Author Topic: WWE MONEY IN THE BANK 2019.....Swerve City!!!! BROCK LESNAR wins the case!!  (Read 4843 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Just finished washing my car and missed the pre-show. Usos beat Daniel Bryan and Eric Rowan in a non-title match.

First up, women's MITB match. Nikki Cross is replacing Alexa Bliss.

I don't think Carmella gets the so-called "3-peat". I'll go with Mandy Rose. But, I love the Bumblebee get-up of Naomi, complete with afro puffs.

Men's Money in The Bank match: Raw competitors - Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre, Sami Zayn, and Bobby Lashley; Smackdown competitors - Finn Balor (IC champion), Andrade, Mustafa Ali, and Randy Orton. I've been picking McIntyre to be the next breakout star. MITB is perfect for him.

WWE World Heavyweight championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kevin Owens - I think the magic carpet ride continues for Kingston. But, if Big E is still hurt, it wouldn't surprise me if Xavier Woods turns heel on Smackdown.

WWE Universal Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. AJ Styles. It's safe to say that this should have been at 'Mania. But, I see Rollins eeking out a win in this one. They may be trying to turn Styles heel. But, with McIntyre in the cut, I don't see the sense in that.

WWE United States Championship: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio. They're doing some wacky thing with Mysterio's son, Dominick. I don't see a major swerve or anything. But, Joe keeps the US title, setting up a bigger match at another PPV.

Steel Cage Match: Miz vs. Shane McMahon - Miz has been getting the short end for too long. I think he gets some get-back and the win tonight.

Cruiserweight Title Match - Tony Nese (c) vs. I really don't care about puny wrestlers. Nese retains, I guess.

Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans. I smell beginner's luck, here. I'll go with the white Whitley Gilbert to knock off Lynch for the red women's belt.

Smackdown Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair. The fans are sick of this, as am I. Let Lynch beat Flair one last time and be done with this tired feud. Plus, I think a Lynch-Bayley rivalry could go places. But, I don't see a cash-in deal for Bayley tonight.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE MONEY IN THE BANK 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 05:42:53 PM »
Bailey gets the briefcase. And from the announcers' verbiage, it appears the briefcase is neutral. You can cash it on either the Raw or Smackdown women's champion.

And it maybe the case for the men's briefcase as well.

OK.....Mysterio has split open Joe's nose. He gets the roll-up and the ref summons his inner Earl Hebner and keeps counting even though Joe's left shoulder is CLEARLY OFF THE MAT! And when Dominick goes to the ring to celebrate, the beating ensues on Mysterio while the boy simply watches.

What is it about Mysterio, splitting people open? I remember during his matches with Taker, he busted the Deadman's nose almost every time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »
Now comes the cage match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »
MORE bad officiating! After Miz tenderizes Shane with a chair and hits a skull-crushing finale on the chair, he goes for the pin. Shane gets his foot on the ropes and the ref stops counting.

THERE ARE NO DQs in a cage. Feet on the ropes don't count. In any event, Shane tries to escape from the top. Miz catches him and tries to super-plex him AGAIN, ala WrestleMania. Only this time, Shane slips out of his T-shirt, falls to the floor, and wins the match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 07:27:20 PM »
Cruiser weight title.....yawn....Nese retains. Braun denies beating up Sami Zayn, knocking Zayn out of the ladder match but gets asked to leave by Helmsley. Raw women’s title is underway. Evans is looking very Sable-like....making it rain Lacey 100s.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 08:23:08 PM »
Now THIS is a swerve!! First, we get more bad officiating. Ref doesn’t count the shoulders when Evans has Lynch rolled up. Lynch escapes and applies the arm bar. Evans submits. Charlotte Flair immediately hits the ring for the Smackdown title match. At the end, Flair botched a natural selection neck breaker. As Lynch is rcovoinside the ring and the fee checks onFlair, Evans returns and whacks Lynch with her “woman’s right”
fist. Lynch survives that but gets the boot from Flair and gets pinned.

Lynch goes after Evans but Flair attacks Lynch and she gets tossed back in the ring for continued beatings. Then....Bayley shows up for the save but gets flattened by Flair. Flair is about to leave when she sees Bayley’s briefcase and decides to put Bayley down for good. She misses a spear and Baylee rams her into the post. As she struggles to get to her feet, Bayley hears the crowd ROARING and telling her to cash the briefcase on a KO’ed Flair. Bayley pauses then tells the ref (Mike Chioda....ugh!) to do it.

The announcement is made but SHOCKINGLY Chioda doesn’t help Flair to her feet. He simply rings the bell. Bayley hits the elbow from the top and gets the WIN!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 08:32:42 PM »
I forgot all about Reigns and Elias, who just Honky-tonked Reigns with the guitar in the back behind the curtain.

Elias go s to the ring gets a electric guitar and plays a song. As he’s leaving, Reigns’ music hits and he hits Elias with a Superman punch. He throws Elias in the ring; the ref calls for the bell; Reigns does the scream, hits the spear, and gets the win.

Crowd loves it. It appears they have finally warmed up to Reigns. And all it took was a NEAR-DEATH ILLNESS.

Universal title match is next. I guess there’s no RAW cash-in tonight.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 10:32:31 PM »
WWE title match....great match overall. Owens got knees to his back going for a Senton bomb. One trouble in Paradise later...... Kofi retains the title.

Men’s MITB match is next... and apparently there’s no replacement for Zayn.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »
COME ON, MAN!!! All this awesomeness, all this carnage (especially the beating Balor took) and who end up replacing Sami Zayn.....at the very end of the match....just as Mustafa Ali was about to unhook the briefcase.......BROCK LESNAR!!

Lesnar shoves Ali off the ladder, climbs it himself, and unhooks the briefcase. Now, Lesnar is Mr. Money In The Bank. He must really have a UFC right on deck because I’ve never seen him this small in WWE (relative to his usual 300-lb self) ever.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Some major screw ups during this PPV. During the Lacey vs Lynch match, Lacey rolled up Lynch for about a 5 count which the ref didn't even count? WTF was that? Then all of a sudden, the "Dis-armour" gets applied and Lacey taps out? Not sure if this was a ref screw up or a very bad timing on Lynch's part which she has also been know for. She botched the Rousey finish at WM. Also, Samoa Joe got legitimately a broken nose early in his match with massive blood causing the match to end prematurely. I do not believe Ray was supposed to win that at all. He apparently hurt his shoulder too? Lars Sullivan busted his forhead open while beating the shit out of the Mexican Luchadors. Main event saw a bunch of guys kill themselves for 15 minutes and all of a Sudden, Lesners walks out, tips a ladder over that hurt two of the camera men (another botch), tips the ladder over with Ali on it in the ring, and wins a briefcase in all of 20 seconds? Not the best PPV by far....now on Raw last night they introduced a new 24/7 title that can be defended/won anywhere anyplace anytime by anyone??? Another insult to the title won by hard working athletes of the past. Way to go Vince  ::) ::) ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Some major screw ups during this PPV. During the Lacey vs Lynch match, Lacey rolled up Lynch for about a 5 count which the ref didn't even count? WTF was that? Then all of a sudden, the "Dis-armour" gets applied and Lacey taps out? Not sure if this was a ref screw up or a very bad timing on Lynch's part which she has also been know for. She botched the Rousey finish at WM. Also, Samoa Joe got legitimately a broken nose early in his match with massive blood causing the match to end prematurely. I do not believe Ray was supposed to win that at all. He apparently hurt his shoulder too? Lars Sullivan busted his forhead open while beating the shit out of the Mexican Luchadors. Main event saw a bunch of guys kill themselves for 15 minutes and all of a Sudden, Lesners walks out, tips a ladder over that hurt two of the camera men (another botch), tips the ladder over with Ali on it in the ring, and wins a briefcase in all of 20 seconds? Not the best PPV by far....now on Raw last night they introduced a new 24/7 title that can be defended/won anywhere anyplace anytime by anyone??? Another insult to the title won by hard working athletes of the past. Way to go Vince  ::) ::) ::)

As if the TEN titles matches at ‘Mania weren’t enough. WWE needs another belt like a hole in the head.... let alone a hokey reboot of the hardcore title. I thought it would be a women’s intercontinental championship.

As stated earlier, Mysterio has a habit of busting people open. He did that to Taker repeatedly in 2009 and 2010.

cheftim

• Getbig III
I watched it again last night for the third time. Flub after flub. I keep reading that the Styles/Rollins was match of the year so far. I dont think those guys go good together. Both have long dark hair, beards, dark tights, and move the same. How many kick outs did that match have? I'll never watch anything HHH ever does again. Shane O'Mac is getting close to being put on that list. Love him but he's just done. I would have liked to see Brock throw a couple of suplex's before taking the brief case but him showing up was a great surprise. VKM is down to his last straw bringing back the beast. Turning Reigns heel at this point won't do anything for him. There are no up and coming superstars on the roster that can lead the WWE.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
As if the TEN titles matches at ‘Mania weren’t enough. WWE needs another belt like a hole in the head.... let alone a hokey reboot of the hardcore title. I thought it would be a women’s intercontinental championship.

As stated earlier, Mysterio has a habit of busting people open. He did that to Taker repeatedly in 2009 and 2010.
I was actually thinking the same thing. A women's IC title would have been ok. But this 24/7 belt is just plain ridiculous. Not sure what Vince is trying to accomplish here as he has the final say on everything.