Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 415676 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1575 on: April 14, 2016, 08:10:31 AM »
BACK/TRAPS/CALVES/ABS/TREADMILL

CHINS X3X12 WIDE NICE START..
TBAR ROW X4...2 PLATES/2 AND 25,3 PLATES,3 PLATES 10 AND 5
LOW CABLE ROW X3 USED A WIDE BIGGER VERSION OF THE V BAR..165/180/195
HAMMER UNDERHAND PULLDOWNS MACHINE 2 PLATES X3 X10
FINISH I SAW GUY AT GYM DOING THESE LOW CABLE ROPE 'LOWER SECTION OF THE CROSSOVER STATION STANDING PULL TO WAIST OPEN THE ROPE BACK AS FAR AT WAIST REALLY HIT THE LATS LOWER TO MID BACK

WEIGHTED HYPERS X4 45 LB PLATE

SHRUGS
185/225 NO STRAPS...275/295/295 X10 STRAPPED.225 X15 STRAPPED

CALVES 5 SETS STANDING CALF RAISES

ABS

TREADMILL DONE BEFORE ABS

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1576 on: April 14, 2016, 12:30:55 PM »
I do both.  Still torn about going the full home route again.  At this hardcore type gym I met a friend that makes it fun going there. We never workout together but between sets we talk a little.  Really good atmosphere at this gym as opposed to the "million" dollar gym down the road. 

Interesting. The gym I belong to is neither hardcore nor fancy. It is somewhere between these extremes. There is loads of equipment, which keeps working out interesting and fresh. There is the "pump room" for hardcore lifters and plenty of free weights for the old school bodybuilders. The age range is anywhere from mid-teens to ancient (even older than me). About 30% of the clientele are female. It is a family gym in that the pool area is open to folks of all ages if accompanied by an adult. Variety rules. There is a separate building for cross training and one for aerobics, Zumba and yoga. Attached is North Lake physical therapy. About the only thing they don't have is a juice bar.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1577 on: April 15, 2016, 01:12:33 AM »
went for a run yesterday in the woods. nearly landed on my face :'( the tracks are full of roots from the trees and my shoe caught one. Still better than running on the streets and you have peace and quite.
Interesting. The gym I belong to is neither hardcore nor fancy. It is somewhere between these extremes. There is loads of equipment, which keeps working out interesting and fresh. There is the "pump room" for hardcore lifters and plenty of free weights for the old school bodybuilders. The age range is anywhere from mid-teens to ancient (even older than me). About 30% of the clientele are female. It is a family gym in that the pool area is open to folks of all ages if accompanied by an adult. Variety rules. There is a separate building for cross training and one for aerobics, Zumba and yoga. Attached is North Lake physical therapy. About the only thing they don't have is a juice bar.
sounds like a great Gym.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1578 on: April 15, 2016, 07:23:45 AM »
Back and Chest:  Weak from yesterday's run.

Pull ups 3 x max
Seated long lat pulls 2 x 12 195-180lbs
Dumbbell lat row off bench 2 x 10 80lbs (all the way down and up)
Hammer strength pulldown 2 x 10

Dumbbell incline press 2 x 8 75lbs (all the way down. Shoulder is shot)
Hammer strength incline 2 x 8 up to 4 plates. two a side
flat flies 2 x 10 45lbs
machine flies 2 x 10

deadlifts 2 x 4 300lbs 1 x 1 340lbs
weighted hyperextensions 2 x 15 25lbs plate behing head

ab coaster 2 x 24 60lbs
machine crunch 2 x 20

Gym observations:  

Two college wrestlers curling having a conversation, " Harry said he wouldn't mind if I fucked his sister. I'm going to take him up on that." It sounded like I was listening to two comedians.  One said at one point, " My mom wants me to give up pot saying it's a gateway drug.  I said Mom! Do I look like a crack head?" In between talking about wrestling competitions I thought I was witnessing a Saturday Night Live episode with their crazy conversations. Definitely two getbiggers.

Wow the weights felt heavy today.  I always have that feeling after a hard cardio day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1579 on: April 15, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »
Changed it up quite a bit yesterday when I worked arms. Used different equipment on almost every exercise. Whenever I do this, depending on which equipment I'm using, I'll dial back the resistance and up the reps. Yesterday, I also upped the sets. When I was done, my arms felt blasted and pumped. They're tight today, but not painful. Tomorrow will be the test, since I often don't feel sore until the second day after a workout.

I added back doing abs at the end of the workout and I did 20 minutes of cardio.

Here are some of the exercises I did:

Nautilus multi bicep alternating curls 5 X 15 - 6
Nautilus seated dips with elbows tucked close to body 5 X 15 - 8
Machine preacher curls 4 X 12 - 8
Nautilus multi triceps 4 X 12 - 8
Standing double arm side cable curls 3 X 12
Overhead standing cable triceps extensions 3 X 12
Nautilus multi forearm machine (4 exercises) 1 X 15  each position
Nautilus seated crunches 2 X 25
Treadmill fast walk for 20 minutes

Total workout time 1 hr and 15 minutes

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1580 on: April 16, 2016, 06:48:46 AM »
was pushed for time today so rather than do nothing i just did an abbreviated workout..

Squats (felt ok on my shoulders) 3 sets 10-12 reps
BB rows old school style.. 3x10-12
Push ups with Bars 3x max
BB Military press 3x10-12

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1581 on: April 17, 2016, 06:11:15 PM »
I took yesterday and today off from the gym. No good excuse really. I am just feeling old and tired and my back spasms have started up again. A little sneeze or just a slight wrong movement and I double over in pain. On a more positive note, I did work in the yard most of the day today. I also hand washed and dried my car....I am treating it like it is golden. Tomorrow is a very busy day with me being out of town most of it. Hams may have to wait until Tuesday.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1582 on: April 17, 2016, 06:47:06 PM »
I took the entire weekend off. Just wasn't feeling well.  Maybe a workout would have lifted my spirits.  Prime don't feel bad for time off. It's as important as training. I hit it hard 5 days in a row and I feel a little guilty for taking two days off. Rationally I know I needed two days off but I keep thinking I failed in my work ethic.  Ideally I want to hit it 6 days a week with an even split between lifting and cardio.   I also did about an hour of yard work today. I got so filthy I was afraid to walk to the the shower and wanted to hose off outside first. Just don't forget the important hammies in your training split.  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1583 on: April 18, 2016, 02:18:50 AM »
I took the entire weekend off. Just was feeling well.  Maybe a workout would have lifted my spirits.  Prime don't feel bad for time off. It's as important as training. I hit it hard 5 days in a row and I feel a little guilty for taking two days off. Rationally I know I needed two days off but I keep thinking I failed in my work ethic.  Ideally I want to hit it 6 days a week with an even split between lifting and cardio.   I also did about an hour of yard work today. I got so filthy I was afraid to walk to the the shower and wanted to hose off outside first. Just don't forget the important hammies in your training split. 
when i feel like that i just go for an hours walk..

Workout today..

Front squats
Lying leg curls
Chinning the bar SS
Parallel bar dips
Military press
Side raises or upright rows(wide grip)
Ez bar curls
incline french press ez bar
Abs: crunch/reverse crunch

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1584 on: April 18, 2016, 06:07:46 AM »
had 5 day workout week ,,2 at gym rest a t home ..at least my home set up is good enough..

sat pump day circuit..little bit every thing chest/back.tri/back /traps...delts/bis were still recouping....

sun legs,,i have to be creative only have so much I can do...

I supersetted 5 sets extensions with goblet squat 'wood 'plank under foot'60 lbs sets 12-15 sick pump ..little rest''i'm freaking sore today..
lunges with 45 lbs step forward and back and same with other leg x4

hams
5 sets single leg standing leg curls with sldl db 60's same thing wood under heels..

calves got creative again '2 25 lb plates spread apart a bit ,small piece of 2 by 4 across and used 45 lb db each hand and calf raise worked great sick pump did 7 sets 12 reps or close ,,my calves were veiny as hell after theses..calves are sore today

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1585 on: April 18, 2016, 06:51:48 AM »
had 5 day workout week ,,2 at gym rest a t home ..at least my home set up is good enough..

sat pump day circuit..little bit every thing chest/back.tri/back /traps...delts/bis were still recouping....

sun legs,,i have to be creative only have so much I can do...

I supersetted 5 sets extensions with goblet squat 'wood 'plank under foot'60 lbs sets 12-15 sick pump ..little rest''i'm freaking sore today..
lunges with 45 lbs step forward and back and same with other leg x4

hams
5 sets single leg standing leg curls with sldl db 60's same thing wood under heels..

calves got creative again '2 25 lb plates spread apart a bit ,small piece of 2 by 4 across and used 45 lb db each hand and calf raise worked great sick pump did 7 sets 12 reps or close ,,my calves were veiny as hell after theses..calves are sore today
nice ideas in there Steve..you can get a great workout at Home. I have also used a Dips Belt at home for calf raises. One or two legged raises. Old school BB on shoulders and a couple of rubber coated plates so you donīt slide and lean slightly forwards onto a wall for balance is great too if you have no rack at home.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1586 on: April 18, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »
NJFLEX, confused by your goblet squat using a wood plank under foot?  Any pictures to clarify? Are you saying you have a wood under both feet to have clearance for the dumbbell between?

Leg day:

Squats 4 x 8 (starting to use heavier weight. Tried to sink 285lbs in a deep squat after the 4 sets and it felt pretty easy)  

Leg press 3 x 12 (thinking about only doing squats and dropping the leg press.)
leg extensions 3 x 12 (The good machine was taken and for the first set. The last two on the good machine)
Standing leg curl 2 x 12-9reps (upped the weight on the last set)

standing calf 2 x 12 195lb
seated calf 2 x 15 90lbs (don't know why this felt so heavy today)

4 way neck machine 2x15 (always feel like a dope doing these but I don't want a pencil neck)

ab coaster 2 x 29 40lbs
seated crunch machine 2 x 20  

Gym Observations:

Running out of gym observations.  I guess I'm not observing enough.  

Beginning to think the good guy owner thing is just an act for good business. I guess nothing wrong with that but if I don't like you, you will know it.  You won't know with fake manners. It's like a guy calling you sir as he stomps your head while you're on the ground.

I had a friend that said working out is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop.

Been feeling down lately and I think it's exhaustion from too much working out, a retirement job that I'm not happy about, lack of sleep and maybe one too many drinks on the weekend. Going to try to get more rest.  Too much work without enough play makes for a grumpy guy. I like Donny's response that he takes a long walk. Yes, it's hard to be depressed after a long vigorous walk.  Great for the spirits.

Forgot to do stiff leg deadlifts in the gym. I went home and did them after the gym. 2 sets of 6 reps with 205lbs.  The bar brushed the top of my feet for most reps. I used a block about 8 inches high.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1587 on: April 19, 2016, 02:52:34 AM »
NJFLEX, confused by your goblet squat using a wood plank under foot?  Any pictures to clarify? Are you saying you have a wood under both feet to have clearance for the dumbbell between?

Leg day:

Squats 4 x 8 (starting to use heavier weight. Tried to sink 285lbs in a deep squat after the 4 sets and it felt pretty easy)  

Leg press 3 x 12 (thinking about only doing squats and dropping the leg press.)
leg extensions 3 x 12 (The good machine was taken and for the first set. The last two on the good machine)
Standing leg curl 2 x 12-9reps (upped the weight on the last set)

standing calf 2 x 12 195lb
seated calf 2 x 15 90lbs (don't know why this felt so heavy today)

4 way neck machine 2x15 (always feel like a dope doing these but I don't want a pencil neck)

ab coaster 2 x 29 40lbs
seated crunch machine 2 x 20  

Gym Observations:

Running out of gym observations.  I guess I'm not observing enough.  

Beginning to think the good guy owner thing is just an act for good business. I guess nothing wrong with that but if I don't like you, you will know it.  You won't know with fake manners. It's like a guy calling you sir as he stomps your head while you're on the ground.

I had a friend that said working out is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop.

Been feeling down lately and I think it's exhaustion from too much working out, a retirement job that I'm not happy about, lack of sleep and maybe one too many drinks on the weekend. Going to try to get more rest.  Too much work without enough play makes for a grumpy guy. I like Donny's response that he takes a long walk. Yes, it's hard to be depressed after a long vigorous walk.  Great for the spirits.

Forgot to do stiff leg deadlifts in the gym. I went home and did them after the gym. 2 sets of 6 reps with 205lbs.  The bar brushed the top of my feet for most reps. I used a block about 8 inches high.

a long walk is a great stress reliever. I think you should maybe take a week or so off and try to relax. I also like to go outside and practise with my jo and Ken. Neighbours probably think i am a nut case but who cares ;D..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1588 on: April 19, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »
Did a interval cardio workout. I did 6 x 400 meters. The last two were in 6:30 mile pace or 9.3 MPH.  The rest in between was 200 meters at 3.8MPH. Then I did 2 x 200 meters with the last at 10.4 MPH.

Then I hit the heavy bag for two rounds. I like hitting it after cardio. I'm warmed up and I save my joints a little because maybe I hit it a little softer than if I was fresh. It's the same thinking when I put deadlifts at the end of my workout. I'm all warmed up and shot so it keeps the weight down.  I just feel it's safer at my age.

Donny I would love to train with a sword.  Actually thought about going to a Aikido school just for the sword part.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1589 on: April 19, 2016, 03:06:43 PM »
Did a interval cardio workout. I did 6 x 400 meters. The last two were in 6:30 mile pace or 9.3 MPH.  The rest in between was 200 meters at 3.8MPH. Then I did 2 x 200 meters with the last at 10.4 MPH.

Then I hit the heavy bag for two rounds. I like hitting it after cardio. I'm warmed up and I save my joints a little because maybe I hit it a little softer than if I was fresh. It's the same thinking when I put deadlifts at the end of my workout. I'm all warmed up and shot so it keeps the weight down.  I just feel it's safer at my age.

Donny I would love to train with a sword.  Actually thought about going to a Aikido school just for the sword part.

Kendo, Aikido are from Bushido but have advanced to an intellectual and moral standard. I have always loved martial arts and their meaning.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1590 on: April 19, 2016, 07:49:50 PM »
chest/tri/abs

seated chest press 'stack 'version.x4
inc press,135/155/165/175-135 drop,,
cable crossovers x3
lower cable flyes x3
fdb press db palms facing 55/60/60

tris
seated extension machine superset cable rope pushdowns x4
dipmachine superset with cable standing single arm kick backsx3
db extension overhead x3

abs

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1591 on: April 20, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
Delt and arms:

Military clean and press 2 x 8 115lbs (warm for my bad delts. All the way down)
Dumbbell shoulder press standing 2 x 8 55lbs
Dumbbell delt laterals 2 x 10 25 lb
Rear delt dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 30-35lbs
Machine delt laterals 2 x 10 80 lbs
barbell shrugs 2 x 10 255lbs

Weighted dips 2 x 10 25lbs (all the way down)
traditional tri pushdowns 2 x 10
rope tri 2 x 10

ez curl 2 x 10 95lbs
machine scott curl 2 x 8
concentration curl 2 x 12

forearm wrist curl 2 x 30 90lbs
reverse grip pulley curl 2 x 12

ab crunch machine 2 x 20
hanging leg raises 2 x 20

Gym observations:

Guy told me he nearly died from colon cancer a couple of years ago. He's better but he still has issues from the operation and chemo. He said sometimes he has the runs so bad he becomes physically ill from the loss of electrolytes. He said when he started in the gym after cancer he tried to bench the bar and he couldn't do it. He's no world beater with the weights now but I give him much respect for the fight he has gone through. I respect his 135lbs bench more than a guy doing 500lbs.

My gym membership runs out next week. Thinking I will train in the basement for a month or so exclusively. It will be a good change up.  I trained so much in my home gym prior I forgot how good it felt to work out among other people. Then again training at home has so many advantages.  No waiting. The music is perfect. I know the equipment is great because I picked it out.  One draw back is that everything is plate loaded at home. Slows me down a bit.

Tomorrow is a cardio day. Might run without the shirt to start working on my tan.  :)  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1592 on: April 20, 2016, 04:23:28 PM »
Delt and arms:

Military clean and press 2 x 8 115lbs (warm for my bad delts. All the way down)
Dumbbell shoulder press standing 2 x 8 55lbs
Dumbbell delt laterals 2 x 10 25 lb
Rear delt dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 30-35lbs
Machine delt laterals 2 x 10 80 lbs
barbell shrugs 2 x 10 255lbs

Weighted dips 2 x 10 25lbs (all the way down)
traditional tri pushdowns 2 x 10
rope tri 2 x 10

ez curl 2 x 10 95lbs
machine scott curl 2 x 8
concentration curl 2 x 12

forearm wrist curl 2 x 30 90lbs
reverse grip pulley curl 2 x 12

ab crunch machine 2 x 20
hanging leg raises 2 x 20

Gym observations:

Guy told me he nearly died from colon cancer a couple of years ago. He's better but he still has issues from the operation and chemo. He said sometimes he has the runs so bad he becomes physically ill from the loss of electrolytes. He said when he started in the gym after cancer he tried to bench the bar and he couldn't do it. He's no world beater with the weights now but I give him much respect for the fight he has gone through. I respect his 135lbs bench more than a guy doing 500lbs.

My gym membership runs out next week. Thinking I will train in the basement for a month or so exclusively. It will be a good change up.  I trained so much in my home gym prior I forgot how good it felt to work out among other people. Then again training at home has so many advantages.  No waiting. The music is perfect. I know the equipment is great because I picked it out.  One draw back is that everything is plate loaded at home. Slows me down a bit.

Tomorrow is a cardio day. Might run without the shirt to start working on my tan.  :)  

respect to the guy with colon cancer.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1593 on: April 21, 2016, 05:54:19 AM »
BACK/TRAPS/ABS/TREADMILL/CALVES

ALWAYS START 5 SETS 15 HI-10 LO OF HEAVY CALF RAISES

BACK
CHINS WIDE X3 X12
TBAR ROW ELEVATED VERSION 2 PLATES ,2 PLATES AND CHANGE/2 PLATES AND 25
UNDERHANDED HAMMER PULLDOWN SINGLE ARM AT A TIME ..2 PLATES,2 PLATES AND 10 A SIDE X2
LOW PULLEY ROWS.180/210/210
LOW CABLE AT CROSSOVER STATION WITH ROPE PULL FROM BOTTOM TO WAIST AND PULL BACK OPEN ROPE HITS LOWER LATS NICE X3

45 LB PLATE LOWER BACK HYPERS

TRAPS
SHRUGS 185/235/285/315
REVERSE SHRUGS IN BACK WITH BAR 235/235/185X20 DROP

ABS 5 SETS 30 CRUNCH MACHINE

TREADMILL

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1594 on: April 21, 2016, 09:13:52 AM »
Had an easy cardio day. Just wasn't feeling it. I ran 2 miles at 8:36 pace.  I hit the heavy bag for two three minute rounds.  I've been working out five days a week. Three lifting and two cardio days. I hope I can get in an extra cardio day on Saturday.  Tomorrow on Friday is back and chest. Fridays have been a tough day for me. Rise early to hit the gym and then work is extra hours on Friday.  It's also drinking day for me as soon as I get home. I will limit myself to 3 or 4 drinks.  8)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1595 on: April 21, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »
Had an easy cardio day. Just wasn't feeling it. I ran 2 miles at 8:36 pace.  I hit the heavy bag for two three minute rounds.  I've been working out five days a week. Three lifting and two cardio days. I hope I can get in an extra cardio day on Saturday.  Tomorrow on Friday is back and chest. Fridays have been a tough day for me. Rise early to hit the gym and then work is extra hours on Friday.  It's also drinking day for me as soon as I get home. I will limit myself to 3 or 4 drinks.  8)
;D Drinking Day... talking of Booze i was surprised to see Millers Beer in a local supermarket here. I think you need a Day off now and again and if Friday is your day do it. I was out and about today on my Mountain bike. Was quite warm today. Got some colour on my Face. Tomorrow i will go for a run after my workout.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1596 on: April 21, 2016, 04:27:59 PM »
;D Drinking Day... talking of Booze i was surprised to see Millers Beer in a local supermarket here. I think you need a Day off now and again and if Friday is your day do it. I was out and about today on my Mountain bike. Was quite warm today. Got some colour on my Face. Tomorrow i will go for a run after my workout.

Miller is one of the worst beers in the US. It seems to sell well in hillbilly areas. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1597 on: April 22, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »
Back and chest:

clean and push press 3 x 3 to 175lbs ( I use to use decent weight here but it's where I am right now.

Pull ups 3 x max
Seated long pulls with V handle 2 x 12 170lbs
Dumbbell lat rows off bench 2 x 10 80lbs (all the way down and up)
Hammer strength pull downs 2 x 10

Hammer incline press 2 x 8 two 45lbs plates on each side.
Incline dumbbell press 2 x 6 75lbs
Machine flies 2 x 10
Push ups 1 x max

Ab coaster 2 x 24 60lbs
ab crunch machine 2 x 20

Weighted back extensions 2 x 15 25lbs plate behind head.

Need to get leaner. Going to try to watch what I eat. I have a horrific diet at night after dinner. I had chips and cookies watching tv yesterday.  I had a clean breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. Then I ruin it with garbage snacks. 

Gym Observations:

A guy looks like Tarzan.  Long flowing hair with an athletic build.  Expected him to do the yell between sets.

I lost my water bottle one workout and an old guy busted my chops about it. Now every time I see him it's the same routine.  "Find your water bottle yet?"  Getting old buddy.  ;D

When I walked in there was a female power lifter breaking down the bar she used for deadlifts. I kept trying to tell her to leave the 45lbs plates on but she had those beats by dre headphones on. She unloaded it and I put the plates back on it.

One guy had his eye brows done like a girl. It looks so effeminate. Man trim them but don't have them done in beauty parlor. Made him look like a fag. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Why do they have locker rooms in gyms anymore. People come dressed to work out and shower at home. Never seen a guy in this gym come in with regular clothes then change into workout gear. Take a shower and return to regular clothes. I guess for some there is no other option coming from work. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1598 on: April 22, 2016, 07:10:39 PM »
delt,bi/forarms/tredmill

fr press 115/135/145/155-115 drop .12/10/8/6-10
seated lateral raises side 20/25x3 x12
fr cable rope raise x3
cable rear raise x3
single arm cable upright row ..tried 1st time was actually good x3

bi's
curls large 45 lb bar...85/95/105/105-95..
seated curl machine angled single arm x3
seated curl cable x3
hammer grip concentration curl on knee seated x2

forarms cable reverse wrist curls x4
wrist curls x4

treadmill

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1599 on: April 23, 2016, 01:11:37 PM »
In the U.S. some medical insurance companies offer seniors the "Silver Sneakers" program. I believe it is free. The really nice thing about it is that many gyms have signed on to this program. I'm hoping to utilize it in order to throw some variety into were I workout. Today, I will check out L.A. Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness gyms near where I live. Something needs to happen to get me inspired again, I haven't been to the gym in over a week. If I do this, I will continue to maintain my paid membership at Nelson's Nautilus Plus since I have been a member for over 30 years and am "grandfathered" in at a ridiculously low annual membership rate.

On another note, last Monday I attended a monthly board meeting I chair. I parallel parked on the street because there was no room in the parking lot. Some ass-wipe in what must have been a truck or large SUV backed into the front of my car. The damage is minor but I am still having it repaired at a cost of nearly $1,000. It was a hit and run, so my co-pay is reduced to $300. I can tell you, I was really pissed off when I saw what had happened to my pristine brand new car. The damage could have been worse, so that's one way to look at it.