Author Topic: Strikes on Baghdad's Green Zone on the Rise  (Read 2328 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Strikes on Baghdad's Green Zone on the Rise
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »
BAGHDAD, March 29 -- Iraqi insurgents are increasingly hitting Baghdad's fortresslike Green Zone with rockets and mortar shells, officials said Wednesday.

Insurgents have struck inside the Green Zone, which includes the U.S. Embassy, on six of the past seven days, once with deadly consequences. A U.S. soldier and a U.S. government contractor were killed Tuesday night by a rocket attack that also seriously wounded a civilian, military and embassy officials said. One soldier and at least three other civilians received minor injuries, U.S. Embassy spokesman Lou Fintor said.

The attack stunned a workforce normally blase about Baghdad's habitual wartime booms and blasts.

A State Department official, speaking on condition of anonymity, also said, "There are increasing attacks on the embassy."

"These are people who are trying to kill Americans," the official added. "They have someone who is a straight shooter."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/28/AR2007032802423_pf.html

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: Strikes on Baghdad's Green Zone on the Rise
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:25:19 AM »
and yet the democrats want to run and declare the insurgents and terrorist winners.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:34:12 AM »
and yet the democrats want to run and declare the insurgents and terrorist winners.

are you ready to declare them the losers yet?

it's been over 4 years, and they can still regularly fire mortars into green zone - how pathetic is that?

Perhaps in 6, 8, 10, or 12 years, when things are STILL the same, you will change your position.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 08:36:08 AM »
are you ready to declare them the losers yet?

it's been over 4 years, and they can still regularly fire mortars into green zone - how pathetic is that?

Perhaps in 6, 8, 10, or 12 years, when things are STILL the same, you will change your position.
Is the answer just pack up and leave?

What impact do you think this will have on how we are viewed in the world and do you even care?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 08:38:34 AM »
Is the answer just pack up and leave?

What impact do you think this will have on how we are viewed in the world and do you even care?

I'd like to know how many years of this until YOU would agree we should leave.

My position is abundantly clear - leave the CITIES and let them deal with that bullshit.  We pull our men to the borders to keep iran out, protect our bases, and guard the oil pipeline we're installing.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 08:39:47 AM »
by the way folks, i disagree with 240 but he fights fair and doesn't name call or wish me death.

I could actually be friends with him even though we disagree.

and lemme say, i hate none of you.   My views are that of a war monger.  Sorry, after 9/11 i care pretty much nothing except at least trying in some way to fight terror.  because i think this is it, we either fight or lose.

sure, perhaps Iraq was the wrong country to attack but i think its fine.  We display our military might, perhaps it will make someone think twice about attacking us again.  If they attack us again, toss all the middle eastern countries names in a hat, draw one out, attack them.  I am FUCKING FINE WITH THAT!

I was once in a bar fight, got hit blindsided.  I began swinging wildly, perhaps the kid i hit had nothing to do with the fight but when i knocked his ass out, whomever blindsided me sure didn't step back up to face me.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:40:18 AM »
I'd like to know how many years of this until YOU would agree we should leave.

My position is abundantly clear - leave the CITIES and let them deal with that bullshit.  We pull our men to the borders to keep iran out, protect our bases, and guard the oil pipeline we're installing.

That i could live with.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 08:41:11 AM »

I don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

They already think we are in an elective war of aggression for oil.  They already believe that 9/11 was a self-inflicted attack.  They already believe that Bush is evil, etc.

Plus - is it worth losing more american lives because of what people THINK?  I mean, would you send two of your pets to die so that your neighbor didn't think less of you?  As long as they don't fck with us, I wouldn't care less if they loved us or hated us.  Seriously - does it matter to you what 5 billion people you'll never meet really think about you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:43:49 AM »
That i could live with.

We can't let that oil fall into chinese/russian hands.  We knew from day one that chaos would ensue when we disbanded their military and govt.  We knew from day one that we'd get to manage their oil, so our enemies wouldn't.  And I would never advocate just leaving, as that oil would make our enemies (chi and rus) stronger

but just as you don't care about whatever country we mow down, i do not care about the iraqi peoples' civil war.  It is THEIR war and has been going on for what, 1900 years now?  Saddam kept it in check, but they've always done this.  So I say, we leave them lots of guns, and tell them Good Luck.  It's not worth our troops' lives.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:44:28 AM »
I don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

They already think we are in an elective war of aggression for oil.  They already believe that 9/11 was a self-inflicted attack.  They already believe that Bush is evil, etc.

Plus - is it worth losing more american lives because of what people THINK?  I mean, would you send two of your pets to die so that your neighbor didn't think less of you?  As long as they don't fck with us, I wouldn't care less if they loved us or hated us.  Seriously - does it matter to you what 5 billion people you'll never meet really think about you?

Thing is, if we leave, being attacked again is imminent.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »
We can't let that oil fall into chinese/russian hands.  We knew from day one that chaos would ensue when we disbanded their military and govt.  We knew from day one that we'd get to manage their oil, so our enemies wouldn't.  And I would never advocate just leaving, as that oil would make our enemies (chi and rus) stronger

but just as you don't care about whatever country we mow down, i do not care about the iraqi peoples' civil war.  It is THEIR war and has been going on for what, 1900 years now?  Saddam kept it in check, but they've always done this.  So I say, we leave them lots of guns, and tell them Good Luck.  It's not worth our troops' lives.
Perhaps, as long as they keep walking into markets and blowing themselfs up, well good times!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:50:52 AM »
Thing is, if we leave, being attacked again is imminent.

something to think about though -

the majority of them are sunni/shiite - locals who hate EACH OTHER.  As soon as we leave, they're gonna kill each other.

the other 2000 insurgents from Syria/iran who moved to iraq to kill Americans - first off, they're dirt poor and most can't afford the plane ticket.  Plus, those 100,000 men we coudl bring home would now be able to make us safer at HOME.  They could guard airports and our open mexican border. 

And seriously, it's damn near impossible for anyone with brown skin from that region to sneeze these days without the patriot act analyzing their boogers for WMD.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:29 AM »
something to think about though -

the majority of them are sunni/shiite - locals who hate EACH OTHER.  As soon as we leave, they're gonna kill each other.

the other 2000 insurgents from Syria/iran who moved to iraq to kill Americans - first off, they're dirt poor and most can't afford the plane ticket.  Plus, those 100,000 men we coudl bring home would now be able to make us safer at HOME.  They could guard airports and our open mexican border. 

And seriously, it's damn near impossible for anyone with brown skin from that region to sneeze these days without the patriot act analyzing their boogers for WMD.

You crack my ass up, if only i could lure you to the dark side(republican)
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 08:55:05 AM »
You crack my ass up, if only i could lure you to the dark side(republican)

I voted republican my whole life.  I debated then drove people to vote for Bush in 2004 once I convinced them that Kerry was evil.

However, Bush has gone too far - instead of just taking iraqi oil, which is good for our oil companies and tax dollars, he is doing something bad.  He is making the defense contractors rich.  Companies that make humvees and bullets are making a killing because we're losing the street battles and new equipment keeps getting ordrered (200 mil worth a day!)

the war in the streets is what i am against.  yes, we needed to get their oil before China/Russia dealt with iraq.  But we don't need to lose men on their streeets anymore for a civil was we allowed by taking out their police.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 09:04:47 AM »
I voted republican my whole life.  I debated then drove people to vote for Bush in 2004 once I convinced them that Kerry was evil.

However, Bush has gone too far - instead of just taking iraqi oil, which is good for our oil companies and tax dollars, he is doing something bad.  He is making the defense contractors rich.  Companies that make humvees and bullets are making a killing because we're losing the street battles and new equipment keeps getting ordrered (200 mil worth a day!)

the war in the streets is what i am against.  yes, we needed to get their oil before China/Russia dealt with iraq.  But we don't need to lose men on their streeets anymore for a civil was we allowed by taking out their police.

Damnit, you nearly have me ready to support withdrawing troops.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10:24 AM »
The big problem as people see it is that the majority population of iraq is Shiite.

When Saddam was in charge, the Sunni minority ran things.

Now, with the Shiites in power, in a collapsed state, the natural progression would be a closer relationship and dependence on Iran, a predominately Shiite country, just next door. Some people (Israel) is fearful of such an inevitability, because it wants to remain the dominant economic power in the region. Iran & Iraq were the two dominant players in the region, and by keeping the two nations at war with each other in the 80's, they stalled their progress as individual nations. After the decimation visited upon Iraq followed by sanctions, Iraq went downhill, while Iran was doing it's thing as a nation. Now the failed Iraqi invasion simply hastens the solidification of the region that the Iran / Iraq wars were designed to prevent. A newly emerged, peaceful, prosperous nation called the Islamic Republic of Iranq (Iran/Iraq) strikes terror through the hearts of zionists and those with designs on middle eastern oil.

Sooner or later, all those countries are going to be more united in their desire to lives free prosperous and safe lives, ...and when that happens, I'd hate to be an American member of the military stationed in that area.

Eventually, they will set aside their differences to focus on their common goals. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened, ...although Iran appears to hate certain Arab countries more than it hates Israel.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »
Damnit, you nearly have me ready to support withdrawing troops.

Not a full withdrawl. I think even the democrats would be in favor of leaving behind a small army to gaurd the pipeline. Afterall, oil is thing we have to show for 4 years of failure and leaving behind that oil would be an insult to everyone that fought and died.

Now, with the Shiites in power, in a collapsed state, the natural progression would be a closer relationship and dependence on Iran. Some people (Israel) is fearful of such an inevitability, because it wants to remain the dominant economic power in the region. Iran & Iraq were the two dominant players in the region, and by keeping the two nations at war with each other in the 80's, they stalled their progress as individual nations. After the decimation visited upon Iraq followed by sanctions, Iraq went downhill, while Iran was doing it's thing as a nation. Now the failed Iraqi invasion simply hastens the solidification of the region that the Iran / Iraq wars were designed to prevent.

To me, Iran influencing Iraq = a good thing. As you pointed out they're both Shia countries and Iran could stabalize the sunni insurgency very easily.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 09:19:36 AM »
The big problem as people see it is that the majority population of iraq is Shiite.

When Saddam was in charge, the Sunni minority ran things.

Now, with the Shiites in power, in a collapsed state, the natural progression would be a closer relationship and dependence on Iran, a predominately Shiite country, just next door. Some people (Israel) is fearful of such an inevitability, because it wants to remain the dominant economic power in the region. Iran & Iraq were the two dominant players in the region, and by keeping the two nations at war with each other in the 80's, they stalled their progress as individual nations. After the decimation visited upon Iraq followed by sanctions, Iraq went downhill, while Iran was doing it's thing as a nation. Now the failed Iraqi invasion simply hastens the solidification of the region that the Iran / Iraq wars were designed to prevent. A newly emerged, peaceful, prosperous nation called the Islamic Republic of Iranq (Iran/Iraq) strikes terror through the hearts of zionists and those with designs on middle eastern oil.

Sooner or later, all those countries are going to be more united in their desire to lives free prosperous and safe lives, ...and when that happens, I'd hate to be an American member of the military stationed in that area.

Eventually, they will set aside their differences to focus on their common goals. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened, ...although Iran appears to hate certain Arab countries more than it hates Israel.

Dear, we have the military might to take out the entire middle east and if it comes down to it, i'm sure we will.  Fuck all of them.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 09:20:27 AM »
Not a full withdrawl. I think even the democrats would be in favor of leaving behind a small army to gaurd the pipeline. Afterall, oil is thing we have to show for 4 years of failure and leaving behind that oil would be an insult to everyone that fought and died.

So you advocate a policy of more dead to justify the previous deaths?

Those guys are already dead ...for lies and corporate greed.
You can't insult them any further.

To me, Iran influencing Iraq = a good thing. As you pointed out they're both Shia countries and Iran could stabalize the sunni insurgency very easily.

Except the Saudi Arabians have vowed to "aggressively back" the Sunni's.

My interpretation is Saudi oil money gets poured into Sunni terrorists, ...leading to Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia at war with each other. The three largest oil producers in the world all at war with each other. Lovely, ...How much will your oil be then?

What happens when all 3 decide to stop the destruction of their own countries and to instead visit destruction on the country that started the whole fuckkacta mess? Some real good times ahead for some people indeed.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
Dear, we have the military might to take out the entire middle east and if it comes down to it, i'm sure we will.  Fuck all of them.

However, as one of your more enlightened generals revealed in a statement the other day,
this is a problem, the solution to which, is not a military one.
w

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 09:24:03 AM »
However, as one of your more enlightened generals revealed in a statement the other day,
this is a problem, the solution to which, is not a military one.
TOSS THAT GENERAL OUT!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 09:26:21 AM »
TOSS THAT GENERAL OUT!

But your President hand-picked him to lead the Surge!

You know... after firing all those other generals who said it wouldn't work!

:(

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 09:27:27 AM »

Except the Saudi Arabians have vowed to "aggressively back" the Sunni's.

My interpretation is Saudi oil money gets poured into Sunni terrorists, ...leading to Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia at war with each other. The three largest oil producers in the world all at war with each other. Lovely, ...How much will your oil be then?

What happens when all 3 decide to stop the destruction of their own countries and to instead visit destruction on the country that started the whole fuckkacta mess? Some real good times ahead for some people indeed.

Didn't Iran's president recently meet up with the Saudi king? I believe if the US pulls out Iran will easily crush the Sunni insurgency and make up with the Saudia Arabia as well. We already know Syria and Iran see eye to eye on a lot issues, such as hezbollah, so why can't Iran and Saudia Arabia get along?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
Didn't Iran's president recently meet up with the Saudi king? I believe if the US pulls out Iran will easily crush the Sunni insurgency and make up with the Saudia Arabia as well. We already know Syria and Iran see eye to eye on a lot issues, such as hezbollah, so why can't Iran and Saudia Arabia get along?

Because the unholy trinity of Gog, Magog, and zionism intend to remain a perpetual fly in the ointment of peace throughout the world.
w

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 09:43:30 AM »
Because the unholy trinity of Gog, Magog, and zionism intend to remain a perpetual fly in the ointment of peace throughout the world.

Something to remember, when you are from a nation that never fights a battle but instead opts for other countries to handle the worlds problems, well then, your opinion really doesn't mean much to us.

Just being honest, I don't really know any americans that actually give a wahoo what any canadian thinks of this war.   Basically, you guys just don't matter to us.  Stick to watching hockey, events like that.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo