Author Topic: Col Jack Jacobs on 15 UK captives: "I think they're obviously stupid"  (Read 2637 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
He says they wore communist suits.  Called their behavior disgraceful.   No excuse for the way they acted, before or after their capture.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: Col Jack Jacobs on 15 UK captives: "I think they're obviously stupid"
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 06:31:11 AM »
He says they wore communist suits.  Called their behavior disgraceful.   No excuse for the way they acted, before or after their capture.

did the col say this as he sat in his office sipping tea , waiting on time to go to the theatre to catch a nice show?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 06:49:42 AM »
Honestly I wasn't impressed...they were young and I'm not sure what kinda leadership they had..but they seemed way to chummy with the Iranians.
L

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 07:18:47 AM »
Honestly I wasn't impressed...they were young and I'm not sure what kinda leadership they had..but they seemed way to chummy with the Iranians.

yeah, i probably would have cut one of them, given the chance...

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 07:22:02 AM »

HH6 I posted this the other day, i would like to hear your feelings...

I'm glad these 2 sailors that have "admitted" to being in Iranian waters aren't American. They would be violating the code of conduct by talking, and oh boy that would mean hot water if ever released.
If an American was on there admitting to being in Iranian waters it would probably be viewed that the prisoner was trying to work a deal to hasten his release. Article 5 of the Code of Conduct states that "I will make no oral or written statements that are disloyal to my country or it's allies of the are harmful to their cause".
gotta love life

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 07:23:20 AM »

sure you would.  hahahha
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 07:23:25 AM »

It's something called the Stockholm Syndrome, the hostages getting friendly towards their capturers, sometimes even starting to side with them (see: Patty Hearst).

They will need de-programming, of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

But their behavior is natural, and no reason to blame them for it.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 07:24:48 AM »

LOL

You would have shaken hands with Ahmadinejad, smiled for the cameras, praised the cleanliness of your accomodations, and called for the exit of US troops from Iraq - praying to maintain bowel integrity until the government could negotiate the release of your dumb-enough-to-get-captured ass.

Please.  ;D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 07:27:37 AM »
It's something called the Stockholm Syndrome, the hostages getting friendly towards their capturers, sometimes even starting to side with them (see: Patty Hearst).

-Hedge

I thikn the stockholm syndrome takes longer to develop doesn't it? There was lots of talk in this area about it after those 2 boys were found in STL
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 07:28:45 AM »
LOL

You would have shaken hands with Ahmadinejad, smiled for the cameras, praised the cleanliness of your accomodations, and called for the exit of US troops from Iraq - praying to maintain bowel integrity until the government could negotiate the release of your dumb-enough-to-get-captured ass.

Please.  ;D

and then upon release he would have been tried in America for violating the code of conduct....
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 07:29:42 AM »
and then upon release he would have been tried in America for violating the code of conduct....

As the gun types like to say: Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  :)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 07:32:07 AM »
As the gun types like to say: Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  :)

I know they guys in Nam, would have rather died in that cell of starvation then to have opened their mouths and then been hung for treason in their own USA. Crazy a plane load of Americans can make it 6+ years without talking but them puss Brits talk after day 2
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 07:37:18 AM »
without a doubt, the UK is preparing a story for what happened and why their men were forced to act chummy.

without a doubt, iran will counter this with more video of the sailors having a blast.

in the end, UK will have egg on its face for trying to lie about their soldiers' motives, and inevitably, neotaints here and worldwide will refuse to admit it.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
Their behavior was less than exemplary.

However, I wonder what loyalty they felt to their country/navy when they had to ask persmission to blow the iranians out of the water and were denied, thus leading to their capture.  Pussy british ROE's
Valhalla awaits.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 08:10:11 AM »
Yet another reason why the Brits got their asses handed to them in 1776 and 1812.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 08:13:55 AM »
haha back then they werent pussies.  1812 was a draw, in all fairness.  after WW II they have become more and more pussified, a la France after WW I
Valhalla awaits.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 08:20:04 AM »
Yet another reason why the Brits got their asses handed to them in 1776 and 1812.

haha

S

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »
Nice song!!!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »

<< Don't you just love these meatheads having the gall to criticize the behavior of the military in circumstances that would make them foul their trousers in the first five seconds? I had expected the criticism's of Blair,and wrote about it earlier, but he's a politician and that's part of the game. To actually blame the sailors for surviving is unbelievable to me.

The rightwing is filled with these flatulent armchair warriors, ready to condemn everyone from intrepid reporters to the professional military for cowardice when they are captured by the enemy and fail to behave in what they consider a properly Rambo-esque manner. They seem to think these people should die rather than be taken alive or some other such puerile nonsense. (I guess it explains their hostility to John McCain --- better to be a rich, coke sniffing draft dodger than survive five years in a POW camp.)

These are empty, cruel little boys and girls with serious deficiencies in their characters. They are lost souls, walking this earth without ever learning the meaning of decency, empathy or morality. I suppose this is understandable on some level. The only "lives" they truly value exist only in a womb or a petrie dish. And apparently that's because these wingnuts relate to them --- they are just about as fully human as frozen blastocysts themselves. >>

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/put-scarf-on-your-empty-soul-by-digby.html

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »

-Hedge

Except these were NOT hostages, ...they were arrested for being in Iranian territory without permission.

For all intents & purposes, they were illegal immigrants if ya wanna get technical.

They were NOT hostages. They were under arrest for suspected espionage.

Furthermore, I doubt they were incarcerated long enough for Stockholm Syndrome to come into play.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 08:36:07 PM »

What the heck do they teach you in history classes?

NEWSFLASH: You lost the War of 1812. Sheesh

Why do you think your White House is white? It's because it was burned down.
It was so badly scorched and you couldn't get the burn marks off, you decided to simply whitewash it,
...aka trying to cover it up. Something your country has a lot of experience doing.

Brits got their asses handed to them in 1812? Bwahahahahahaha
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 08:49:49 PM »
What the heck do they teach you in history classes?

NEWSFLASH: You lost the War of 1812. Sheesh

Why do you think your White House is white? It's because it was burned down.
It was so badly scorched and you couldn't get the burn marks off, you decided to simply whitewash it,
...aka trying to cover it up. Something your country has a lot of experience doing.

Brits got their asses handed to them in 1812? Bwahahahahahaha

Wasn't it a negotiated peace?

Otherwise we'd still be a colony.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 09:21:50 AM »
Except these were NOT hostages, ...they were arrested for being in Iranian territory without permission.

For all intents & purposes, they were illegal immigrants if ya wanna get technical.

They were NOT hostages. They were under arrest for suspected espionage.

Furthermore, I doubt they were incarcerated long enough for Stockholm Syndrome to come into play.

The status of the captives isn't the issue.

The Stockholm syndrome describes the phenomenon of when a captive becomes increasingly loyal with his/her captivator.

Whether the person is a soldier from a foreign country held imprisoned, or otherwise, there is always a risk of this Syndrome to occur.

And no. The Stockholm Syndrome doesn't need longer time to develop.

It develops very fast, originally it was coined for a situation in a famous bank robbery gone wrong in Sweden in the 70's, with a hostage situation. I think the drama lasted for 2-3 days or something, at the most.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
I think they violated whatever POW rules they had..not a gross violation...but not something the guys in the Hanoi Hilton would have been happy with. I think the British military is first rate. I think they are very competent and good at what they do. I think they did a great job in Northern Ireland and did well in the south of Iraq until they were forced to deal with an American style tactics they they do not believe in. We are not very good at this sorta thing while the Brits have been doing it pretty well since 1898 or so. Please disregard anything Jag says she has completely flipped.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »
The status of the captives isn't the issue.

The Stockholm syndrome describes the phenomenon of when a captive becomes increasingly loyal with his/her captivator.

Whether the person is a soldier from a foreign country held imprisoned, or otherwise, there is always a risk of this Syndrome to occur.

And no. The Stockholm Syndrome doesn't need longer time to develop.

It develops very fast, originally it was coined for a situation in a famous bank robbery gone wrong in Sweden in the 70's, with a hostage situation. I think the drama lasted for 2-3 days or something, at the most.

-Hedge

Hedge, I'm familiar with Stockholm syndrom, ...I just think there has been more than a few too many who been digesting a steady diet of hate Iran. Or maybe I'm missing something. Can you please explain to me again how those British soldiers were POWs?
w