Author Topic: How can "Rev" Al Sharpton be a Reverend??  (Read 2328 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
How can "Rev" Al Sharpton be a Reverend??
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »
In regards to the latest radio host Don Imus events.
I guess he uses it as a standing of power? He sure does not stand for anything the Bible teaches...forgiveness?
How can he never accept apologies, and always entices hate of whites once something MINOR like this happens?

"I accept his apology, just as I want his bosses to accept his resignation," said the Rev.Al Sharpton. He promised to picket Imus' New York radio home, WFAN-AM, unless the veteran of nearly 40 years of anything-goes broadcasting is gone within a week.

"This is not some unemployed comic like Michael Richards," Sharpton said, referring to the "Seinfeld" actor who used the N-word and referred to lynching in a rant last year. "This is an established figure, allowed to use the airwaves for sexist and racist remarks."

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: How can "Rev" Al Sharpton be a Reverend??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »
I doubt that "Reverend" is a protected title.

However, the reverend must've forgotten all about "love thy neighbour".

Where is his love for Don Imus?

Sharpton should show the good example to his ministery, and not ask for further retribution, especially when Imus has apologized.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »
I can't believe the Democrat party legitimized Al Sharpton.  Why in the world was he permitted to take part in the presidential debates?  Is he even a college graduate? 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:34:29 PM »

In Al's defense, he's progressed well beyond his bohunk Tawana Brawley days.  He has about half a clue now, which is a full clue higher than Jesse "I Gladly Sell My People To Whitey" Jackson. 

That being said, why are you trying to make Don Imus relevant?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »
In Al's defense, he's progressed well beyond his bohunk Tawana Brawley days.  He has about half a clue now, which is a full clue higher than Jesse "I Gladly Sell My People To Whitey" Jackson. 

That being said, why are you trying to make Don Imus relevant?

Who?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:55:02 PM »
Sharpton is a waste.  He has been in St. Louis on a few occasions shutting down the highway, metrolink and worksites all cuz there wasn't enough blacks getting contracts on jobs they bid on.  I wish somebody would shoot  that f-uck.

Anyone remember him on the Morton Downey Jr. show?  That show was off the chain...pre Springer.  Mort would blow smoke in his face and spit on him.  Classic !!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 07:34:09 AM »
... all cuz there wasn't enough blacks getting contracts on jobs they bid on. 

Given the percentage of Blacks in St. Louis, this seems like a reasonable position to me. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:33:56 AM »
  These points might be more valid if you also said the same thing about lunatics like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. Let's at least be fair here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 09:09:10 AM »
Yes, imus shouldn't have said it and yes, it was offensive.  I don't think it was racist, although what his co-host Bernard said, was.

As for sharpton, the man who is the leader of the free world should be above whining about a phrase from a stoner radio host to anyone who would listen.

Imagine Reagan calling up everyone he knew, telling them how offended he was that some lame radio host said something mean about someone.  I mean, perhaps he (Sharpton) just wants the press... but with his name and experience, I believe he could achieve that same platform by doing something great to change lives - not crying about words.

I just don't see Sharpton being able to go from "he said this, i'm telling everyone how upset I am" to sitting down with lifetime hardballers from Russia and China and Iran and showing, well, dignity and confidence.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 09:09:28 AM »
  These points might be more valid if you also said the same thing about lunatics like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. Let's at least be fair here.

Psst: Those guys are White.  

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 10:18:25 AM »

Yeah I forgot they clog up the streets with silly protests ::) Given everyone already knows they are nutjobs anyways.

Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson truly need to just fade away, but I think with Obama fever  growing (why?) they will only get stronger. The media gives them way too much attention and they don't DO anything except stir the pot.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
Is he even a college graduate? 

I don't think so, or at least most rappers don't.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »
Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson truly need to just fade away, but I think with Obama fever  growing (why?) they will only get stronger. The media gives them way too much attention and they don't DO anything except stir the pot.

Despite his degree of visibility, there's never been an attempt on Jesse's life.  Ever wondered why? 

The guy is obviously an idiot.  And yet, whenever they can, the White/Jewish-owned media find a way to get a camera or microphone into his face. 

I'll let you figure out why. 

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »
In regards to the latest radio host Don Imus events.
I guess he uses it as a standing of power? He sure does not stand for anything the Bible teaches...forgiveness?
How can he never accept apologies, and always entices hate of whites once something MINOR like this happens?

"I accept his apology, just as I want his bosses to accept his resignation," said the Rev.Al Sharpton. He promised to picket Imus' New York radio home, WFAN-AM, unless the veteran of nearly 40 years of anything-goes broadcasting is gone within a week.

"This is not some unemployed comic like Michael Richards," Sharpton said, referring to the "Seinfeld" actor who used the N-word and referred to lynching in a rant last year. "This is an established figure, allowed to use the airwaves for sexist and racist remarks."

More people hide behind religion & hate.....Its a way to rationalize anything........You can misquote the bible, or the ten commandments........etc. .....!!!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »
He's a fucking joke.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »
The Tawana Brawley scam sealed Sharpton's fate. That little debacle ensured that white America will never give credence to anything he says.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 08:22:28 PM »
sharpton sucks
Addicted to the Steal

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 09:04:34 AM »
I don't think too many take Sharpton serious. What is up with his hair?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 09:07:29 AM »
I bet you guys thought it was impossible to agree with me on anything.

Blacks should take Sharpton out, they should realize he doesn't fix any problem, he becomes the JOKE!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 09:27:34 AM »
Blacks should take Sharpton out, they should realize he doesn't fix any problem, he becomes the JOKE!

Agreed, and many of us do realize that :-\

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:16 AM »
I bet you guys thought it was impossible to agree with me on anything.

Haha