Author Topic: Gonzales's clumsy ass-covering attempts have the DOJ in a "state of paralysis"  (Read 1352 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has virtually wiped his public schedule clean to bone up for his long-awaited April 17 testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee—a session widely seen as a crucial test as to whether he will survive the U.S. attorney mess. But even his own closest advisers are nervous about whether he is up to the task. At a recent "prep" for a prospective Sunday talk-show interview, Gonzales's performance was so poor that top aides scrapped any live appearances.

During the March 23 session in the A.G.'s conference room, Gonzales was grilled by a team of top aides and advisers—including former Republican National Committee chair Ed Gillespie and former White House lawyer Tim Flanigan—about what he knew about the plan to fire seven U.S. attorneys last fall. But Gonzales kept contradicting himself and "getting his timeline confused," said one participant who asked not to be identified talking about a private meeting. His advisers finally got "exasperated" with him, the source added.

"He's not ready," Tasia Scolinos, Gonzales's public-affairs chief, told the A.G.'s top aides after the session was over, said the source. Asked for comment, Scolinos told NEWSWEEK: "This was the first session of this kind that we'd done." ...

"There's nobody quarterbacking this," said another frustrated administration official, who asked not to be identified for the same reasons. "The department is in a state of paralysis."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17995971/site/newsweek/

youandme

• Getbig V
I'm glad he can recollect factual events that took place  ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
You know he is in trouble when he has to have practice sessions at telling the truth.  He should save himself the trouble and quit in order to spend more time with his family.  Yeah... that's it... "to spend more time with my family."  I gotta give it to the PR person who came up with that line.

On second thought maybe he should pull the Mark McGuire PR line "i'm not here to talk about the past" that went over so well.   ha ha ha ha  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I can understand the need to prepare when you have people gunning for your head (and with Scooter Libby going to jail when no underlying crime was committed), but I agree you should haven't to practice telling the truth.  Doesn't sound good.   :-\

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
Doesn't sound good.   :-\

So what's the Bum explanation for the many of us on this board who correctly pegged Gonzales as a lying weasel weeks ago? Before "all the facts were in"...

Lucky guess?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
So what's the Bum explanation for the many of us on this board who correctly pegged Gonzales as a lying weasel weeks ago? Before "all the facts were in"...

Lucky guess?

Dude you probably peg practically any conservative and/or Republican as a "lying weasel."  If it turns out Gonzales is a liar then I vote for "lucky guess."   :) 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
If it turns out Gonzales is a liar then I vote for "lucky guess."   :) 

Knew Powell was lying about WMDs... "lucky guess".

Knew CIA was lying about secret prisons... "lucky guess".

Knew Bush was lying about illegal wiretaps... "lucky guess".

Knew Gonzales was lying about attorney firings... "lucky guess".

Why I must be the luckiest son-of-a-gun alive.  :)

youandme

• Getbig V

Plenty more where that came from  :)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
Plenty more where that came from  :)

Knew "Brownie" was lying about Katrina warnings... "lucky guess".

Knew Hastert was lying about Foley warnings... "lucky guess".

Knew Libby was lying about Plame testimony... "lucky guess".

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
ribo is schooling Beach Bum tonight.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
AHHAHahhaahhahhahahhhaha hahhahhahahha.... 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Powell wasn't "lying."  Don't know anything about the CIA (except that they control the media).  Bush didn't lie about wiretaps; the court told him he couldn't do it.  Hasn't been established that Gonzales was lying.  But thanks for proving my point:  "Dude you probably peg practically any conservative and/or Republican as a 'lying weasel.'" 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
thanks for proving my point:  "Dude you probably peg practically any conservative and/or Republican as a 'lying weasel.'" 

That's puzzling, isn't it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
That's puzzling, isn't it.

No, it's predictable (on your part).   :)