Author Topic: Liberal Media Bias  (Read 166874 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Liberal Media Bias
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »
Weiner exhibited profoundly bad judgement and then tried to cover it up

Other than that I'm not aware of anyone filing a complaint against or claiming sexual harassment

He sent unsolicited unwanted pics of his wiener.  The women were not happy about it other than one of them from what I remember.   .

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »

What "situation like this" are you talking about?  

A situation whereby a person, presumably with further career goals, is accused of sexually harassing another person.

If it didn't have apparent merit, it would have been destroyed by staff lawyers in very short order.  Cain would have walked away to have never been bothered by it again.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 03:15:56 PM »

Well, then if it was so bad - why did she not go to trial and get the jackpot?  

She wouldn't have hit a jackpot.  It would have been a long, drawn out situation that would have probably netted her something similar to what she got throught the settlement.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
A situation whereby a person, presumably with further career goals, is accused of sexually harassing another person.

If it didn't have apparent merit, it would have been destroyed by staff lawyers in very short order.  Cain would have walked away to have never been bothered by it again.

That is incredibly naive.  If there were no witnesses, it is "he said, she said."  You can't "destroy" something like that in short order.  That's just silly. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
That is incredibly naive.  If there were no witnesses, it is "he said, she said."  You can't "destroy" something like that in short order.  That's just silly. 

actually there are witnesses

one person has said he witnessed this on multiple occassions and "everyone" knew about it

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 03:52:23 PM »

So you're saying it didn't have any apparent merit?  Because if so, it would have been destroyed.  Absolutely.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2011, 03:56:12 PM »
actually there are witnesses

one person has said he witnessed this on multiple occassions and "everyone" knew about it

I haven't followed the story too closely, but what you're saying sounds like it fits the bill.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2011, 04:11:18 PM »
I haven't followed the story too closely, but what you're saying sounds like it fits the bill.

I haven't followed it either but I heard this guy on the radio a couple of days ago

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-02/politics/30349341_1_herman-cain-victim-talks-perry-supporter

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
So you're saying it didn't have any apparent merit?  Because if so, it would have been destroyed.  Absolutely.

What I'm saying is it is incredibly naive to say it could have been "destroyed" if it had no merit.  You can't determine if it had no merit if it is "he said, she said." 

If you want to know how dangerous allegations can be, when all you have are people making accusations, go read up on the McMartin preschool matter in California from about 20 or so years ago. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »
Someone here needs to define what sexual harassment actually consisted of 20 + years ago. Every year corporations have to go through these ridiculous  revised classes and policies through Human Resources because of new sexual harassment laws and people are paid off all the time for them to just go away. If you work at a corporation, have your own business no matter how large or small, you or any employee you have tells tells someone as harmless as "you look nice today" or "I really like what you're waring" be prepared for a lawsuit. You can thank the politically correct liberals for helping to create this asinine litigious society we live in.  

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
I haven't followed it either but I heard this guy on the radio a couple of days ago

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-02/politics/30349341_1_herman-cain-victim-talks-perry-supporter

I just read both stories. 

To be fair, it should be kept in mind that he works for Perry.  But he is also indicating that there are multiple witnesses, so...

I wonder where this thing will go.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »
What I'm saying is it is incredibly naive to say it could have been "destroyed" if it had no merit.

Without merit, the chances of it going anywhere would have been destroyed.

You can't determine if it had no merit if it is "he said, she said."

Exactly my point.  It needs evidence. 

If you want to know how dangerous allegations can be, when all you have are people making accusations, go read up on the McMartin preschool matter in California from about 20 or so years ago. 

I do recall the McMartin case.  Problem there was that the so-called "investigators" were offering their so-called "findings" as evidence.  That's how the case made it to court.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »
Someone here needs to define what sexual harassment actually consisted of 20 + years ago. Every year corporations have to go through these ridiculous  revised classes and policies through Human Resources because of new sexual harassment laws and people are paid off all the time for them to just go away. If you work at a corporation, have your own business no matter how large or small, you or any employee you have tells tells someone as harmless as "you look nice today" or "I really like what you're waring" be prepared for a lawsuit. You can thank the politically correct liberals for helping to create this asinine litigious society we live in.  

Good point.  Some women complain about some pretty harmless stuff.  Remember this one?

For example, Jerold Mackenzie was fired by the Miller Brewing Company after recounting a scene from the situation comedy Seinfeld. In the episode, Jerry Seinfeld knew only that his date’s name rhymed with a female body part; he remembers her name in the final scene, yelling “Dolores!” To explain the punch line, Mackenzie showed coworker Patricia Best a dictionary definition of the word clitoris. Best was offended and reported Mackenzie’s conduct, and the company concluded that his behavior violated its sexual harassment policy. However, a jury of ten women and two men in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, did not believe Mackenzie’s behavior violated the legal standard for hostile-environment sexual harassment and ordered the Miller Brewing Company, as well as the woman who filed the sexual harassment claim against Mackenzie, to pay him a total of $26 million.

http://www.enotes.com/sexual-harassment-article

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
Yes, I do remember something about that. There is also people who file suits who hate their jobs but know they can make money off of a settlement knowing they'll get paid just to go away.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
Without merit, the chances of it going anywhere would have been destroyed.

Exactly my point.  It needs evidence. 

I do recall the McMartin case.  Problem there was that the so-called "investigators" were offering their so-called "findings" as evidence.  That's how the case made it to court.

Uh, no.  The problem was the kids were coached to lie about being molested.  There was no physical evidence or witnesses.  One of the worst miscarriages of justice in American history.  That case shows the danger of allegations that rely on solely "he said, she said." 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
Yes, I do remember something about that. There is also people who file suits who hate their jobs but know they can make money off of a settlement knowing they'll get paid just to go away.

Sad but true.  Happens all the time.  It's extortion.  One of the unfortunate costs of doing business. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
I just read both stories. 

To be fair, it should be kept in mind that he works for Perry.  But he is also indicating that there are multiple witnesses, so...

I wonder where this thing will go.

Yep.  He does work for Perry but only spoke out after the allegations were out there and the show I heard him on (I think it was NPR) he would give any more details than you see in that story.   
He did say (I think) that one of the women wanted to talk.   

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
Uh, no.  The problem was the kids were coached to lie about being molested.

I know.  That's why I referred to the investigators with quotation marks, because they do not qualify as investigators.  Nonetheless, their "findings" were accepted as evidence.  It is that simple.

One of the worst miscarriages of justice in American history.

No.  If they'd been found guilty, that would have been one of the worst miscarriages of justice.  Other than that, I agree.  It was as stupid as the "satanic cult" hysteria that existed at that time.

That case shows the danger of allegations that rely on solely "he said, she said." 

In this case, no one was doing the "he said, she said" except for the prosecutors.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »
Obama and Bill Ayers, how come that was barly an issue. That's much worse than what Cain allegedly did. 240 wanted more recent, there it is!

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »
Yep.  He does work for Perry but only spoke out after the allegations were out there and the show I heard him on (I think it was NPR) he would give any more details than you see in that story.   
He did say (I think) that one of the women wanted to talk.   

The fact that he indicates there are perhaps many witnesses is something to think about.

Like I say, if this case was "nothing", it wouldn't be a topic here or anywhere else.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2011, 05:16:43 AM »

November 4, 2011 1:55pm
408 Comments
Politico publishes 90 stories on Cain scandal byCharlie Spiering Commentary Staff Writer
Follow on Twitter:@charliespiering

Herman Cain (AP Photo)
How much is too much? Politico broke the Cain sexual harassment story last Sunday night, launching organization wide coverage filling up a full week of heavy coverage on their scoop.

Since the scandal broke, the political reporting juggernaut has published at least 90 online stories on further developments and public reaction to the story.

I've posted the entire list below since the story broke.

Update: 93. Herman Cain allegation: Accuser breaks silence

Update: 92. NRA confirms one harassment complaint

Update: 91. Cain: Attention stems from popularity

90. Accuser attorney: Settlement dated 9/99, Kilgore signed - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story

89. Block wants firings at POLITICO - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story

88. Cain may face more questions - Nov. 4, 2011 - StoryRove swats Cain for accusing Perry - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story

87. Cain accuser reportedly felt 'work hostility' - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story

86. Perry to Cain: No apology - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

85. King not buying reports on Cain - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

84. AFP investigating Cain-linked group - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

83. Cain accuser took complaint to National Restaurant Association board - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

82. Sources reveal new details about Cain allegation - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

81. No Gloria Cain tomorrow night, but eventually - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

80. Rush: 'Cain hasn't handled ... ambush very well' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

79. Anderson wants 'transparency for everybody' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

78. Restaurant association to decide Friday on accuser's request to make statement - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

77. Block backpedals on Anderson attack - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

76. Second Cain accuser got $45,000 - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

75. Cain accuser got $45,000 - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

74. Cain back attacking Perry camp - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

73. Baptist leader Land says 'complete transparency' needed from Cain - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

72. Rahm spokesman: WashTimes story 'absurd' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

71. Santorum says accusations flap not Cain's biggest problem - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

70. Accuser's attorney asks Restaurant Association about issuing statement - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

69. Priebus on leaks: RNC isn't 'Sherlock Holmes' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

68. Anderson says Cain 'floundering,' accusations a 'diversionary strategy' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

67. Cain and Thomas, together at last - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

66. Herman Cain should start wising up - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

65. Cain flap exposes generation gap - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story

64. Furor follows Cain to Capitol Hill - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

63. Rahm! - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

62. Perry camp floats Mitt as culprit - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

61. Gingrich says Cain needs to regroup with his team - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

60. Cain lashes out at Perry campaign - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

59. Cain expected vindication - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

58. Bachmann drills harder on Cain allegations - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

57. Cain confronts more allegations - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

56. Cain accuses former adviser Curt Anderson of leaking - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

55. Iowa radio host accuses Cain of 'inappropriate' remarks - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

54. Third woman comes forward to AP - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

53. GOP pollster makes Cain accusation - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

52. Rove: Cain must let accusers speak - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

51.Attorney: Waiting for a callback from restaurant association - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

50. Cain brushes off harassment questions - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

49. Cain reaction: Not by the book - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

48. The sound of silence - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

47. Barbour tells Cain to 'get the facts out' - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

46. Still cautious on Cain - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

45. Iowa yawns at Cain flap - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story

44. A year's salary paid to one Cain accuser - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

43. Bachmann warns against candidates with 'surprises' - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

42. Lawyer: Lift gag on Cain's accuser - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

41. Cain won't say whether he will ask the Restaurant Association to let accuser speak - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

40. Santorum on Cain: 'Experience' a plus - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

39. Cain accuser's lawyer says she wants to tell her story - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

38. Gloria Cain may appear on Fox News on Friday - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

37. GOP senators to dine with Cain tonight - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

36. Cain now recalls 'couple of other' items in accuser's complaint - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

35. Cain says he remembered settlement Monday - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

34. Cain's damage control - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

32. National Restaurant Association closes ranks - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

31. The non-judgmental case against Cain - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

30. Restaurant group nixed backing Cain - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

29. Cain damage control adds fuel to fire - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story

28. Cain explains nationally - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

27. Cain's story shifts - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

26. Cain story divides conservatives - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

25. Cain's conflicting accounts - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

24. Experts: Quiet settlements not uncommon - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

23. Van Susteren husband at Cain event as 'friend' - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

22. Cain now acknowledges details of payout - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

21. VIDEO: Team Cain's responses - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

20. Cain contradicts former association HR chief on investigation - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

19. Cain sings - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

18. Cain claims 'enough said,' but story inconsistent - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

17. Cain Iowa chairman: 'Distraction' will help here - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

16. Cain acknowledges settlement details - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

15. Cain acknowledges harassment accusations - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

14. Cain-led restaurant group declines comment - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

13. Rove ratchets up pressure on Cain - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

12. Cain rebuffs question on NRA report - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

11. Rove to Cain: True or false? - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

10. Block denies harassment, hedges on settlement - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

9. Cain ducks press at AEI - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

8. Trump: Cain settled to dodge fees - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

7. Concerned Women for America wants answers from Cain - Oct. 31, 2011 – Story

6. Team Cain's 'recipe for disaster' - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

5. Cain to appear on Fox Monday - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story

4. Cain attacks, doesn't deny POLITICO report - Oct. 30, 2011 - Story

3. Cain attacks POLITICO report - Oct. 30, 2011 – Story

2. Paul camp responds to Cain story -- by hitting him on TARP - Oct. 30, 2011 – Story

1. Exclusive: 2 women accused Cain of inappropriate behavior - Oct. 30, 2011 - Story

All this information comes from the Politico search engine. I've removed any obvious duplicates, but It should be noted that some of these stories may be on the same topic. For example, their Campaign 2012 blog sometimes borrows extensively from their own political stories.

Follow Charlie Spiering on Twitter

How many have they done on F n F??? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2011, 10:55:12 AM »
Media Onslaught Continues: 63 Stories on Herman Cain in Just Over Four Days
By Scott Whitlock | November 04, 2011

The unrelenting network coverage of the Herman Cain sexual harassment story continued on Thursday and Friday with an additional 13 stories. That brings the total number of reports to a staggering 63 stories in just four and a half days.

Good Morning America offered up three stories on Friday, including a Brian Ross report tinged with anonymous allegations and rumor-mongering. Ross speculated, "Former employees tell ABC News, Cain was a regular on Washington's after-work bar scene, often with young women who worked with him at the restaurant association." Ross hinted, "Some say it was just Cain being personable and gregarious."

The ABC reporter also talked to Ricki Seidman, who he simply identified as a "political operative." Ross left out the fact that Seidman has worked for Bill Clinton, Michael Dukakis and other Democrats.

Of Cain's accusers, who are anonymous, the political operative sympathized, "They've been called by all kinds of names already by people who have no idea who they are." (Ross did explain that Seidman worked with Anita Hill when she testified against Clarence Thomas.)

On NBC's Today, guest news anchor Tamron Hall compared the scandal to the 1991 Thomas hearings, misrepresenting what the now-Supreme Court judge was accused of. She suggested Cain has compared "himself to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, whose confirmation was held up by a sexual assault allegation."

Thomas was not accused of sexual assault. He was accused of harassment. On Wednesday, CBS's Betty Nguyen made a similarly incorrect statement. Of Herman Cain, she erroneously claimed, "One of two women who accuse Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual assault wants to speak out."

No one has accused him of sexual assault.

Today host Ann Curry predicted bad things in store for Cain: "And as we both know, Herman Cain's been working pretty hard trying to steer the focus away from these sexual harassment allegations that have been dogging his campaign but, boy, it could get a lot worse before it gets better."

Reporter Lisa Myers did allow, "In the eyes of many conservatives, Cain, like Thomas, is a victim of the media." Today had a total of four stories.

On CBS's Early Show, Face the Nation anchor Bob Schieffer appeared to proclaim the Cain campaign is in "real trouble."

Early Show correspondent Jan Crawford explained, "And this morning, a pro-Cain political action committee is running a new Web ad attacking the left and the media, saying the controversy is motivated by race." Early Show offered three reports.

On Thurday's evening newscasts, all three programs offered one full report each. World News' Jon Karl observed, "Despite the confusing and conflicting accounts offered by Cain this week, his campaign has been raking in cash, claiming to raise $1.2 million since the story broke last Sunday

A transcript of the Brian Ross GMA segment, which aired on November 4,  can be found below:

7am tease

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Under pressure. New twists in the growing Herman Cain scandal. Did he invite a young woman back to his apartment. Is one of his accusers about to speak out? Cain fights back this morning. And our new poll shows he's holding strong so far.

7:05           

ROBIN ROBERTS: But now, George, we're going to move on to those fast-moving developments surrounding Republican front-runner Herman Cain this morning. There are new details surfacing about his alleged advances on women who worked for him at the National Restaurant Association. And one woman could be ready to tell her side of the story as early as today. Our chief investigative correspondent, Brian Ross, is in D.C. and has the latest on all this. Good morning, Brian.

BRIAN ROSS: Well, Good morning, Robin. Later today, we may get the first word from one of the women who made sexual harassment allegations against Cain and agreed to remain silent about it in return for a cash settlement, a reported $45,000. Now, she wants to issue a written statement to dispute with what Cain has said, his strong denial about the allegations during his tenure at the national restaurant association. Former employees tell ABC News, Cain was a regular on Washington's after-work bar scene, often with young women who worked with him at the restaurant association. Some say it was just Cain being personable and gregarious. But Thursday, Cain was pressed about new accounts. That he asked one female employee to return to his corporate apartment with him.

SEAN HANNITY: Do you even have a corporate apartment?

HERMAN CAIN: I had an apartment near the airport because I travel so much. That's true. Sean, this is absolutely fabrication, man.

ROSS: And Cain told Sean Hannity, he never even made flattering remarks to the woman.

CAIN: I didn't make those kinds of compliments. I didn't say that she looked hot or whatever, this sort of thing. I know I didn't do that kind of stuff.

ROSS: As ABC News has reported, two of the women who received settlements from the restaurant association are well-known in government circles. One, in her 50s, now, married and a spokesperson for a federal agency in Washington. The other, now in her 40s, single. Registered as a lobbyist in New Jersey. Both are said to fear the consequences of going public.

RICKI SEIDMAN (former Senate investigator): There's good reason for them to be afraid.

ROSS: Ricki Seidman is a political operative who persuaded Anita Hill to go public during the confirmation hearings of Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas. She sees parallels with how the women who accused Cain are now being treated.

SEIDMAN: They've been called by all kinds of names already by people who have no idea who they are.

ROSS: That's just par for the course?

SEIDMAN: In a political campaign? You bet ya.

ROSS: And the Cain campaign is already trying to turn the tables with a new commercial that paints the allegations as fabrications from rivals and the liberal media, with pointed comparisons to Clarence Thomas.                           

CLARENCE THOMAS: This is a circus. It's a national disgrace. It is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves.

ROSS: In another part of their defense by going on the offense, Cain's new team of crisis managers say, they are including all of the options including possible lawsuits against Politico, who first reported the story, and others who are following up on it now, George.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2011/11/04/media-onslaught-continues-63-stories-cain-just-over-four-days

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2011, 11:03:05 AM »
Cal Thomas gets it right:  "Many other Democrats in modern times have been caught with their pants down -- JFK, John Edwards. Some paid a political price. Most did not because their policies were favored by the liberal media, which gave them cover.

Now it is Herman Cain's turn and the rules have suddenly changed."

Herman Cain's Gauntlet
Cal Thomas
Nov 03, 2011

When it comes to sex, the media apply different standards to Republicans and Democrats.

Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton allegedly trolled for women, using state troopers as his procurers. As president, Clinton engaged in oral sex with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office. He lied about it under oath and was impeached, though later acquitted by the U.S. Senate. Other sexual accusations tainted Clinton, including one that he raped one Juanita Broaddrick. That "everybody lies about sex" and "it was just sex" and didn't affect his public responsibilities, were just two of the exculpatory statements from Clinton's Democratic defenders. James Carville slimed Paula Jones, one of Clinton's accusers, by saying you never know what you'll find "when you drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park."

Many other Democrats in modern times have been caught with their pants down -- JFK, John Edwards. Some paid a political price. Most did not because their policies were favored by the liberal media, which gave them cover.

Now it is Herman Cain's turn and the rules have suddenly changed.
Cain stands accused of sexually harassing two women more than a decade ago when he headed the National Restaurant Association. Many in the media wolf pack have already judged him guilty because he updated his initial statement denying the allegations. And yet The Washington Post, in association with Politico.com -- which broke the "story" -- routinely updates its online pages when new information comes to light.

Is Cain, a relative media novice, expected to have instant and total recall of events that may or may not have happened more than 10 years ago?

The way this works is, if you can't give the media immediate and detailed answers to their questions, they "raise new questions" and then when you do provide them additional information they say you should have provided it before and must be covering something up, prompting even more questions.

One cannot say what, if any, political motives the anonymous female accusers might have, or even if they helped bring these charges to Politico. So much of this is subjective. What is known is that a charge of sexual harassment is not proof that sexual harassment occurred.

This story also has a noxious odor of racism about it. Historically, perhaps the worst stereotype directed at African-American men is that they are oversexed and constantly on the prowl for female conquests.

Cain's candidacy has unnerved the Washington political establishment. I have just finished his book "This is Herman Cain!: My Journey to the White House." In it, I learned that Cain is a self-made man who achieved success without government and without self-loathing. He is the enemy of big government, and of Democrats' "can't do" condescending attitude toward minorities. Cain exudes a positive and optimistic spirit.

Were Cain to become president, this "CEO of self" would threaten the political and economic prison liberal Democrats have built to keep disenfranchised minorities down and voting for Democrats for fear their government programs will end. Cain has a better way and he writes about it in his inspiring personal story, which is the embodiment of the American Dream.

This is why Cain is being excoriated by the liberal left. Even some in the Republican establishment wish he would just go away. There will be more on this as reporters and tabloids throw money at Cain's accusers, seeking to get them to talk in violation of their termination agreements.

If you're wondering why more qualified people don't run for office, consider what is being done to Herman Cain. People don't want every mistake or bad decision they've made trumpeted from the rooftops and so they avoid politics to the nation's detriment.

Cain may ultimately triumph over these allegations. On Monday Cain recorded his biggest fundraising day ever, netting $400,000. Still, the best defense is a good offense and what would be best for Cain is for him to get all the facts out, immediately, before his enemies do it for him.

http://townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/2011/11/03/herman_cains_gauntlet/page/full/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
CBS, NBC Ignore Embarrassing Gaffe: Obama Caught Mocking Israel's Prime Minister
By Scott Whitlock | November 08, 2011

The CBS and NBC morning shows on Tuesday both ignored an embarrassing gaffe committed by Barack Obama: Being caught on an open mic, mocking Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Only ABC's Good Morning America covered it with a single news brief.

News anchor Josh Elliott explained, "At last week's G20 summit, the BBC reports that President Sarkozy was overheard calling Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a liar. In response, President Obama told Sarkozy, and I quote, 'You may be sick of him, but I have to deal with him every day.'"

NBC's Today and CBS's Early Show found no time for this, but they did allow multiple segments on the conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor.

In contrast, George W. Bush in September of 2000 was caught on an open mic, making fun of New York Times journalist Adam Clymer a "major league a**hole." A September 5, 2000 Media Reality Check explained how the networks covered that gaffe:

ABC and NBC led off with the big news last night that an open microphone caught George W. Bush telling Dick Cheney that New York Times reporter Adam Clymer was a "major league a–hole." All three networks returned to the subject this morning. Newsweek’s Howard Fineman announced on NBC’s Today "there goes the newsroom vote." On CBS, Bryant Gumbel declared "Bush may have taken yet another step backwards by sticking his foot in his mouth with a vulgar comment." This from the man recently caught calling a conservative a "f–-ing idiot."

Perhaps the networks consider insulting a journalist with a profanity as worse than deriding the leader of one of America's closest allies?

A transcript of the November 08 GMA news brief can be found below:

JOSH ELLIOTT: Meanwhile, President Obama and the president of France have apparently fallen victim to an open microphone. At last week's G20 summit, the BBC reports that President Sarkozy was overheard calling Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a liar. In response, President Obama told Sarkozy, and I quote, "You may be sick of him, but I have to deal with him every day." End quote.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2011/11/08/cbs-nbc-ignore-embarrassing-gaffe-obama-caught-mocking-israels-prime

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
CBS, NBC Ignore Embarrassing Gaffe: Obama Caught Mocking Israel's Prime Minister
By Scott Whitlock | November 08, 2011

The CBS and NBC morning shows on Tuesday both ignored an embarrassing gaffe committed by Barack Obama: Being caught on an open mic, mocking Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Only ABC's Good Morning America covered it with a single news brief.

News anchor Josh Elliott explained, "At last week's G20 summit, the BBC reports that President Sarkozy was overheard calling Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a liar. In response, President Obama told Sarkozy, and I quote, 'You may be sick of him, but I have to deal with him every day.'"
NBC's Today and CBS's Early Show found no time for this, but they did allow multiple segments on the conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor.

In contrast, George W. Bush in September of 2000 was caught on an open mic, making fun of New York Times journalist Adam Clymer a "major league a**hole." A September 5, 2000 Media Reality Check explained how the networks covered that gaffe:

ABC and NBC led off with the big news last night that an open microphone caught George W. Bush telling Dick Cheney that New York Times reporter Adam Clymer was a "major league a–hole." All three networks returned to the subject this morning. Newsweek’s Howard Fineman announced on NBC’s Today "there goes the newsroom vote." On CBS, Bryant Gumbel declared "Bush may have taken yet another step backwards by sticking his foot in his mouth with a vulgar comment." This from the man recently caught calling a conservative a "f–-ing idiot."

Perhaps the networks consider insulting a journalist with a profanity as worse than deriding the leader of one of America's closest allies?

A transcript of the November 08 GMA news brief can be found below:

JOSH ELLIOTT: Meanwhile, President Obama and the president of France have apparently fallen victim to an open microphone. At last week's G20 summit, the BBC reports that President Sarkozy was overheard calling Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a liar. In response, President Obama told Sarkozy, and I quote, "You may be sick of him, but I have to deal with him every day." End quote.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2011/11/08/cbs-nbc-ignore-embarrassing-gaffe-obama-caught-mocking-israels-prime

is this the embarrassing gaffe?

who cares?

also, who cares if Bush called some reporter an asshole

what's so shocking about either of those things