Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Powerlifting / Strongman

JM press vs close grip

(1/3) > >>

sceagacros:
In what scenarios would you pick one over the other as a supplemental lift for raw benching (if you could only use one), and why?

benchmstr:

--- Quote from: sceagacros on December 24, 2017, 04:58:16 AM ---In what scenarios would you pick one over the other as a supplemental lift for raw benching (if you could only use one), and why?

--- End quote ---
I have always found JM press works better for size and close grip for strength..that’s for me though

Bench

Montague:

--- Quote from: benchmstr on February 23, 2018, 02:02:28 PM ---I have always found JM press works better for size and close grip for strength..that’s for me though

Bench

--- End quote ---

Interesting.
I noticed the same when I did them for a time. I always felt like my wrists were my weakest link in that exercise - even wrapping them.

There are several variations that people "call" the JM press. I used a cambered bar with the technique Blakely described himself on video. Haven't done them forever since I almost never have a spotter anymore (one I trust, anyway).

benchmstr:

--- Quote from: Montague on February 25, 2018, 04:41:37 PM ---
Interesting.
I noticed the same when I did them for a time. I always felt like my wrists were my weakest link in that exercise - even wrapping them.

There are several variations that people "call" the JM press. I used a cambered bar with the technique Blakely described himself on video. Haven't done them forever since I almost never have a spotter anymore (one I trust, anyway).

--- End quote ---
I actually use jm presses with lighter weight and super high reps..if I’m really after size for whatever reason I will do them in the smith machine...it’s the only thing that piece of shit is good for

Bench

B_B_C:
Make sure you don't already have tennis elbow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version