Author Topic: Stock Market discussion  (Read 50688 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Stock Market discussion
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2021, 12:57:31 PM »

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2021, 01:07:50 PM »

The little guy always loses. Always. ALWAYS. ALL WAYS.

Amateurs don’t understand that they’re dealing with professionals and this isn’t a fucking joke. If somebody with no experience got into the ring against a professional boxer they wouldn’t think it would go well yet for some reason they think the stock market is different.

Things traded on an exchange (stocks/commoditie futures) show indications of what the "big guys" are doing by the formations on the price and volume charts...Little guys think they can deduce what is going to happen and ride the wave like a surfer...and maybe some can.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2021, 07:52:43 AM »
The bottom is falling out.  One dude has lost millions on reddit. WTF!  Should have cashed out.  Now lingering people are buying shares while the bottom is crashing.  The denial on that site is hillarious.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2021, 07:55:22 AM »
Ofcourse it will crash eventually, it was shorted for a reason. The company itself is worthless, artificially held up by investors.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2021, 01:12:09 PM »
good take

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2021, 02:20:22 AM »
#Amazon, #Facebook and #Alphabet have earned >$90bn in combined annual profits in 2020.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2021, 02:57:17 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2021, 04:31:13 AM »
Stocks have been going fantastic for four years. People are afraid now with Democrats in charge. I think we will see a massive sell off. It's a question of when and not if it will happen. Democrats want their self created shut downs to end. The economy will temporary soar when they achieve this goal during the predicted summer months then then the big crash will come later. No one has a crystal ball but it's coming. When it does happen it will be a panic sell off and not a gradual one. Watch the stock market lose over 25% value on one day. The second day will be worse.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2021, 08:44:22 AM »
Stocks have been going fantastic for four years. People are afraid now with Democrats in charge. I think we will see a massive sell off. It's a question of when and not if it will happen. Democrats want their self created shut downs to end. The economy will temporary soar when they achieve this goal during the predicted summer months then then the big crash will come later. No one has a crystal ball but it's coming. When it does happen it will be a panic sell off and not a gradual one. Watch the stock market lose over 25% value on one day. The second day will be worse.

The economy has been shut down for a year and the stock market (DJIA) has continued to climb over 30,000, the bubble is very easy to see.

When you start to hear the fringe funds (the second tier guys) start talking about going to cash....get out.

Look back at the Obama crash in 2008 and compare it to the mini crash in early 2020. The next big slice will last a long time under the current administration.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2021, 05:21:07 AM »
Bill Gates essentially admitted this morning on CNBC that he’s short on Tesla. I think he’s right. All this talk of Tesla being more than a car company seems like BS to me. Moreover, all of these car companies are making EVs now. I’m up 60% in Ford, which i took a position in shortly before someone put up a thread on here about how Ford was going bankrupt (I can’t find the thread). On the other hand, I sold Tata Motors right before it took off. I see most car companies doing well with the great EV conversion that’s coming.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2021, 06:12:39 AM »
good take

Us Irish know our stuff

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2021, 06:59:34 AM »
Bill Gates essentially admitted this morning on CNBC that he’s short on Tesla. I think he’s right. All this talk of Tesla being more than a car company seems like BS to me. Moreover, all of these car companies are making EVs now. I’m up 60% in Ford, which i took a position in shortly before someone put up a thread on here about how Ford was going bankrupt (I can’t find the thread). On the other hand, I sold Tata Motors right before it took off. I see most car companies doing well with the great EV conversion that’s coming.

Just look at Tesla's P/E ratio.  It is insane.  Apple recorded a $120 Billion quarter and they are valued just 3 times more than Tesla who is lucky to break a billion.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2021, 08:00:34 AM »
Just look at Tesla's P/E ratio.  It is insane.  Apple recorded a $120 Billion quarter and they are valued just 3 times more than Tesla who is lucky to break a billion.

I buy more Apple on every dip - like right now. It’s a great growth and income stock to just squirrel away.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2021, 08:54:46 AM »
I buy more Apple on every dip - like right now. It’s a great growth and income stock to just squirrel away.

I always thought Apple was overpriced at as a 2.2 trillion dollar company. yet they make 1.2 trillion a year and I realize they are underpriced.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2021, 10:05:40 AM »

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2021, 10:42:56 AM »
Clover Health isn’t for me but I like his advice about having different trading platforms for your different investing goals. I have one account where I trade frequently and try to make money and one where I put my long term income stocks.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2021, 02:45:57 PM »
I always thought Apple was overpriced at as a 2.2 trillion dollar company. yet they make 1.2 trillion a year and I realize they are underpriced.

It says a lot that Apple is Warren Buffett's biggest holding.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2021, 03:12:22 PM »
This year, especially Q3 and Q4, value "old economy" stocks are going to come roaring back as gains from "growth stocks" recycle back into value. Such stocks are also the place you want to be in the next phases of the economic cycle.

Mark my words on this...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2021, 05:31:06 AM »
The stock market took a nice ride up with the help of the stimulus money.  A lot of people who didn't need those first couple of checks just used apps like Robinhood and put it in the stock market.  Now the market is inching higher daily in hopes of Biden passing another stimulus plan.  Problem is they lowered the bar in who will get the checks.  Now it'll just be the lower earners which means they need this money and won't just dump it into the stock market.  Once the market realizes they aren't getting the bump they thought they would from this new plan, all stocks will take a big dip.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2021, 05:32:18 AM »
It says a lot that Apple is Warren Buffett's biggest holding.

At least they actually make something of value that is superior in the marketplace.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2021, 05:33:10 AM »
The stock market took a nice ride up with the help of the stimulus money.  A lot of people who didn't need those first couple of checks just used apps like Robinhood and put it in the stock market.  Now the market is inching higher daily in hopes of Biden passing another stimulus plan.  Problem is they lowered the bar in who will get the checks.  Now it'll just be the lower earners which means they need this money and won't just dump it into the stock market.  Once the market realizes they aren't getting the bump they thought they would from this new plan, all stocks will take a big dip.

It's a race to prosperity or hyperinflation. History has already shown us how this goes. Printing like they know it will be worthless.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2021, 06:32:23 AM »

The feedback cycle is similar to a cocaine user.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2021, 05:31:16 PM »
Why in the world is the 30 year bond tanking so hard?

WTF?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2021, 01:14:00 AM »

I think yields  (interst rates) on the longer term bonds are going up. Thus, the value of the existing bonds go down.
Look at the 10 year bond yield on investing.com - this is an example of what I am saying.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2021, 05:17:15 AM »

WTF?

it's because our entire economy is smoke and mirrors now.