympia the following year. But it looked to me like his waist was 2-3" bigger in 1987, and that's where Rich got comments about being blocky, which is why he streamlined his physique for 1988.

But while I can see a 222-lb Gaspari legitimately beating a 245-lb Mike Christian, I just find it a bit harder to look past the weight disparity for Labrada, who was probably 195-lb or less.

I did previously think that Labrada should have won...but do you think it was close?

There's just some times where I find it hard to overlook that much size.

He was also by no means off:

Did you see this contest going to Lee no problem? By the look of Mike's face when his placing was called, he had no doubt he would beat Lee.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 03:32:09 AM »
What was Zane when he was Mr.O, 180lbs?