Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Powerlifting / Strongman

Q&A WITH POWERLIFTING LEGEND VINCE ANELLO

<< < (6/9) > >>

big L dawg:
;D

smaul:

--- Quote from: vince anello on February 12, 2009, 09:00:26 AM ---I had my Biggest success with negative accentuated deadlifts.

--- End quote ---

Is this not dangerous for your back, seems like this would put a lot off stress on the vertebrae on the way down?

vince anello:
By  tensing the lats and back muscles on the negative it puts the spine in a better position on start of  pull.More chance of injury to spine at start of pull when muscles are relaxed and suddenly tensed.I used to always tense the muscles at start of pull.I also similated a negative in getting in position(SEE MY 810 pull in Perth)

www.americanstrengthlege nds.com

big L dawg:

--- Quote from: vince anello on February 16, 2009, 10:34:23 AM ---What Federation was Jackie in?

--- End quote ---

Jackie was is in NASA federation.he got 710lbs at 220bodyweight.and today he got 673lbs.didn't catch his weight today but I think he was lighter.he did not hold the world record.just the American record.

big L dawg:

--- Quote from: big L dawg on February 21, 2009, 12:17:00 PM ---Jackie was is in NASA federation.he got 710lbs at 220bodyweight.and today he got 673lbs.didn't catch his weight today but I think he was lighter.he did not hold the world record.just the American record.

--- End quote ---

they got nothing on you man.lifting raw like you was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version