Author Topic: Stock Market discussion  (Read 50696 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Stock Market discussion
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2021, 04:07:20 PM »
Jen Psaki WYHI?

Only if the curtain matches the drapes

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2021, 04:17:41 PM »
I am looking forward to see where this GameStop issue ends. It is highly complex.
How do you prove that thousands of Reddit users are pumping a stock?
Are they really doing anything illegal?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2021, 04:26:10 PM »
I am looking forward to see where this GameStop issue ends. It is highly complex.

Likewise, I'm keeping an eye on this and I'm very curious to see where it goes.

I don't think there is a clear-cut way to correlate REDDIT users to these purchases. In theory, you could assume that the 2.5 million members of that subgroup could have ALL banded together to make these buys, but no hard way of proving correlation. Some of the more sinister rumors is that other hedgefunds were in on the large purchasing (granted this can be tracked) in order to make money on the rise.

I don't think anything they're doing is illegal. There was no insider trading. Literally a group of people coming together to help a company out by buying shares, thereby increasing the price per share.

What I find more disgusting is when big hedge funds short a company like Gamestop, which automatically lowers its price when all those shares are sold to begin the short and you know that part of their hope is for the company to shutdown and liquidate, that way they don't have to return the shorted shares and they get to keep the profit from their sale. That should be illegal, especially when the amount of volume those hedge funds short is enough to drive a company out of business.

"1"

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2021, 04:58:34 PM »

The WSB investors have not done anything illegal.

The short situation was identified by one of their members in 2019. The hedge funds had over a year to correct the situation. They never anticipated the rise in GME stock, they were betting heavily on bankruptcy for GameStop.

What Robinhood, Melvin, Steve Cohen, the SEC etc. did WAS illegal.

What the hedge fund insiders, Wall Street, and the federal government were expecting was that when WSB members couldn’t buy on Thursday and could only sell, that the group would fold, take some profit, and collapse spectacularly. When WSB held and didn’t sell, the hedge funds were wiped out. Not just on the GME stock, possibly to the point of complete liquidation if the WSB folks continue to hold.

Or....this is the greatest smokescreen in history and the hedge funds are in on the short squeeze and also want stimulus bailout money after the collapse?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2021, 05:20:14 PM »
What Robinhood, Melvin, Steve Cohen, the SEC etc. did WAS illegal.

I hope those fuckers will pay for what they did. But it will probably just be a fine, if they are even convicted.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2021, 05:51:20 PM »
I hope those fuckers will pay for what they did. But it will probably just be a fine, if they are even convicted.
an

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/29/kevin-clinesmith-ex-fbi-sentenced-year-probation-f/

An FBI lawyer (Kevin Clinesmith) falsified documents to allow illegal FISA applications to be made so that an innocent man could be spied on.

And he got sentenced to 12 months probation.

The swamp is BEYOND corrupt, they don’t even try to hide it anymore.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2021, 08:00:31 PM »
Expand on this so that I can follow more clearly..

Postulation on my part... You believe debit cards as a response to this recent short squeeze in order to make sure that federal reserve money isn't used to squeeze the rich? Thereby, mostly limiting use for food and the paying of bills by way of restriction to debit card use with possibly no option to pull out hard cash?

I lean on this theory, because a lot of those REDDIT members were supposedly not very well off (many making less than $40k/year) and so I can see where some of the recent stimulus money could have been used to purchase GME stocks. Making wealth off of free money (that's rich).

"1"

The last stimulus money I received was on a debit card. It was a hassle to activate and an even bigger pain to transfer the measly $132 into my checking account. Apparently, if you don't have get a federal tax return, they don't have direct deposit info for you and a debit card is somehow less trouble for them than sending out a checks. Who knew that plastic was cheaper than paper.  :)

I guess instead of complaining, I should be thankful that I got any stimulus money at all. I blew it all on high end stock purchases.   ;D ;D ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2021, 08:01:32 PM »
It goes to show you can’t trust a single politician.  Trump was right about Warren aka Pocahontas.  She claimed to be the sheriff of Wall Street and trust out she is just another cronie.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2021, 08:25:19 PM »
On Monday it is going to be a very interesting day for silver prices.

JP Morgan holds a massive short position in silver. Real prices for silver, without market manipulation and with inflation factored in, should be close to $1,000 an ounce.

Now there seems to be chatter that WSB will make silver (JP Morgan) their next target.

If any Getbiggers decide to participate, let us know how it is playing out. I don’t think the guy in the White House is able to step in and stop any of this.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2021, 10:02:53 PM »

JP Morgan holds a massive short position in silver. Real prices for silver, without market manipulation and with inflation factored in, should be close to $1,000 an ounce.

Now there seems to be chatter that WSB will make silver (JP Morgan) their next target.

If any Getbiggers decide to participate, let us know how it is playing out. I don’t think the guy in the White House is able to step in and stop any of this.

is there a silver ETF that you know of?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2021, 10:06:48 PM »

So silver should be more expensive than gold???? Come on man.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2021, 10:26:40 PM »

Heard this back in 2011.

The problem is nobody wants physical silver or physical gold. The only reason they are asking for deliveries is to create a squeeze on delivery causing the price to go higher. Once it flies up, they exit and it comes crashing back down.

It’s fake demand.

People buying physical silver with no use for it other than to cause prices to fly up so they can sell for profit arguing that it’s being manipulated and the prices should be higher so they can make more profit and it’s unfair..... lol. 

Let’s be real and call a spade a spade.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2021, 10:27:51 PM »
..they were betting heavily on bankruptcy for GameStop. ..

Yeah, no wonder, who buys this shit?
GameStop is dead and has absolute zero chance against steam, epic etc..

Of course you would bet that it goes bankrupt.
That is GameStop's own fault, it has no future.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2021, 11:03:05 PM »
So silver should be more expensive than gold???? Come on man.

That is not what I said. Everyone has a different interpretation of the market and what it will do.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2021, 11:09:48 PM »
Heard this back in 2011.

The problem is nobody wants physical silver or physical gold. The only reason they are asking for deliveries is to create a squeeze on delivery causing the price to go higher. Once it flies up, they exit and it comes crashing back down.

It’s fake demand.

People buying physical silver with no use for it other than to cause prices to fly up so they can sell for profit arguing that it’s being manipulated and the prices should be higher so they can make more profit and it’s unfair..... lol. 

Let’s be real and call a spade a spade.

That is what I just said if I’m understanding correctly who “they” are in your scenario?

The short squeeze (if you want to call it that and if it happens) will be directed at JP Morgan to force them to cover and how the market reacts, more than a desire to own silver.

Attempts to manipulate (or corner like the Hunt brothers) the silver market have been going on for 40 years.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2021, 03:22:29 AM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2021, 03:47:46 AM »
That is what I just said if I’m understanding correctly who “they” are in your scenario?

The short squeeze (if you want to call it that and if it happens) will be directed at JP Morgan to force them to cover and how the market reacts, more than a desire to own silver.

Attempts to manipulate (or corner like the Hunt brothers) the silver market have been going on for 40 years.

Speculators. Those who ask for delivery yet have no need for delivery other than to create a shortage to send prices higher where they can dump their silver for a profit.

The reason the PM market is manipulated to have downward pressure on prices down is to counter the actions by speculators to manipulate prices to go up.

In 2011 the plan was to try and crash the Comex by asking for physical delivery. A shortage came about and price ran upwards. People sold and made a bundle. Supply went through the roof and the price crashed back to 11 bucks.

From the speculators perspective, It was apparently evil of the Comex to manipulate the delivery system to avoid prices skyrocketing yet once people made huge profit and bailed it became obvious there was no requirement for physical silver in the first place.

This is why regulators cracks the shits. Free market is fine but it shouldn’t mean taking the piss and blowing shit up to the point of collapse on purpose.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2021, 06:30:54 AM »
The bigs are always looking for a scapegoat.

The best one is "you did it to yourselves"...followed by things where you can't blame a person(covid etc)...followed by dead people that you can make stories about(911 etc).

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2021, 07:37:26 AM »
Monday we may see silver do things we haven't seen since since the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market 40 years ago.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2021, 08:57:18 AM »
is there a silver ETF that you know of?

SLV is the main one. Silver has been range bound for a awhile. We’ll see if the recent turbulence changes that.

Six month chart:

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2021, 09:17:43 AM »
SLV is the main one. Silver has been range bound for a awhile. We’ll see if the recent turbulence changes that.

Six month chart:

Thanks... wasn't too keen to buy spot silver

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2021, 09:26:09 AM »
Thanks... wasn't too keen to buy spot silver

Volume more than 3x the average on Friday. Definitely something going on. IMO it’s too early to tell which way it’s gonna break:

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2021, 09:36:30 AM »
Volume more than 3x the average on Friday. Definitely something going on. IMO it’s too early to tell which way it’s gonna break:

Exactly what I saw.... also look at the heavy accumulation back in August .. break above recent high resistance area should see a nice spike

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2021, 10:56:24 AM »

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2021, 02:26:50 PM »

simple

because he's corrupt and protecting the wealthy jews