Author Topic: What good will come out of this Va. Tech massacre??  (Read 6796 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What good will come out of this Va. Tech massacre??
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 08:15:42 AM »
Exactly.
Pat Brown (the criminal profiler Fox has been putting on) argues that the guy might've thought twice about shooting into that classroom if he had suspected that someone in there might have a gun.  As IF any university would just have an open gun policy!  lol

I taught from 99 to 2002 in a really poor, rough school.  We found probably 3 guns all year, but you knew there were more.  You never knew if the kid you asked to leave your class was just begging for a reason to make his final stand.  People can say they'll do this, or that, but you can't fistfight a gun.  You can cower and hope you're not executed.

now that I carry a piece 24/7, I feel safe.  back then, you just played probabilities - "hey, what are the chances someone is gonna rob me?"  Well, it has to happen to someone.  The stats were astronomical against any shooting at Va Tech yesterday.  but it had to happen somewhere.  And it evrey professor on campus had a fanny pack with a panic alarm and a chambered 9 mm, that kid would have been dead by the first reload, if not sooner.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 08:17:28 AM »
Sometimes I don't get u guys. This was some nutbag who decided to kill people. Bush/Hilary/Obama or friggen Rush Limbaugh had nothing to do with it. He was a nutbag with serious issues. But who will pay for this besides those poor famlies..law abiding citizens with guns. And if u want to get political about this..it won't be conservatives calling for our guns it will be the libs..because thats who limits our freedoms historically.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 08:20:53 AM »
I taught from 99 to 2002 in a really poor, rough school.  We found probably 3 guns all year, but you knew there were more.  You never knew if the kid you asked to leave your class was just begging for a reason to make his final stand.  People can say they'll do this, or that, but you can't fistfight a gun.  You can cower and hope you're not executed.

now that I carry a piece 24/7, I feel safe.  back then, you just played probabilities - "hey, what are the chances someone is gonna rob me?"  Well, it has to happen to someone.  The stats were astronomical against any shooting at Va Tech yesterday.  but it had to happen somewhere.  And it evrey professor on campus had a fanny pack with a panic alarm and a chambered 9 mm, that kid would have been dead by the first reload, if not sooner.

No shit....... :D
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »
I did watch 24 last night. 

You referring to the Rus/China nuke thing?

Any superpower or near-superpower would gladly take out another if the technology and weaponry allowed for it.  We could take Russia and China off the maps tomorrow, if we had the space superiority to do it.  As would they.

haha yeah, right when I read it I thought Jack Bauer.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 08:23:11 AM »
Does anybody really think it's a good idea if everyone in society carried a concealed weapon?

240, you talk about your gun ad-nauseum. Are you really advocating that everyone carry a firearm?

I don't like guns, they'll never be in my house but I don't want to ban them either. There are enough gun laws on the books as it is, what we need is enforcement.

I believe giving everyone that is qualified a license to carry a concealed weapon is a recipe for disaster.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »
Does anybody really think it's a good idea if everyone in society carried a concealed weapon?

240, you talk about your gun ad-nauseum. Are you really advocating that everyone carry a firearm?

I don't like guns, they'll never be in my house but I don't want to ban them either. There are enough gun laws on the books as it is, what we need is enforcement.

I believe giving everyone that is qualified a license to carry a concealed weapon is a recipe for disaster.
back to the times of marshall dillon and miss kitty? lmao

Theres quite a few on this board I'd hate to see carry a weapon, heck jaguar most days seems ready to go postal as does 240 and enigma.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 08:28:57 AM »
I don't think he means that..u have to go through a class and u should have plenty of training. They denied two people in the class i went through in Ohio.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 08:32:20 AM »

Everyone? No.  If a person passes a background check, written and firing tests to show he is competent and well-aware of the law, has never had a mental defect, and is well aware that if that gun ever shows - even the wind blowing your shirt up - you get one yeat behind bars automatic.  Then, yes.

(just a hpothetical) - If one man with a gun ever forces his way into your home, you are at his mercy.  Think about that.  He can line you up, then rape, kill, at his choosing.  Family too.  You can fight of course, but you will take a bullet and bleed out.  And that's it, your life is over.  Fate.  Bad luck, whatever.  

I'm guessing there are a LOT of people whose last thought is "wow, maybe I should have got a gun for the house" right before the intruder puts their lights out.  

I don't ever want that helpless feeling.  Statistically, it probably won't happen.  but it has to happen to someone.  I'd rather die firing back, or not at all, than on the ground shitting myself, crying, praying someone else in the room has a gun and will save my skin.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »
Theres quite a few on this board I'd hate to see carry a weapon, heck jaguar most days seems ready to go postal as does 240 and enigma.

I've carried for almost ten years now.  I've been punched in the face once, shoved a few times, threatened, and never pulled it.

I know the law and I follow it.

You misconstrue my passion for debate with a readiness to "go postal".  that's poor judgment on your part.  If we were in a Denny's and someone started popping customers for his "last stand", you'd hit the ground and I'd draw my piece and take for cover.  Once you're on the ground, all you can do is pray and hope you're not selected for execution.  I'd engage the shooter, either downing or scaring him, and hopefully saving a lot of lives.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 08:58:59 AM »
Everyone? No.  If a person passes a background check, written and firing tests to show he is competent and well-aware of the law, has never had a mental defect, and is well aware that if that gun ever shows - even the wind blowing your shirt up - you get one yeat behind bars automatic.  Then, yes.

(just a hpothetical) - If one man with a gun ever forces his way into your home, you are at his mercy.  Think about that.  He can line you up, then rape, kill, at his choosing.  Family too.  You can fight of course, but you will take a bullet and bleed out.  And that's it, your life is over.  Fate.  Bad luck, whatever. 

I'm guessing there are a LOT of people whose last thought is "wow, maybe I should have got a gun for the house" right before the intruder puts their lights out. 

I don't ever want that helpless feeling.  Statistically, it probably won't happen.  but it has to happen to someone.  I'd rather die firing back, or not at all, than on the ground shitting myself, crying, praying someone else in the room has a gun and will save my skin.

I see your hypothetical as a scare tactic. Yes, it's a possibility but it's also a possibility that I'll win the lottery, I'm not planning my life around that though.

Let me go through a hypothetical for you, that's just as likely to happen as your burglar scenario.

Let's say you have a gun or a collection of guns in your house and they're all under lock and key. Let's also say you have children and or nephews over visiting while you aren't there and they manage to get access to the guns and a tragedy happens with them either shooting themselves or someone else, how would you feel then?

Your scenario and my scenario are equally likely to happen. For every positive you give me I can give you a negative.

My opinion is guns make certain people do stupid things, I've seen it TOO MANY times. Not everyone mind you but certain people. I'm not questioning your right to own a gun although I think your right to carry one is insane.

This isn't the Wild West anymore, there isn't a  practical need for people to be carrying around concealed weapons without it being a job requirement. I know you think there is that need but I don't. It's a recipe for disaster.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »
Sometimes I don't get u guys. This was some nutbag who decided to kill people. Bush/Hilary/Obama or friggen Rush Limbaugh had nothing to do with it. He was a nutbag with serious issues. But who will pay for this besides those poor famlies..law abiding citizens with guns. And if u want to get political about this..it won't be conservatives calling for our guns it will be the libs..because thats who limits our freedoms historically.

But it's the conservatives who said that, because of the Bush War, we are now 'safe from terrorists'. 

They lied - again.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
Everyone? No.  If a person passes a background check, written and firing tests to show he is competent and well-aware of the law, has never had a mental defect, and is well aware that if that gun ever shows - even the wind blowing your shirt up - you get one yeat behind bars automatic.  Then, yes.

(just a hpothetical) - If one man with a gun ever forces his way into your home, you are at his mercy.  Think about that.  He can line you up, then rape, kill, at his choosing.  Family too.  You can fight of course, but you will take a bullet and bleed out.  And that's it, your life is over.  Fate.  Bad luck, whatever. 

I don't ever want that helpless feeling.  Statistically, it probably won't happen.  but it has to happen to someone.  I'd rather die firing back, or not at all, than on the ground shitting myself, crying, praying someone else in the room has a gun and will save my skin.

I don't like guns AT ALL, fucking hate them with a passion.  But there is a semi-automatic shotgun  under my bed, loaded, just in case (god forbid) that one-in-a-million chance of a psycho looking to kill people happens to my family.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
I've carried for almost ten years now.  I've been punched in the face once, shoved a few times, threatened, and never pulled it.

I know the law and I follow it.

You misconstrue my passion for debate with a readiness to "go postal".  that's poor judgment on your part.  If we were in a Denny's and someone started popping customers for his "last stand", you'd hit the ground and I'd draw my piece and take for cover.  Once you're on the ground, all you can do is pray and hope you're not selected for execution.  I'd engage the shooter, either downing or scaring him, and hopefully saving a lot of lives.
What time do you eat at dennys, i want to eat at that time so i'll feel safe.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »
I see your hypothetical as a scare tactic. Yes, it's a possibility but it's also a possibility that I'll win the lottery, I'm not planning my life around that though.

Let me go through a hypothetical for you, that's just as likely to happen as your burglar scenario.

Let's say you have a gun or a collection of guns in your house and they're all under lock and key. Let's also say you have children and or nephews over visiting while you aren't there and they manage to get access to the guns and a tragedy happens with them either shooting themselves or someone else, how would you feel then?

Your scenario and my scenario are equally likely to happen. For every positive you give me I can give you a negative.

My opinion is guns make certain people do stupid things, I've seen it TOO MANY times. Not everyone mind you but certain people. I'm not questioning your right to own a gun although I think your right to carry one is insane.

This isn't the Wild West anymore, there isn't a  practical need for people to be carrying around concealed weapons without it being a job requirement. I know you think there is that need but I don't. It's a recipe for disaster.   

Stupid people do stupid things regardless or have you never seen the result of drunk driving. Its against the law but..guess what we still have bars and drunk drivers. I hate to start a heated argument but for the most part gun owners are your most stable people because they know the resposibilty for there actions. Kids and gang bangers don't plain and simple.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:39 AM »
I don't like guns AT ALL, fucking hate them with a passion.  But there is a semi-automatic shotgun  under my bed, loaded, just in case (god forbid) that one-in-a-million chance of a psycho looking to kill people happens to my family.

Nice.  I respect that big time.  You're a responsible man.

I keep mine locked up bedside.  If they're not on me, they're in the lockbox.  nephews and neices never know it's there.  It's part of my outfit, like a wallet, keys, cell, etc.  it goes into the lockbox with everything else.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »
What time do you eat at dennys, i want to eat at that time so i'll feel safe.

hahaha i prefer IHOP.

If I save your ass, will you pay for my rooty tooty fresh n fruity?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 09:43:48 AM »

Waffle House.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 09:45:35 AM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »
hahaha i prefer IHOP.

I thought you were more a MickeyD's man.  :D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »
I thought you were more a MickeyD's man.  :D

When I have 5 minutes to down 50 grams of fat, mcgriddle is the only way to go.

when I have an hour to kill, it's IHOP, perkins, or bob evans.  Awful house and dennys = eew.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 10:37:22 AM »
Nice.  I respect that big time.  You're a responsible man.

I keep mine locked up bedside.  If they're not on me, they're in the lockbox.  nephews and neices never know it's there.  It's part of my outfit, like a wallet, keys, cell, etc.  it goes into the lockbox with everything else.

Thanks dude.

TBH I think if something like that did happen all you would have to do is let a few rounds go into the cieling and all but the most hardened criminals will just tuck and run.  they ain't looking for a gunfight, makes way too much noise. plus you are at such an advantage tactically it would be suicide for them.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2007, 10:40:36 AM »
But it's the conservatives who said that, because of the Bush War, we are now 'safe from terrorists'. 

They lied - again.

Did I miss some major news?  we have been attacked by terrorists again?  when? where?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »
hahaha i prefer IHOP.

I'll even pay for your soy-bean burger!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
I'll even pay for your soy-bean burger!

F that.  I want a steak and pancakes.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
you're talking like a liberal.

The kid used a 9mm and a 22, you liberal crybaby.  a .22 handgun is not an "assault weapon".

Hey, why don't you define for us what an "assault weapon" is? 

And, show us the kid used "armor-piercing bullets" please.

Fucking liberal.

Killing 30 is impressive when you considering a 9mm was the primary weapon. When I heard of the death toll, I automatically thought high power rifle.

The killer, although not a citizen, was pretty much an american. He was raised here from an early age and he just had some psychological issues. But I guess some idiot will jump the gun and start whing about asians or immigrants in general..  ::) It could just as easily have been a white dude, people..