Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 415616 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2015, 05:27:24 AM »
Military Presses strict up/down with dimes, sets of 10. Fried the old delts. 8)
chas with regards to sleep?

do u smoke or drink how much.
do u take any power naps/breaks
diet like.
i'm sure its late in the game ur over 40 and used to it by now..i would be a mess..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2015, 05:56:14 AM »
Today I went for another cycle, nice wind in my face most of the way...made me work harder :'(

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2015, 05:58:03 AM »
Today I went for another cycle, nice wind in my face most of the way...made me work harder :'(
[/quote
how ya feeling...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:18 AM »
[/quote
how ya feeling...
not too bad getting slowly better

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2015, 06:47:54 AM »
good man...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2015, 09:58:23 AM »
not too bad getting slowly better

This is good news. Are you able to work yet?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2015, 04:33:41 PM »
chas with regards to sleep?

do u smoke or drink how much.
do u take any power naps/breaks
diet like.
i'm sure its late in the game ur over 40 and used to it by now..i would be a mess..
Smoke about 4-5 cigars per week, have a whiskey with a cigar, don't drink casually,  tried the power naps at work, woke up more tired than ever don't do those anymore. Diet is average. Been issues with sleep since I was a teen.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2015, 07:39:32 AM »
Smoke about 4-5 cigars per week, have a whiskey with a cigar, don't drink casually,  tried the power naps at work, woke up more tired than ever don't do those anymore. Diet is average. Been issues with sleep since I was a teen.
ok..ur used to it..i need 6-7 to function..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »
leg day..

v squat machine..warmed 1 plate a side x20..2x15,3x12,4x10.5x10
lying sled press'weight stack versin,rides nice and has large foot placement plate 'all the way up hits hans,i d middle 'feet close'180/200/220/240
kettle ball lunges walking floor 45's x2
extensions x4 180/235..sets 12

single leg standing leg curl  60/80/90
seated leg curl 180/195/200

calves
leg press x4
pigeon toed standing calf raises 200x12

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2015, 08:35:03 AM »
You guys that take only a little sleep, may be meant to do that.

If you aren't collapsing in exhaustion at bedtime at least a night or two per week (to make up for all the nights you don't get more than a few hours), then it is probably written in your genes to have a lower requirement for sleep.  What else could it be?  If your body required the sleep, it would take it.  Even if it means nodding out every time you sit down.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2015, 10:14:17 AM »
You guys that take only a little sleep, may be meant to do that.

If you aren't collapsing in exhaustion at bedtime at least a night or two per week (to make up for all the nights you don't get more than a few hours), then it is probably written in your genes to have a lower requirement for sleep.  What else could it be?  If your body required the sleep, it would take it.  Even if it means nodding out every time you sit down.
sounds valid,,not set in stone whats right for everyone...i def need 6-7,,i do not use stimulants to keep me going like some people'heavy red bull /caff pills..ect...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »
sounds valid,,not set in stone whats right for everyone...i def need 6-7,,i do not use stimulants to keep me going like some people'heavy red bull /caff pills..ect...

Do you drink coffee at all, NJ?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #537 on: September 14, 2015, 05:41:58 AM »
Do you drink coffee at all, NJ?
I do/did every day and casual drinker weekends 'wine'couple glasses.currently on a prostate medicine treated for a slightly swollen prostate,about 5 wks ago woke up on a Monday urinating unusually and had pressure /pain like my bladder was not emptying..i hate taking medication but its helping..and I can sleep the night again..i'm 47 never smoked.in peak condition ,train hard,diet,but things happen.....anyway alcohol/caffeine can aggravate prostate so I have maybe 1 cup coffee week and I had a small glass wine with dinner...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #538 on: September 14, 2015, 08:20:04 AM »
I do/did every day and casual drinker weekends 'wine'couple glasses.currently on a prostate medicine treated for a slightly swollen prostate,about 5 wks ago woke up on a Monday urinating unusually and had pressure /pain like my bladder was not emptying..i hate taking medication but its helping..and I can sleep the night again..i'm 47 never smoked.in peak condition ,train hard,diet,but things happen.....anyway alcohol/caffeine can aggravate prostate so I have maybe 1 cup coffee week and I had a small glass wine with dinner...

That is crazy about the prostate issue.  Did the doc tell you it's unusual to suddenly become problematic like that (instead of appearing gradually)?  Good thing you were able to recognize symptoms to take care if it early.  Remember Frank Zappa was only in his 40s when he found out he had cancer in his prostate and he died very shortly after.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »
That is crazy about the prostate issue.  Did the doc tell you it's unusual to suddenly become problematic like that (instead of appearing gradually)?  Good thing you were able to recognize symptoms to take care if it early.  Remember Frank Zappa was only in his 40s when he found out he had cancer in his prostate and he died very shortly after.
I was trying to figure that out,,i felt it was sudden,it could have gotten by an infection that settled in the area esp the urinary tract,cause that was what was affected,pain/discomfort/urine frequency,he did full check prostate he said it was 'boggy'so it causes pressure to  the tract by the extra swell .its treatable and not uncommon,,i never am sick or on any meds ever,so this was surprise,i went on many websites /medication websites to research condition .other than that i'm training like normal/feel great,everything else is fine.bp pressure/cholesterol,blood work..urine test was clean/culture /no blood,nada...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #540 on: September 14, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »
I was trying to figure that out,,i felt it was sudden,it could have gotten by an infection that settled in the area esp the urinary tract,cause that was what was affected,pain/discomfort/urine frequency,he did full check prostate he said it was 'boggy'so it causes pressure to  the tract by the extra swell .its treatable and not uncommon,,i never am sick or on any meds ever,so this was surprise,i went on many websites /medication websites to research condition .other than that i'm training like normal/feel great,everything else is fine.bp pressure/cholesterol,blood work..urine test was clean/culture /no blood,nada...

Yes, an infection was the very first thing I thought of.  I looked at that term (boggy) and it does refer to an infection, so hopefully that means you can leave the meds in the dust when it clears up.

You are lucky.  I can so easily imagine a careless doctor putting you on different meds for a different condition and you would be stuck on them for life, unnecessarily (maybe even with the infection going untreated).

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #541 on: September 14, 2015, 09:46:11 AM »
Yes, an infection was the very first thing I thought of.  I looked at that term (boggy) and it does refer to an infection, so hopefully that means you can leave the meds in the dust when it clears up.

You are lucky.  I can so easily imagine a careless doctor putting you on different meds for a different condition and you would be stuck on them for life, unnecessarily (maybe even with the infection going untreated).
I LIKE YOUR RESPONSE SERIOUSLY,,,AND I HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS WELL IN ADVANCE WHEN HE 1ST STARTED ME ON THE INITIAL CYPRO/PROTATE COMBO,1ST I WAS LIKE HOW DID THIS OCCUR?WHY?AND IS BOGGY SOMETHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT,LUCKILY HE TREATED MY LATE GRANDMOTHER AND MY FATHER IS HIS PATIENT TOO,MY DAD TRUSTS THIS GUY LIKE NO ONE ELSE HE FOUND A BLOOD INFECTION 2X THAT COULD HAVE KILLED MY DAD,HE HATES UNECCESSARY MED PROTOCALS,TRIES TO GET RIGHT SYMPTOM WITH TREATMENT,HE TOLD ME AFTER I HAD SOME SYMPTOMS RETURN TO BE PATIENT,NO INFECTION TO BE TREATED I HAD CLEAN CULTURE CYPRO AGAIN OR FOR A FEW WKS WOULD ROT MY GUT OUT OR GIVE ME OTHER ISSUES ESP WHEN NOT NEEDED,HE SAID TAKE AN ICREASE IN PILL TO 2 A DAY HE WAS RIGHT 2 DAYS LATER AND A WEEK NOW I FEEL MUCH BETTER,,DUDE STARED AT MY URINE LIKE 'COLUMBO'STARED AT A CLUE LOL...HE CALLED ME AT 10 O CLOCK AT NIGHT LAST WEEK WHEN I PANICKED THAT I WASN'T BETTER YET WHO DOWS THAT DR WISE..

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #542 on: September 14, 2015, 10:43:40 AM »
I LIKE YOUR RESPONSE SERIOUSLY,,,AND I HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS WELL IN ADVANCE WHEN HE 1ST STARTED ME ON THE INITIAL CYPRO/PROTATE COMBO,1ST I WAS LIKE HOW DID THIS OCCUR?WHY?AND IS BOGGY SOMETHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT,LUCKILY HE TREATED MY LATE GRANDMOTHER AND MY FATHER IS HIS PATIENT TOO,MY DAD TRUSTS THIS GUY LIKE NO ONE ELSE HE FOUND A BLOOD INFECTION 2X THAT COULD HAVE KILLED MY DAD,HE HATES UNECCESSARY MED PROTOCALS,TRIES TO GET RIGHT SYMPTOM WITH TREATMENT,HE TOLD ME AFTER I HAD SOME SYMPTOMS RETURN TO BE PATIENT,NO INFECTION TO BE TREATED I HAD CLEAN CULTURE CYPRO AGAIN OR FOR A FEW WKS WOULD ROT MY GUT OUT OR GIVE ME OTHER ISSUES ESP WHEN NOT NEEDED,HE SAID TAKE AN ICREASE IN PILL TO 2 A DAY HE WAS RIGHT 2 DAYS LATER AND A WEEK NOW I FEEL MUCH BETTER,,DUDE STARED AT MY URINE LIKE 'COLUMBO'STARED AT A CLUE LOL...HE CALLED ME AT 10 O CLOCK AT NIGHT LAST WEEK WHEN I PANICKED THAT I WASN'T BETTER YET WHO DOWS THAT DR WISE..

This is the way it should be.  No, I don't think many doctors would do that these days.  Seriously, doctors like this deserve a medal.  They are disappearing in this world, and I don't know what we will do without them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »

Frank Zappa must have had prostate cancer for quite awhile before he discovered it. Prostate cancer is usually very slow growing. Mine was discovered in the early stages. The doctor gave me several options on how to deal with it. One was to do what's called watchful waiting. He indicated I most likely would die from something else before the prostate cancer took me out. Never-the-less, I chose to have a prostatectomy because the watchful waiting option seemed like having a time bomb that's waiting to explode.

A simple blood test will tell you and your doctor whether you should be concerned about your prostate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2015, 11:17:18 AM »
....HE CALLED ME AT 10 O CLOCK AT NIGHT LAST WEEK WHEN I PANICKED THAT I WASN'T BETTER YET WHO DOWS THAT DR WISE..

Occasionally a doctor will do something like this that amazes you. When my wife was on Hospice, her GP came to the house twice just to visit. She sent a really beautiful flower arrangement when my wife passed.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #545 on: September 14, 2015, 11:24:54 AM »
Occasionally a doctor will do something like this that amazes you. When my wife was on Hospice, her GP came to the house twice just to visit. She sent a really beautiful flower arrangement when my wife passed.
YEAH,,THIS GUY CHECKS YOUR REFLEXES,LISTENS AND FEELS AREAS WHICH HAVE INDICATION OF SOMETHING OFF,DR IS AMAZING.TELLS MY DAD VITAMIN WISE WHATS A WASTE OR WHAT HE CAN USE THAT WON'T HIM OR MAKE BUNCH OF A DIFFERENCE BUT COULD STILL BE USED.WE CLICKED BECAUSE HE DRIVES OLDER BMW'S AND VOLVOS AND I HAVE WORKED WITH BOTH CAR LINES..EXTRVAGANCE ISN'T HIS AGENDA..

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #546 on: September 14, 2015, 11:28:41 AM »
Prime, yes, somehow Frank Zappa must've slipped through unnoticed.  I believe he then refused traditional treatment because he felt it "doesn't work" and that it would only worsen his condition.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #547 on: September 14, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »
Prime, did your desire to do gear impact your decisions regarding your prostate? (even the low doses that you do)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #548 on: September 14, 2015, 11:37:07 AM »
NJ, if you come across a 70 144s, please tell Harley.  (seriously.. he is looking for one)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: September 14, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »
Prime, did your desire to do gear impact your decisions regarding your prostate? (even the low doses that you do)

It did in a couple of ways. Contrary to what some folks think, there is nothing to support the theory that "Gear" causes prostate cancer. In my case, being on testosterone meant having more PSA checks then I did before using it. It was because of this blood test that the cancer was caught so early on. Most doctors agree that testosterone is like candy to prostate cancer, once you get it. For this reason, I stopped using testosterone when the cancer was detected and stayed off it for a couple of years after the prostatectomy. I continue to monitor my PSA levels by getting the blood test 2 times a year. So far, my PSA has remained so low that it is considered undetectable. Catching the cancer early and it being contained within the prostate means there is almost no chance it spread elsewhere....almost.