Author Topic: IFBB North Americans Pics - Mens Pre-Judging - Updates  (Read 26637 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
IFBB North Americans Pics - Mens Pre-Judging - Updates
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »
If anyone is trying to get in touch with Lonnie "used to be the swami" Teper this weekend - don't be alarmed if you don't hear from him.

LT made this prediction, "Thus, Grigori Atoyan gets a chance for atonement after letting me–and himself–down at the USA with a third place finish in the SHW class after I predicted victory for the Northern Cal based physique star. So, I’m going with Atoyan again to take his class, and predict it will be Grigori against Lee Banks, who I say wins the HW division in a close battle with Darrell Terrell, in the battle for the Overall title." --- http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blogs/lonnie/

He's either retired or has a rope around his neck by now.Grigori dropped down to heavyweights and will miss the top 5. Did the Swami give him the kiss of death?

Kirk DeFrancesco looked good in the supers and should best Stokely Palmer and Keith Williams for the class.
Elevate Your Image.™

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Ben Pakulski will win super-heavies

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
and overall

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
I helped Greg out for the 2006 NA's. (pictured below) Greg is a very nice guy. I have always said that if he ever takes his dieting seriously he would easly win a pro card.

Perfection

• Getbig II
  • Never forgotten
Check out that booty on him!  WHOLF

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Check out that booty on him!  WHOLF

I guess JT opened up a new account after his stupidity cost him his old one

:D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
I helped Greg out for the 2006 NA's. (pictured below) Greg is a very nice guy. I have always said that if he ever takes his dieting seriously he would easly win a pro card.

From the looks of his pics from the USA's and the NA's he needs your help again.

Sux cos he's a nor cal guy like myself, I wish the best for him, he's got tons of muscle, he's just never in shape.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
From the looks of his pics from the USA's and the NA's he needs your help again.

Sux cos he's a nor cal guy like myself, I wish the best for him, he's got tons of muscle, he's just never in shape.

Like I said Greg is a great guy. He does not like to eat though. He works a lot and had a hard time getting in all his meals. I think I started working with him bout 8 weeks out and he really didn't get real serious till around the 3 week mark.

Bodybuilding.com Webmaster

• Getbig II
  • The World's Most Visited Bodybuilding Site
Most Popular BB Site Online!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Like I said Greg is a great guy. He does not like to eat though. He works a lot and had a hard time getting in all his meals. I think I started working with him bout 8 weeks out and he really didn't get real serious till around the 3 week mark.

yea i can tell by his conditioning.

i saw him in person this year at a local npc show, he's a short stocky thicke mofo, if only he could bring it all together, he'd be dangerous.

and id imagine if he really wanted his pro card, he'd find a way to get those meals in.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Ben Pakulski will win super-heavies
He has some sic calves and good conditioning but I don't have him winning the class.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2008_ifbb_north_americans.htm
Elevate Your Image.™

io856

Theres some awesome physiques at this contest

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: IFBB North Americans Pics - Mens Pre-Judging - Updates
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 09:54:19 AM »
He has some sic calves and good conditioning but I don't have him winning the class.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2008_ifbb_north_americans.htm
Those 3 in the pics are truly impressive, what a tough class, do you think his legs take away from his back?

dlee

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »
Any results from the show yet?

gymnut03

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 07:14:47 PM »
If anyone is trying to get in touch with Lonnie "used to be the swami" Teper this weekend - don't be alarmed if you don't hear from him.

LT made this prediction, "Thus, Grigori Atoyan gets a chance for atonement after letting me–and himself–down at the USA with a third place finish in the SHW class after I predicted victory for the Northern Cal based physique star. So, I’m going with Atoyan again to take his class, and predict it will be Grigori against Lee Banks, who I say wins the HW division in a close battle with Darrell Terrell, in the battle for the Overall title." --- http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blogs/lonnie/

He's either retired or has a rope around his neck by now.Grigori dropped down to heavyweights and will miss the top 5. Did the Swami give him the kiss of death?

Kirk DeFrancesco looked good in the supers and should best Stokely Palmer and Keith Williams for the class.

gymnut03

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 07:20:10 PM »
I was at the North Americans and have to tell you that the hw  who took the overall deserved it. The bodybuilders were hustled on so fast and never really got a fair look.  The light heavyweights and heavyweights were way off in there order.

wannahit2

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »
While I was at the show, and i must say a few things:

This show was so poorly run, and was rushed is a huge understatement. The judging in the Light Heavyweight, and the Heavyweight was questionable at best.  The politics of this show, was far beyond anything i have ever seen in a pro qualifier. In the Top 5, Darrell Terrel, and Lee Banks got by on name alone.  Terrel was tiny, and Banks was soft but enormous. Banks's gut was something to be reckoned with though, distended beyond belief.  The quarter turns were just absurd having 33 competitors keeping each group on stage for less than a minute, having them come off, do their 45 second free posing, and then have callouts. How do you compare the competitors that were in the 3rd group to the 1st group? That's right, you don't have to if, you have a couple named guys in the grouping, and also if you wear anything that says "Species" you receive some favorable rankings. A Palumbo Special came in 9th in the heavyweights who has big arms, no back, and tiny legs.  Lastly what a shitty location for a competition.  The crowd was so not into this show at all.

gymnut03

• Getbig I
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »
Yes the show was very poorly run.  Worst show I have ever been to.  There were HW picked in the second group that should have been in the first group and there was one or two in the third group that should have definetley been called out in the first group.  No comparisons were done after the first five. And after the firts five the numbers how the men were placed was just awful.  Same went down for the LW.
Polititcs is an understatement alright.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 01:37:20 AM »
Yes the show was very poorly run.  Worst show I have ever been to.  There were HW picked in the second group that should have been in the first group and there was one or two in the third group that should have definetley been called out in the first group.  No comparisons were done after the first five. And after the firts five the numbers how the men were placed was just awful.  Same went down for the LW.
Polititcs is an understatement alright.

That doesnt mean the show was poorly RAN, it means it was poorly judged. Gary did a great job promoting this show. It was the judges who sucked.

gymnut03

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 12:05:28 PM »
You are right the judges certainly sucked.  The judges went strictly by name.  It was very disappointing.