Author Topic: Newt Gingrich says Spanish a 'ghetto' language  (Read 9208 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Newt Gingrich says Spanish a 'ghetto' language
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 01:08:04 PM »
look mayne..i still dislike bush..NOT cause he went to war...

CAUSE HE SAID WE WENT FOR PHILANTHROPIC REASONS

dont tell me you r going for a good cause when you r going there to make $...

tell me the brutal truth and i'll respect ya and support you..after all ..i live here..

You might be my boy but we will always disagree on this point.
gotta love life

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 01:09:41 PM »
You might be my boy but we will always disagree on this point.

thats what freedom of speech is all about mate!  :)
carpe` vaginum!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 07:42:31 PM »
I think Newt hasn't seen a Hispanic person since he las got some in maritus pussy. Everyone knows that the first generations usually have a hard time learning the language, and it's usually the 2nd and 3rd generations that close the gap.

Newt's stance has always been the same: Pick on the weak. This guy shows so little moral rectitude that I still find it strange that he hasn't been told to STFU. His statements are, AT BEST, ambiguous. His idea of America scares the bejesus out of my cojones.

Newt, STFU and get pussified.

Happy Pissover everone (or is it Junkie Poor?).

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »
[...]when in rome..you acclimate to what the romans do..NOt try acclimate rome to YOU[...]

Wasn't that what the pilgrims told the indians? I believe Alastair Smith told Chief Massachussett something to that effect... If so, where is it that we stop the ball from rolling? Now? 50 years from now? Better yet, let's ignore reality and think to ourselves that close to 30% of Americans do not USE English as their primary language. Even better, let's ignore reality.

SMD.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 08:04:15 PM »
All this Rah Rah, learn english xenophobia is great for jerking yourselves off, ...but has any one of you stopped to consider what a disadvantage you place yourselves in?

We're in a global economy, and if you think Mexicans are taking American jobs now, ...wait until full globalization takes place. Wait until you force Spanish or other speaking individuals to be fully conversant and literate in English. As someone who lives in an officially bi-lingual country, and who operates a global business, I can tell you first hand that languages open up an entirely new world for people. For years we had Anglophones complaining about how all the good jobs went to the French. It was simply because most Francophones had the ability to operate in 2 languages.

Most people in most countries speak a number of languages. Most Europeans speak 4 or more. it's only you Americans that are unilingual. You keep spreading your English only rhetoric and you will raise an entire generation of kids at a severe disadvantage. If you think corporate America will be loyal to you because you are "American" think again. You will be tossed out like yesterdays trash. It's already happening. Your education system is in the toilet, and in a few years, you will have an entire generation ill equipped to operate in a global economy, ...unless we're talking about having a Mcjob. American workers will become the international equivalent of fast food workers. Get your kids to start practicing now "Would you like fries with that?" because that's all they'll be able to do.

So you go on and force foreigners to improve their language skills and surpass you. Go ahead.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »
All this Rah Rah, learn english xenophobia is great for jerking yourselves off, ...but has any one of you stopped to consider what a disadvantage you place yourselves in?

We're in a global economy, and if you think Mexicans are taking American jobs now, ...wait until full globalization takes place. Wait until you force Spanish or other speaking individuals to be fully conversant and literate in English. As someone who lives in an officially bi-lingual country, and who operates a global business, I can tell you first hand that languages open up an entirely new world for people. For years we had Anglophones complaining about how all the good jobs went to the French. It was simply because most Francophones had the ability to operate in 2 languages.

Most people in most countries speak a number of languages. Most Europeans speak 4 or more. it's only you Americans that are unilingual. You keep spreading your English only rhetoric and you will raise an entire generation of kids at a severe disadvantage. If you think corporate America will be loyal to you because you are "American" think again. You will be tossed out like yesterdays trash. It's already happening. Your education system is in the toilet, and in a few years, you will have an entire generation ill equipped to operate in a global economy, ...unless we're talking about having a Mcjob. American workers will become the international equivalent of fast food workers. Get your kids to start practicing now "Would you like fries with that?" because that's all they'll be able to do.

So you go on and force foreigners to improve their language skills and surpass you. Go ahead.
Considering social forces and class, even if poor HIspanics learn english, thwy will not surpass native Americans.  Secondly, we just need to boot the assholes out and that will make employers more likely to seek out AMERICAN wage workers who will no doubt get at least minimum wage because they are LEGAL and protected under the law.  While it will likely increase cost of goods, the consumers will still buy.  That is just my opinion and I'm sure you will tell me I'm wrong but that is how I see it.  If we Americans went to another country and never learned the language, we would not survive but we let Mexicans thrive.  Hmmm...
Squishy face retard

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 08:20:09 PM »
Newt Gingrich says Spanish a 'ghetto' language

Associated Press
April 3, 2007, 12:00 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich equated bilingual education with "the language of living in a ghetto" and mocked requirements that ballots be printed in multiple languages.

"The government should quit mandating that various documents be printed in any one of 700 languages depending on who randomly shows up" to vote, said Gingrich, who is considering seeking the Republican presidential nomination in 2008. He made the comments in a speech to the National Federation of Republican Women.

"The American people believe English should be the official language of the government. ... We should replace bilingual education with immersion in English so people learn the common language of the country and they learn the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto," Gingrich said on Saturday to cheers from the crowd of more than 100.

"Citizenship requires passing a test on American history in English. If that's true, then we do not have to create ballots in any language except English," he said.

Peter Zamora, co-chair of the Washington-based Hispanic Education Coalition, which supports bilingual education, said, "The tone of his comments was very hateful. Spanish is spoken by many individuals who do not live in the ghetto."

Why do I have this feeling the AP took his words out of context?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 08:32:51 PM »
Good thing he didn't attack ebonics...whew!  Dodged a bullet with that one.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 08:37:01 PM »

Because then even you would have had to admit that was a pretty offensive thing to say.  ;D
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 09:12:56 PM »
Considering social forces and class, even if poor HIspanics learn english, thwy will not surpass native Americans.  Secondly, we just need to boot the assholes out and that will make employers more likely to seek out AMERICAN wage workers who will no doubt get at least minimum wage because they are LEGAL and protected under the law.  While it will likely increase cost of goods, the consumers will still buy.  That is just my opinion and I'm sure you will tell me I'm wrong but that is how I see it.  If we Americans went to another country and never learned the language, we would not survive but we let Mexicans thrive.  Hmmm...

Wow! Well said.

What people forget is that the US will still have a steady supply of LEGAL immigrants through LEGAL immigration. I think the US is tops when it comes to letting people in LEGALLY. We'll be replacing illegal mexicans with asians who'll better prepare us to compete in the world economy!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 09:17:30 PM »
Wow! Well said.

What people forget is that the US will still have a steady supply of LEGAL immigrants through LEGAL immigration. I think the US is tops when it comes to letting people in LEGALLY. We'll be replacing illegal mexicans with asians who'll better prepare us to compete in the world economy!

While native born Americans with their uni-lingual language skills are relegated to McJobs.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 09:18:52 PM »
While native born Americans with their uni-lingual language skills are relegated to McJobs.

Hey! I'm learning spanish and I'm downloading Rosetta Stone! LET THEM CHINKS COME AS CAMEL WILL BE READY!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 09:36:11 PM »
Hey! I'm learning spanish and I'm downloading Rosetta Stone! LET THEM CHINKS COME AS CAMEL WILL BE READY!

Are you a native born American, ...or are you a naturalized immigrant from elsewhere?
w

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »
I think Newt hasn't seen a Hispanic person since he las got some in maritus pussy. Everyone knows that the first generations usually have a hard time learning the language, and it's usually the 2nd and 3rd generations that close the gap.

Newt's stance has always been the same: Pick on the weak. This guy shows so little moral rectitude that I still find it strange that he hasn't been told to STFU. His statements are, AT BEST, ambiguous. His idea of America scares the bejesus out of my cojones.

Newt, STFU and get pussified.

Happy Pissover everone (or is it Junkie Poor?).

Yes, but they don't demand bilingual education in school like what is giong on now in cali...also the govt didnt shell out shitloads of our tax money for ESL (english as a second language) programs in schools.  You learned it on your own time and your own dime
Valhalla awaits.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 09:44:06 PM »
Because then even you would have had to admit that was a pretty offensive thing to say.  ;D

........I'm sorry, what were those phrases that Jesse Jackson, Farrakan and Sharpton used to describe white's and Jew's that the media never made a big deal out of??

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 09:58:45 PM »
Wasn't that what the pilgrims told the indians? I believe Alastair Smith told Chief Massachussett something to that effect... If so, where is it that we stop the ball from rolling? Now? 50 years from now? Better yet, let's ignore reality and think to ourselves that close to 30% of Americans do not USE English as their primary language. Even better, let's ignore reality.

SMD.

hey i didn't wanna offend anyone..but my mums english ws bad..she took classes after she moved..its the proper thing to do..
carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »
I think Spanish is a legit and beautiful language... Should we be forced to speak it to accommodate Spanish speaking peoples, hell no...  A ghetto language?  come on... Newt is truly a fruit.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 10:01:47 PM »
I think Spanish is a legit and beautiful language... Should we be forced to speak it to accommodate Spanish speaking peoples, hell no...  A ghetto language?  come on... Newt is truly a fruit.

You obviously missed my last post!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 10:18:52 PM »
You obviously missed my last post!
You obviously missed my point?  How does your last post relate whatsoever to my observation?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 11:03:20 PM »
........I'm sorry, what were those phrases that Jesse Jackson, Farrakan and Sharpton used to describe white's and Jew's that the media never made a big deal out of??

I recall a huge deal years ago when Jackson referred to NYC as "Hymie Town". I thought it was a pretty classless & offensive comment then, ...and my opinion hasn't changed. As for Farrakhan, I couldn't tell you. The media has a tendency to ignore what he actually says in favour of paraphrasing and loose blanket statements denouncing him as anti-semitic. As for Sharpton, ...who the heck listens to anything he says? ???

But your attempt to deflect is really rather weak. It's like saying "So what if we caught Dahmer chomping down on a thigh bone. Idi Amin ate people too, ...and nobody cared about that." Jackson, Farrakan, or Sharpton aren't running for Presidential nomination.  Gingrich is. ...and you have to admit, that's a pretty messed up thing to say.

...or are you waiting to hear what Rush has to say about it first before venturing out with an opinion of such a scenario?
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 01:12:05 AM »

Nothing will ever surpass American ingenuity.  That's why it's called 'American ingenuity'. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 01:16:36 AM »

That being said, Newt should've learned by now that America was built by residents of our 'ghettos'.

I do not support bilingual education initiatives, however.  It would be a mistake to cater to our Spanish-speaking population in that way.  It would be UNAMERICAN, and people come from all over the world to become Americans.  We need bilingual instructors, but only for the purpose of bridging the communication gap. 

English only on the ballots.  English only on the money.  English only on the highways. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 05:41:33 AM »

native born americans relegate themselves to McJobs. Ever been to a reservation and see the way 90% of them just soak up the money handed to them with no inclination of improving themselves?
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 04:39:35 AM »
They should toss Enigma out of the military although i never believe these internet warriors are actually in the military.  Most likely a 13 year old kid ranting and playing soldier boy.....   still, hes a piss poor soldier in my book if he is one.

Toss me out of the military? Great!! Rooster, you can replace me anytime you like.

With that in mind, I assume your medically capable of saving lives under horrific conditions?

If not.............STFU.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 05:39:18 AM »

Toss me out of the military? Great!! Rooster, you can replace me anytime you like.

With that in mind, I assume your medically capable of saving lives under horrific conditions?

If not.............STFU.

I love jerking your chain, so damn easy greasy.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo