Author Topic: Hey Prime - masks forever in Oregon.  (Read 5518 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Hey Prime - masks forever in Oregon.
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2021, 05:05:31 AM »
  Awesome Oregon. Did anyone there consider the fact that long term mask use in public will only serve to weaken immune systems. The immune system needs to be constantly challenged by the everyday bacteria and viruses .
No, they legalized meth and heroin so they aren't very smart.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2021, 06:00:28 AM »
  Awesome Oregon. Did anyone there consider the fact that long term mask use in public will only serve to weaken immune systems. The immune system needs to be constantly challenged by the everyday bacteria and viruses .

This has never been tried before on such a large scale. They have absolutely no idea of the physiological, psychological and sociological long-term effects.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2021, 06:24:31 AM »
MASKS TODAY, MASKS TOMORROW, MASKS FOREVER!
Powerline ^ | APRIL 18, 2021 | JOHN HINDERAKER
Posted on 4/18/2021, 10:27:45

There are, I think, many on the left who really don’t want to see covid hysteria end. Ever, or at least until it can be replaced by something else.

Thus, deep-blue Oregon is contemplating a permanent mask-wearing requirement.

A top health official is considering indefinitely extending rules requiring masks and social distancing in all businesses in the state.

The proposal would keep the rules in place until they are “no longer necessary to address the effects of the pandemic in the workplace.”

Michael Wood, administrator of the state’s department of Occupational Safety and Health, said the move is necessary to address a technicality in state law that requires a “permanent” rule to keep current restrictions from expiring.

Oregon Democrats assure residents that even though the rule is permanent, it will be repealed someday. But when? Like Dr. Fauci, Oregon’s officials can’t tell us when that day will ever come:

Officials said they have every intent to repeal the rule, and that decision will be made based on a complex mix of factors, including case counts, vaccination rates, case severity and advice from the Oregon Health Authority.

“It will be a complicated assessment when we do it, and I would say it is impossibly complicated to do in advance,” Wood said.

I will hazard a prediction: if it is implemented, the permanent rule will be repealed only when Oregonians engage in mass civil disobedience, refusing to obey it. But it might not come to that. Record numbers of public comments have flowed in, opposing the proposed rule, and 60,000 have signed a petition against it.

The point goes broadly for all of America. Liberals love covid restrictions and the arbitrary power they give to governments. They won’t stop bullying the rest of us until we make them stop.

(Excerpt) Read more at powerlineblog.com

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2021, 06:26:01 AM »
You can check media bias on this site.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

Here’s one. Note the headline and what can be found if you actually read the piece:

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2021/04/17/rolling-average-shows-coronavirus-cases-increasing-in-texas/

The rolling average of daily deaths in the state has decreased from 93.1 per day to 55.6, based on the data from Johns Hopkins.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2021, 09:42:19 AM »
Where I live in the Midwest very few people are wearing masks with more and more going maskless daily.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 09:48:12 AM »
Where I live in the Midwest very few people are wearing masks with more and more going maskless daily.

Where I live everyone wears a ridiculous face diaper other than a few.  In the am I usually go for a walk or hike whatever and there are most people - by themselves in their yard, or walking the dog, alone - wearing a FNG face mask outside.   Its so insane. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 09:52:09 AM »
Where I live everyone wears a ridiculous face diaper other than a few.  In the am I usually go for a walk or hike whatever and there are most people - by themselves in their yard, or walking the dog, alone - wearing a FNG face mask outside.   Its so insane.
That's how it was here a few months ago.  People walking all alone with a face diaper on.  I think people are just sick of it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2021, 09:56:59 AM »
That's how it was here a few months ago.  People walking all alone with a face diaper on.  I think people are just sick of it.

Not here in N.Y.  Most are all masked up like an obama and its beyond sad.   Mindless drones. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2021, 10:13:02 AM »
I don't see this passing.  It's another dumbass who has never had to earn a buck directly from their efforts trying to make a name for themselves.

As far as masks go, I don't care if it's temporary.  If it helps get things back to normal faster so business stop closing then I am for it.  This is not to be confused with the idiot who wears a mask in a car or the person who decides that a youtube vid from a general surgeon trumps the advice from an epidemiologist who has spent 4-8 years studying the transmission of diseases. 

BTW, I haven't been to Portland in 4 years.  Loved it then.  I don't know what it's like now.  The fucking rioting needs to stop.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 12:00:58 PM »
I find the masks dehumanizing - non-effective and a n object of control.   At this point it’s plainly obvious the social conditioning that the control freaks are imposing via these mask mandates. 

This is why I have and had always been anti mask since day one.

If you are the only human not wearing a mask, isn't that somewhat dehumanizing? How can you be sure they are not effective at reducing the chance you or someone else getting COVID? Any time you do something because it is the law or it is advised, it is a form of control.

I read a good article this morning about an irrational fear of COVID-19.  The chances of getting or giving someone COVID after being fully vaccinated are one in 11,000 and the chances of getting a version any worse than a common cold are even more remote. But they are not zero.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 12:03:13 PM »
Michael Wood, Oregon OSHA Administrator:

Grants Pass restaurant fined over $17,000 for COVID violations

https://www.mailtribune.com/top-stories/2021/04/07/grants-pass-restaurant-fined-over-17000-for-covid-violations/

Springfield restaurant fined $18,430 for COVID-19 violations

https://gorgenewscenter.com/2021/04/13/springfield-restaurant-fined-18430-for-covid-19-violations-including-willfully-exposing-workers/

It would be interesting to find out if those fines are ever paid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 12:04:33 PM »
If you are the only human not wearing a mask, isn't that somewhat dehumanizing? How can you be sure they are not effective at reducing the chance you or someone else getting COVID? Any time you do something because it is the law or it is advised, it is a form of control.

I read a good article this morning about an irrational fear of COVID-19.  The chances of getting or giving someone COVID after being fully vaccinated are one in 11,000 and the chances of getting a version any worse than a common cold are even more remote. But they are not zero.

::)   So just be a drone and march on wearing a face diaper outside? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 01:57:26 PM »
::)   So just be a drone and march on wearing a face diaper outside?

I guess. I'm not sure why some people think it is such a big deal to have to wear a mask. It is not like anyone is telling you do something which might actually hurt you. If you just want to make a statement, there are better ways to do that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
It's funny to see how Bill realizes more and more what idiots liberals are but still stays loyal to the democrats.

Typical Trumptard "logic"

Just because he calls out a few idiots in his own party from time to time doesn't mean that he wants to join a party that is 100% fucking moron 100% of the time ..oh and also full of TRAITORS

fucking moron

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 02:14:07 PM »
Does Channel have a $3000 designer mask yet?  lol

They do, but it only cost $18.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 02:14:21 PM »

It's still very much the same here. Lots of masks and full "double diaper" faces.

On Sunday i went hiking with my GF and we obviously were not wearing masks.

We passed this group of people with masks and one of the ladies pointed at us and said something.

I didn't hear what she said due to the full double diaper, but my GF promptly told her to go fuck herself. ;D

It was a proud moment for me. She might be a keeper after all.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 02:15:36 PM »
New Mexico is still enforcing things like crazy.

A lot of people are standing up and crying foul, since all these other states have opened up and are doing better than us.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 02:16:48 PM »
It's still very much the same here. Lots of masks and full "double diaper" faces.

On Sunday i went hiking with my GF and we obviously were not wearing masks.

We passed this group of people with masks and one of the ladies pointed at us and said something.

I didn't hear what she said due to the full double diaper, but my GF promptly told her to go fuck herself. ;D

It was a proud moment for me. She might be a keeper after all.

Your girlfriend is heroic.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2021, 02:20:08 PM »
Your girlfriend is heroic.

She's a spicy Mexican broad.

They are born to not take shit from people. ;D

I thought it was funny because she typically is not like this to random people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2021, 02:27:16 PM »
I was hiking once and this obese slob in a face diaper was wheezing.   His fat pos wife was looking at him.   I yelled at him to take the diaper off.   The slob could not even breath but oh he had a mask.  So fng stupid.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2021, 02:30:57 PM »
You beat me to the punch. I was going to post about it. It is fucking insane. Michael Wood, Oregon OSHA Administrator is proposing this permanent mandate. https://www.oregon.gov/newsroom/pages/NewsDetail.aspx?newsid=54264

Supposedly, the Governor can't renew the current mandate.

I am a law abiding citizen and not a big risk taker when it comes to my health, so I was fine with wearing a mask where required under the current directive, despite how uncomfortable I find it. But making it a permanent requirement pisses me off. If the legislature and Governor Brown allow this proposal....I think all hell will break loose. Oregon already has some of the most stringent rules and mandates in the country in response to the pandemic.

I may have to give up my seat on the left and move to the right on this issue.  :)

:o

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2021, 02:50:40 PM »
Why would someone go hiking with a mask?  That's stupid beyond stupid lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2021, 02:54:33 PM »
Why would someone go hiking with a mask?  That's stupid beyond stupid lol

You have no clue how ridiculous it is in NY w the COVIDidiots and their mask obsession s.